General discussion; finding the series, downloading clips

Discussion, info, and questions pertaining to the 1990 short lived television series which aired on Fox TV channel.

General discussion; finding the series, downloading clips

julia
Posts 0
julia

13 Nov 2006, 06:00 #1

I don't know if you're wrong, silly. I've never seen the series :(

Where have you seen it a few months ago? Do they show reruns of it?

Thanks for the link! You're so cool :)

_stella
Supreme Member
_stella
Supreme Member

13 Nov 2006, 14:10 #2

julia @ Nov 13 2006, 01:00 AM wrote: I don't know if you're wrong, silly. I've never seen the series :(
Oh, I meant for others who have seen the TV series that might be reading. =)

They don't rerun the TV Series, but I managed to come across a bootlegged copy about a year and a half ago. =)
RIP Sgt Nick Carnes
All gave some, he gave all.
02/01/82 - 08/26/07

Rounding third and headed for Heaven

julia
Posts 0
julia

14 Nov 2006, 00:48 #3

Oh.LOL I'm the silly one!

Upload it on youtube! :) PLEASE! For underprivallidged children, like myself. :)

_stella
Supreme Member
_stella
Supreme Member

14 Nov 2006, 00:55 #4

Wish I could, but I have no idea how to upload a DVD to YouTube and I imagine it's illegal. Sorry. I could perhaps take a few clips with my digital camcorder and upload them that way, but I'm not too good at keeping my hand still and my DVD player seems to be not reading disks.
RIP Sgt Nick Carnes
02/01/82 - 08/26/07

julia
Posts 0
julia

14 Nov 2006, 01:36 #5

LOL, thanks anyways :)

Cute kids, btw.

Ces
Supreme Member
Ces
Supreme Member

14 Nov 2006, 02:36 #6

looky looky

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TQfpGMyPp3c

I went through 10 pages before getting tired of looking.. ha.
"It’s going to be a jungle of a day. If I start growling now, I’ll never last." - King Henry II, The Lion in Winter

julia
Posts 0
julia

14 Nov 2006, 02:41 #7

I LOVE YOU!!!!!

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! :)

_stella
Supreme Member
_stella
Supreme Member

22 Nov 2006, 05:31 #8

I didn't realize that my computer was also a DVD player and I've recorded a few clips from the first 40 minutes of the Pilot episode of the TV Series. At some of the darker parts of on some of the clips, you can see the glow on the television I had on in the room, but it's not that noticable. It's on the lower right hand side and I don't think it'll affect the clips. I'm going to upload as I go so I know which ones will work and which ones will not.

See below :D

Nevermind the original message - I got the camera working. I have a few more to upload, but I will get to them soon, maybe tomorrow or later tonight, I'll just edit this message. Hope you enjoy. =).
RIP Sgt Nick Carnes
02/01/82 - 08/26/07

Angle
Supreme Member
Angle
Supreme Member

22 Nov 2006, 09:33 #9

I really want it. It's going to drive me mad for years just like when I was trying to get my hands on a copy of the outsiders film on DVD. That was really hard before I got the internet. It's really hard to get someone with all the episodes.
Remeber that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes.
LOOK FOR MADDIE.

UP THE ROSSIES

Ces
Supreme Member
Ces
Supreme Member

25 Nov 2006, 15:35 #10

_stella @ Nov 22 2006, 12:31 AM wrote: I've recorded a few clips from the first 40 minutes of the Pilot episode of the TV Series.
You are plain incredible

Man.. watching the theme song clip, where they're rubbing the blue food in each other's faces.. I suddenly got terrified of the prospect of having three teenage boys in my house in about 12 years.. LOL
"It’s going to be a jungle of a day. If I start growling now, I’ll never last." - King Henry II, The Lion in Winter

Angle
Supreme Member
Angle
Supreme Member

25 Nov 2006, 18:12 #11

Ces @ Nov 25 2006, 09:35 AM wrote: You are plain incredible

Man.. watching the theme song clip, where they're rubbing the blue food in each other's faces.. I suddenly got terrified of the prospect of having three teenage boys in my house in about 12 years.. LOL
Haha. I can't wait for Jamie to be a teenager I hope we're close then. I'll finally be able to go out without worrying about a babysitter. :D I'd love my house to a bit like the Curtis house so full of fun and by the way that is one clean and tidy house house.
LOOK FOR MADDIE.

