Favorite Quotes

Discuss the book, the author, the writing style, character analizations, and anything else related to this literary classic here.

Favorite Quotes

Steve'sgirl4ever
Posts 0
Steve'sgirl4ever

29 Jun 2006, 19:11 #1

What were some of your favorite quotes from The Outsiders? I'll tell you mine, if you tell me urs :D

_stella
Supreme Member
_stella
Supreme Member

29 Jun 2006, 20:11 #2

"Things are rough all over."
"That was the only time I can think of when I saw him without that defeated, suspicious look in his eyes."
"I had taken the long way around, but I was finally home. To stay."
"You look out for yourself and nothing can hurt you."
"You don't stop living because you lose someone."
RIP Sgt Nick Carnes
All gave some, he gave all.
02/01/82 - 08/26/07

Rounding third and headed for Heaven

Steve'sgirl4ever
Posts 0
Steve'sgirl4ever

29 Jun 2006, 20:28 #3

cool...

"Beer for Breakfast there Two-Bit"
"Things are rough all over"
"You know like a like a big shot even.."
"As I Stepped out into the bright sunlight, from the darkness of the movie house, i had only two things on my mind. Paul Newman and a Ride Home."

Those are SOME of mine. :D

I love the outsiders!
Posts 0
I love the outsiders!

29 Jun 2006, 23:21 #4

Steve'sgirl4ever @ Jun 29 2006, 03:28 PM wrote: cool...

"Beer for Breakfast there Two-Bit"
"Things are rough all over"
"You know like a like a big shot even.."
"As I Stepped out into the bright sunlight, from the darkness of the movie house, i had only two things on my mind. Paul Newman and a Ride Home."

Those are SOME of mine. :D
mines are

1)when i stepped out into the bright sunlight of the movie house i had only two things on my mind: paul newman and a ride home.
2)stay gold ponyboy,stay gold
3)A fair fight aint rough
4)pity the back seat.
Thats all i think. LOL

Total_Geek325
Posts 0
Total_Geek325

30 Jun 2006, 02:56 #5

Oh!! What a difficult decision to pick only a few quotes.... Well, here's a few:

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you had this problem of yelling in my face."
"Gallant- they remind me of Dally."
"Stay gold," of course I couldn't leave that one out!!!
"Southern gentlemen had nothing on Johnny Cade."

Arr, it's too late for my mind to function enough to figure out the others :angry: ... I'll be back.

I love the outsiders!
Posts 0
I love the outsiders!

30 Jun 2006, 02:59 #6

Total_Geek325 @ Jun 29 2006, 09:56 PM wrote: Oh!! What a difficult decision to pick only a few quotes.... Well, here's a few:

"I'm sorry, I didn't know you had this problem of yelling in my face."
"Gallant- they remind me of Dally."
"Stay gold," of course I couldn't leave that one out!!!
"Southern gentlemen had nothing on Johnny Cade."

Arr, it's too late for my mind to function enough to figure out the others :angry: ... I'll be back.
oh yeah i like the first one. i forgot i laughed when he said that. it was funny. he was like i didnt know you had this problem w/ yelling in my face. LOL i like that quote too. :) :D

greaser at heart
Posts 0
greaser at heart

30 Jun 2006, 03:06 #7

"as i stepped out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house i only had two things on my mind paul newman and a ride home" ~ the best

"sure if they get killed or somethin' you can just bury 'em no sweat"

"you dig okay baby"

some of the best quotes <you>ever</you>

Moyboy
Posts 0
Moyboy

30 Jun 2006, 04:02 #8

Mine from the book are:

Chap. 1
1) "When i step out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the moviehouse, i had only two things on my mind: Paul Newman and a ride home."
2) "I dont care, i lied myself, i dont care about him either. Soda's enough, and i'll have him until i go out of school. I dont care about Darry. But i was still lying and i knew it. I lie to myself all the time. But i never believe me."
Chap 2.
1)"Things are rough all over."
Chap. 3
1)"That's why were seperated," I said. "It's not the money, it's feeling-you dont feel anything and we feel too violently."
2)"It aint fair that we have all the rough breaks!"
3)"Then pity the back seat"
Chap. 5
1) "It took me a long time oto get that hai the way i wanted it. And besides, the just ain't us. It's like being in a Halloween costume you can get out of."
2) The "Nothing Gold Can Stay" poem. I write type it up 'cause i think everyone knows it by heart, LOL.
Chap. 6
1)"I had taken the long way around, but i was finally home. To stay"
Chap. 7
1)"You oughtta see Cathy's brother. Now's There's a hood. He so greasy, he glides when he walks. He goes to the barber for an oil change, not a haircut.
Chap. 8
1)"I dont want to die now. It aint long enough. Sixteen years, aint long enough."
2)"Sixteen years on the streets and you learn a lot. But all the wrong things, not the things you want to learn. Sixteen years on the streets and you see a lot. But all the wrong sights, not the sights you want to see."
3)"We gotta get even with the Socs. For Johnny"
4)"Hey," i said suddenly, "Can you see the sunset real good from the West side?" She blinked, startled, then smile. "Real good." "You can see it from the East Side, too," I said. "Thanks, Ponyboy." She smiled through her tears. "You dig okay."
Chap. 9
1) Stay gold, Ponyboy. Stay Gold
Chap. 10
1)"It was only yesterday that Dally told Johnny and me that. But yesterday was years ago. A lifetime ago."
2)"But Johnny was right. He died gallant."
Chap. 12
1) Soda shrugged. "I dont know. It's just... I cant stand to hear y'all fight. Sometimes i have to get out... or it's like im the middleman in a tug o' war and im being split in half. You dig."
2)Johnny's Letter. I wont type it since there's alot.

