Funny Stuff

New 2005 DVD discussions here!

Funny Stuff

shadowedwolf
Posts 0
shadowedwolf

24 Nov 2005, 04:32 #1

Personally, there are just some that crack me up every time:

Steve flipping off the back of that car, and hurting himself.

Dally, first scene of the original, walking to the movies, and looking back to check a girl out, turning all the way around. We know him so well, already.

Dally chasing the little kids.

The 'Hey Soda, here come the hobos' line from Steve, and how touchy he acts at work, how he really seems to care about his job, when you know he's crazy.

Two-bit behavior at the drive-in, and 'Hey baby, wanna see what's hanging?'

Dally falling out of his chair (all the more funny now that I know it was unintentional)

The 'are you a real redhead' spiel.

Darry and Pony's fight when Pony runs away to the park (I know it wasn't meant to be funny, but 'Where the HELL have you been?' always makes me laugh)

Dally's, 'That little broad sure does hate me. So you think she might like me a little bit?'

Tim Shepard on the couch. Tim Shepard period. That guy makes me laugh.

Two-bit making fun of Pony's hair and Socs alike.

Soda stepping out of the shower. Close call, there.

Cruise and cake. Two-bit and beer.

Two-bit balancing his shoe on beer cans.

Steve and Soda armwrestling. Steve's crazy. I love 'im.

Steve's 'Ain't nobody gonna call the fuzz in this neighborhood, cause they know better!' line.

Pony being the first one to get hit in the rumble. Sorry. Heh.

Pony crying and eating a chocolate bar.

Dally's laugh. Two-bit's laugh. Hands down. Love em.

Feel free to add any or comment!!

greaser_girl
Supreme Member
greaser_girl
Supreme Member

24 Nov 2005, 16:30 #2

When is Pony crying and eating a chocolate bar?
Greaser Girl - Stay Gold Greasers

shadowedwolf
Posts 0
shadowedwolf

24 Nov 2005, 16:40 #3

After Johnny cuts off his hair, they're sitting in the church and Johnny says, "I'm sorry I cut off your hair, Ponyboy." -- Complete Novel

MrsJohnnyCake
Posts 0
MrsJohnnyCake

25 Nov 2005, 01:00 #4

Hehe, I like the part where Pony is in Randy's car and Two-Bit Says, "Check out their pants!" :P (He was refering to the Socs)

ponygirlxcurtis
Posts 0
ponygirlxcurtis

26 Nov 2005, 19:52 #5

shadowedwolf @ Nov 23 2005, 11:32 PM wrote:

Steve's 'Ain't nobody gonna call the fuzz in this neighborhood, cause they know better!' line.

Pony being the first one to get hit in the rumble. Sorry. Heh.
Hhahahaaa, I love the part where Steve yells that line too! Iono y, but it sounds kinda funny to meeh. :D

Omg, it's sad you think it's funny how Ponyboy is the first one to get hit in the rumble, but I think it's funny how you think it's funny. :P

i_love_ponyboys_eyes
Posts 0
i_love_ponyboys_eyes

26 Nov 2005, 23:48 #6

These parts in The Complete Novel always make me laugh everytime I see them:

When Ponyboy asks Soda why he dropped out of school, and he answers "'Cause I'm Dumb" LOL

Also, when Soda says "I think I'm gonna marry Sandy", and after another of Soda's lines, Pony asks him if he is in love with Sandy. That cracks me up everytime :P

shadowedwolf
Posts 0
shadowedwolf

27 Nov 2005, 06:12 #7

Aw, you laugh when he say he loves Sandy? I think it's adorable. I really do. And then it gets extremely depressing when Sandy dumps him because she gets pregnant with another guy's kid... -see book, you have to read between the lines just a bit- That's half the reason he's so upset when he loses it with Darry and Pony after Dally's death. He throws down a letter from Sandy. He's sent her a letter, she's living in Florida now, and she returns it, unopened. God, poor Soda. He needs a hug.

i_love_ponyboys_eyes
Posts 0
i_love_ponyboys_eyes

28 Nov 2005, 00:47 #8

LOL, well what really makes me laugh about that part is that after he says he is gonna marry her, Ponyboy asks him if he is in love with her. Not so much when Soda answers, just when Pony asks it after Soda says he wants to marry her.

shadowedwolf
Posts 0
shadowedwolf

28 Nov 2005, 00:51 #9

Oh. I think it's cute ^^; But then it's sad when she dumps him...