UP THE ROSSIES

_stella
Supreme Member
_stella
Supreme Member

25 Nov 2006, 18:36 #12

Ces @ Nov 25 2006, 10:35 AM wrote:You are plain incredible
Why thank you. =) LOL.

I still have to upload some more, but I'll probably do them today. I've been stuck around my family for a week and I seriously need a break, haha! Besides, I've really only paid attention to the TV series like a little bit. Like, I'll watch it from a distance and kinda look here and there but like I have to pay attention and watch the screen right in front of me. haha There are a couple times where I had to rerecord because you can hear me plain as day in the background going, "Wow, I missed that." haha

But I have more saved that I just need to upload and I have more to record because I'm having fun recording it.
Ces @ Nov 25 2006, 10:35 AM wrote: Man.. watching the theme song clip, where they're rubbing the blue food in each other's faces.. I suddenly got terrified of the prospect of having three teenage boys in my house in about 12 years.. LOL
Kiss a clean house (or a sorta, kinda clean house in my case) goodbye, LOL. I didn't even think about that!
RIP Sgt Nick Carnes
02/01/82 - 08/26/07

Ces
Supreme Member
Ces
Supreme Member

25 Nov 2006, 21:16 #13

_stella @ Nov 25 2006, 01:36 PM wrote: I still have to upload some more, but I'll probably do them today.

Kiss a clean house (or a sorta, kinda clean house in my case) goodbye, LOL. I didn't even think about that!
Haha, yes, do that.

What's a clean house?

I'm liking Darry and Pony's actors. They really pull off the ages well. Pony definitely comes across as a very absentminded 14 year old! Haven't gotten an opinion on Soda yet, must be too asleep still in that main clip.

_stella
Supreme Member
_stella
Supreme Member

25 Nov 2006, 21:56 #14

haha, I'm still trying to figure out what a clean house is!

I have moooore.

Starting from the beginning and going in order. =)

Bart Simpson "introduces" the TV Series
The Theme Song
First 5-6 minutes of Pilot
Pony's first day at school, Cherry snubs him, Scout gets into a fight with a boy (Leonardo DiCaprio) at school
Cherry see's Pony at the diner, soc's show up, they have a drag race
Darry's soc friend comes to the house
Ponyboy gets beat up by the Soc's
Tim confronts the Soc's who beat up Ponyboy
Darry gets phone call from friend. They go to Bucks
"Buck" talks about Korea haha, I love Buck because his accent is like mine. LOL. Oh, at the end, I accidentally turned off the camera, but he says "You boys be careful in your war." and then I have the next video clip as to what Soda and Steve says. =) You can see part of the beginning of this clip in the last one.
Soda and Steve about war =)
Darry tells Tim he and his brothers won't fight in the rumble
Ponyboy meets Scout. this one is reallllly dark but on occasion you can see a few faces. But the audio is good, so yeah. =)
Ponyboy reads his composition
Ponyboy reads the note Cherry put on his desk
Ponyboy and Two-Bit get jumped in the bowling alley (Ponyboy works there, now)
Scout gets Ponyboy and Two-Bit out of trouble with the cops
Boys make dinner (blue mashed potato scene!) and Scout comes to the house.
Darry at work and gets chewed out by his boss/friend
Tim asks Darry to fight with them Again
Scout and Ponyboy watch the sunset
Scout and Ponyboy watch the Sunset part two. My camera died here, so I can redo it if ya want. That's why it's in two parts.
Darry at work, the gang goes to the football game, the dance, Darry contemplates the rumble at home, Ponyboy leaves the dance. - Long clip.
The Rumble, Tim gets arrested, Pony angry at Darry. - long clip
The next few days after the rumble, a visit from the social worker
Dinner, Pony and Soda finds Darry was fired, Ending, scenes from next episode.

more to come, and I'll edit this message (since they're all in order here, =D)

ooh, and I have the part where ponyboy meets scout, but it's so dark because in the scene, they were coming back from Buck's and it was dark outside. Sooo, you can't see much except the occasional blue part where you see Scout or Ponyboy's cheek or something, so do you want me to take a black video or make a sound of it with my mic or just forget it? LOL

all right, I just edited this one and now except for a few seconds here or there, I have the whole Pilot episode up!
RIP Sgt Nick Carnes
02/01/82 - 08/26/07

Angle
Supreme Member
Angle
Supreme Member

25 Nov 2006, 23:41 #15

Hey no news on that being realsed on DVD no? All these clips just make me wanna see it more. I don't suspose they will release it. No if it's too dark Julie don't add the bit about Scout.
LOOK FOR MADDIE.

UP THE ROSSIES

_stella
Supreme Member
_stella
Supreme Member

26 Nov 2006, 00:13 #16

All righty. =) I have 20 more minutes of clips ready on my camera, but it's charging, so I'll upload them tonight. =).
RIP Sgt Nick Carnes
02/01/82 - 08/26/07

marsonfire
Supreme Member
marsonfire
Supreme Member

26 Nov 2006, 05:34 #17

This is bringing back SO many memories. I loved this show and watching all these clips I remember them all now! I was so addicted to the theme song.

I would love for it to be on DVD.

Angle
Supreme Member
Angle
Supreme Member

26 Nov 2006, 11:58 #18

Maybe someone from Fox should read this page and all the other discussions I came across when I was googling the show. They all say the same thing. Realse the show on DVD.
LOOK FOR MADDIE.

UP THE ROSSIES

Ces
Supreme Member
Ces
Supreme Member

26 Nov 2006, 22:35 #19

I can't get the ones of Pony reading the composition and the blue mashed potatoes to work - says those links are duplicates of ones that've already been uploaded.

Total_Geek325
Posts 0
Total_Geek325

27 Nov 2006, 00:17 #20

Ces @ Nov 26 2006, 04:35 PM wrote:I can't get the ones of Pony reading the composition and the blue mashed potatoes to work - says those links are duplicates of ones that've already been uploaded.
I got the same message, but I kind of found my way around it. What you do is go to the list of clips on the right side of the screen and scroll down until you find the clip that is 1 minute and 44 seconds long. There should be a picture of Scout and Ponyboy. That's the blue mashed potatoes clip. I couldn't get to the composition one though.
Hope this helps!! :)

Lizzy Jo Curtis
Advanced Member
Lizzy Jo Curtis
Advanced Member

27 Nov 2006, 01:53 #21

Total_Geek325 @ Nov 26 2006, 06:17 PM wrote: I got the same message, but I kind of found my way around it. What you do is go to the list of clips on the right side of the screen and scroll down until you find the clip that is 1 minute and 44 seconds long. There should be a picture of Scout and Ponyboy. That's the blue mashed potatoes clip. I couldn't get to the composition one though.
Hope this helps!! :)
Yes!! That helped a lot! Thank you! ^_^
~*Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you*~

_stella
Supreme Member
_stella
Supreme Member

27 Nov 2006, 02:00 #22

I reuploaded both videos again and switched the links in the message above. I don't know what to do if it don't work this time unless there is another video uploader besides Zippyvideos that anyone knows of. I'm working on some more. The next videos will be the rest of the Pilot. I'm also goin gto add in about 20 minutes from the beginning that I missed and didn't realize, so probably by the time I'm finished, I'll have almost the entire Pilot up in clips.
RIP Sgt Nick Carnes
02/01/82 - 08/26/07

Ces
Supreme Member
Ces
Supreme Member

27 Nov 2006, 05:41 #23

I can get the composition now, but I can't get the mashed potatoes through the link - only through the method Total Geek suggested

_stella
Supreme Member
_stella
Supreme Member

27 Nov 2006, 06:16 #24

All righty, I think I have it worked out now! I switched it again and it's working for me. =). My camera is charging now (blaaaaah, it never holds the charge) so I'm going to let it charge all night and then get some more up. =)
RIP Sgt Nick Carnes
02/01/82 - 08/26/07

Total_Geek325
Posts 0
Total_Geek325

27 Nov 2006, 21:47 #25

Ces @ Nov 26 2006, 11:41 PM wrote:I can get the composition now, but I can't get the mashed potatoes through the link - only through the method Total Geek suggested
Well, I finally got through to both of them, and for the mashed potatoes I didn't have to take the detour.... maybe you should try again??? :unsure: I don't know... I'm not good with technology.