Pitythebackseat
Supreme Member
Pitythebackseat
Supreme Member

28 Nov 2005, 02:19 #10

I think it's a bit odd too because Soda's just said he's thinking about marrying her, then Ponyboy asks afterwards "do you love her?" of course he loves her haha, why else would he want to marry her, aww
young teenage boys eh? :)
~~Katie~~..."he glides when he walks"....

Katie's Rumble Fish site

shadowedwolf
Posts 0
shadowedwolf

28 Nov 2005, 02:25 #11

Haha, yeah. Gotta love 'em. Soda's so cute.

ponyboys_sunset
Posts 0
ponyboys_sunset

28 Nov 2005, 07:12 #12

i'm adding to the funny list:

- Dally's laugh

- when Dally asks Johnny for a "cancer stick"

- in Dally's hospital bed when he takes a quick look at the Gift that Two-Bit swapped from the Gift shop and, as if the Gift didnt mean a thing, he places it on the table. i guess just the mere idea of a tough guy Dally and a winky dink toy together, haha.

- Tom Waits' character, how he just closes the door on Ponyboy and Johnny without saying a word.

- when Ponyboy begins to wander into other rooms of that same bar. and how that gal stares at him when they leave, then she has a frowned face on her after.

- Two-Bit's wide eyes when he is watching Mickey on TV, after Sodapop tells Two-Bit this.

- when Two-Bit says his mom would die of a heart attack if ever he cleaned up his home.

- when Ponyboy calls Two-Bit a "lazy bum" after they wrestle.

marsonfire
Supreme Member
marsonfire
Supreme Member

13 Dec 2005, 00:08 #13

Some of my favourite funnies:

Steve's flips (made even funnier by watching the commentary lol)

Dally falling off his chair at the movies (I'm SO glad FFC kept that in...it just makes everything too perfect)

Two-Bit at the movies

Dally's "Okay good for you" when he finds out they killed a Soc. Just so non-chalant and funny to me. I wish they'd used to line about him being in the bedroom and Pony getting all embarassed lol.

Pony falling at Johnny's feet in the church and saying "Fancy meeting you here"

Pony waking up and hearing the raccoon at the church "Johnny, there's a monster outside" lol.

Dally's driving - chicken noises? Meowing lol.

The "you shouldn't be smoking" scene in the hospital and the part where they wheel Dally in - "You ever pull a stunt like that again, I'm gonna kill you" lol

Dally hassling the nurse - "You make my stomach sick" is now one of my favourite quotes lol.

Steve's "Beer for breakfast there Two-Bit?" and "You gotta wear clothes to work, there's a law or something..." when they're at the house.

Two-Bit's antics when he's in the background of the scenes.

i_love_ponyboys_eyes
Posts 0
i_love_ponyboys_eyes

13 Dec 2005, 21:26 #14

Two-Bit's expression when he sits down to watch Mickey is very funny!!! :D

Lizzy Jo Curtis
Advanced Member
Lizzy Jo Curtis
Advanced Member

09 Jan 2006, 23:21 #15

i_love_ponyboys_eyes @ Dec 13 2005, 03:26 PM wrote: Two-Bit's expression when he sits down to watch Mickey is very funny!!! :D
lol I so agree! It reminds me a bit of a kid transfixed into their favorite show...:P
~*Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you*~

shadowedwolf
Posts 0
shadowedwolf

09 Jan 2006, 23:27 #16

Lizzy Jo Curtis @ Jan 9 2006, 05:21 PM wrote: lol I so agree! It reminds me a bit of a kid transfixed into their favorite show...:P
Even with his constant drinking, gambling, and going out with girls, I still see Two-bit as always possesing this child-like quality that not much could take away. He always seems to be having the time of his life, no matter what.

Despite this, I think that Dally and Johnny's death took a little of that away from everyone. In the book, Two-bit complaining about his blade getting taken away with Dallas' body, and then Steve snapping at him and asking if it was all he cared about. Then Two-bit saying he wished it was all that was upsetting him. That part breaks my heart.

bezoomny
Posts 0
bezoomny

11 Jan 2006, 00:54 #17

The girl with the bright red hair in the bar that smirks and raises her eyebrows at Dally, only to have him walk right by without even aknowledging her.

The way Rob Lowe says "Heeeey Two-Bit, Mickey's on TV." I have no idea why that makes me giggle. Just does.

"I didn't know you had this problem with yelling at my face..."

The way Ralph says "Mustangs... they're tough."

When Pony and Johnny cut off their hair, the dialog there is funny to me. Liiiiiike:

*Johnny hacks off Pony's hair* "Yeah, quit gabbin'..."

*Johnny hands over knife* "Go ahead... Get your jollies."
"My pleasure!"
"Yeah I know it is... be nice."
"It hurts, don't it?"
"Yeah, yeah... I didn't cut that much off of you!"
"It was your bright idea, smarty."

"It's our looks or us..."

Dally's speech about Texas.
"While I was there, they beat it out of me that -get this- you guys were headed for Texas. They think you're in Texas. Texas, God!"

Dally's speech about Cherry.
"That little broad sure does hate me. I offered to take her for a Coke but she told me to go to Hell. You think she might like me a little? I think she's kinda cute." *Pony and Johnny roll their eyes*

Cho
Posts 0
Cho

11 Jan 2006, 01:30 #18

Whatever Matt Dillon says! :P

marsonfire
Supreme Member
marsonfire
Supreme Member

11 Jan 2006, 05:48 #19

bezoomny @ Jan 10 2006, 04:54 PM wrote: The girl with the bright red hair in the bar that smirks and raises her eyebrows at Dally, only to have him walk right by without even aknowledging her.
I LOVE that lol. I always laugh it's like she's looking all "mmm, yummy, gimme" and he has no clue she's even there lol.

[ Johnnycake ]
Posts 0
[ Johnnycake ]

11 Jan 2006, 05:56 #20

Some things I couldn't help but crack up at were:

~ the way Ralph Macchio said, "Mustangs... they're tuff." The way he said "tuff" was just... I can't quite describe it. The emphasis put on it. It's one of the things I say whenever I see a picture of a Mustang, or whenever I come across one in a parking lot or something. ;3

~ Matt Dillon's laugh, and Emilio's laugh too. Unique laughter. I haven't heard anyone laugh the way Two-Bit did, until I saw 'The Outsiders'.

~ At the beginning of the movie, when Tommy Howell came out of the movie theater and did a sort of pose, and said, "This is Ames, mister." I just... I don't know. It cracked me up. =)

I'll think of more later. I'm so tired, and I have school tomorrow...

stephanie_gunsandroses16
Posts 0
stephanie_gunsandroses16

11 Jan 2006, 17:25 #21

well....i liked that " mister! " thing from the new begining..when tom cruise " busted " his head in the beginging

[ Johnnycake ]
Posts 0
[ Johnnycake ]

13 Jan 2006, 05:26 #22

Oh! And when Matt Dillon was talking through his cigarette smoke. He reminded me of a dragon... hmm. Dally the Dragon. Dragon Dal. Gallant Dallas.

Gallant Dallas... it has a ring to it. :P

Dally_Winston111
Posts 0
Dally_Winston111

04 Oct 2006, 18:51 #23

I agree with everyone! I love those scenes. Especially the part when Two-Bit lifts up that girls skirt, I ALWAYS laugh at that. And I tried doing the smoke talk like Dally, and threw up! Haha!

Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member
Jessica Dawn
Supreme Member

04 Oct 2006, 21:16 #24

bezoomny @ Jan 10 2006, 06:54 PM wrote: When Pony and Johnny cut off their hair, the dialog there is funny to me. Liiiiiike:

*Johnny hacks off Pony's hair* "Yeah, quit gabbin'..."

*Johnny hands over knife* "Go ahead... Get your jollies."
"My pleasure!"
"Yeah I know it is... be nice."
"It hurts, don't it?"
"Yeah, yeah... I didn't cut that much off of you!"
"It was your bright idea, smarty."
The "jollies" part gets me. What a weird word..

But I think I love everything you guys above have posted... but then again, I laugh at everything so I don't know if this one counts for me!

"Hey baby.. you wanna see what's hangin'?" LOL That's gotta be one that sticks in my head.
They say one day your life will flash before your eyes.
Make it worth watching.

ponyboys_sunset
Posts 0
ponyboys_sunset

15 Dec 2006, 04:43 #25

i'm adding:

- the clean clothed Socs during the rumble. i think he's wearing a blue top and white pants.

- Steve says he's gonna throw a party and everyone's gonna get ripped. Darry asks him where he will get the dough. Steve replies, "i'll think of something."

- Two-Bit with cake and beer in the morning, yeeeeeuck!