From the movie...
~"Hey Soda. Here comes the hobos."
~"Beer for breakfast there Two-Bit."
~"I hear they use your face to stamp into gorrilla cookies!" Hahaha
~"Let's do it for Johnny, man. We'll do it for Johnny!"

Phew!! LOL. Yea, my list is realli long.

Karen
Supreme Member
Karen
Supreme Member

01 Jul 2006, 03:58 #9

It would be kinda hard for me to write the whole book here. LOL
Stay Gold, Karen
Karen ~ Moderator ~ the Outsiders Book & Movie Offical Website
Stay Gold Ponyboy, Stay Gold.........

twobitsgirl
Posts 0
twobitsgirl

01 Jul 2006, 04:59 #10

"Mabe they're different"
"Shoot"I said"Mabe they are"
"Things are rough all rough"
"We're all we've got left"
"You don't stop living because you lose someone"
"Can you see the sunset real good from the west side?"
"Real good"
"You can see it good from the east side,too"
"Tonight-I don't like it one bit"
Sixteen years on the streets and yyou can learn a lot.But all the wrong things.Not the things you want to learn.Sixteen years on the streets and you see a lot.But all the wrong sights,not the sights you want to see."
Cherry had said her friends were too cool to feel anything and yet she could remember atching sunsets.Randy was supposed to be too cool to feel anything and yet there was pain in his eyes.
'Then pity the back seat"
"Take your feet off my chair and shut your trap"
"I lie to myself all the time.But i never believe me."
"..They ain't gonna hurt you no more"
Stay gold,Ponyboy,Stay gold"
That's mine :D

Ryker
Posts 0
Ryker

01 Jul 2006, 10:33 #11

"Hate to tell you this buddy, but you have to wear clothes to work. There's a law or something."

Pretty much everything Two-Bit said.

"Southern Gentleman had nothing on Johnny Cade."

"Guess we're different, huh?"
"Shoot, yeah. Maybe they are."
"Maybe you're right."

bovril
Supreme Member
bovril
Supreme Member

01 Jul 2006, 18:39 #12

"Two of my friends died that night. One a hero, the other a hoodlum"

ANd the part were pony is sitting on the back steps waiting for johnny, saying about how his imagination runs away with him.
Hunt the Hunter

Facebook =]

Mrs.SodapopCurtis
Posts 0
Mrs.SodapopCurtis

01 Jul 2006, 22:28 #13

Moyboy @ Jun 29 2006, 10:02 PM wrote: Mine from the book are:

Chap. 1
1) "When i step out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the moviehouse, i had only two things on my mind: Paul Newman and a ride home."
2) "I dont care, i lied myself, i dont care about him either. Soda's enough, and i'll have him until i go out of school. I dont care about Darry. But i was still lying and i knew it. I lie to myself all the time. But i never believe me."
Chap 2.
1)"Things are rough all over."
Chap. 3
1)"That's why were seperated," I said. "It's not the money, it's feeling-you dont feel anything and we feel too violently."
2)"It aint fair that we have all the rough breaks!"
3)"Then pity the back seat"
Chap. 5
1) "It took me a long time oto get that hai the way i wanted it. And besides, the just ain't us. It's like being in a Halloween costume you can get out of."
2) The "Nothing Gold Can Stay" poem. I write type it up 'cause i think everyone knows it by heart, LOL.
Chap. 6
1)"I had taken the long way around, but i was finally home. To stay"
Chap. 7
1)"You oughtta see Cathy's brother. Now's There's a hood. He so greasy, he glides when he walks. He goes to the barber for an oil change, not a haircut.
Chap. 8
1)"I dont want to die now. It aint long enough. Sixteen years, aint long enough."
2)"Sixteen years on the streets and you learn a lot. But all the wrong things, not the things you want to learn. Sixteen years on the streets and you see a lot. But all the wrong sights, not the sights you want to see."
3)"We gotta get even with the Socs. For Johnny"
4)"Hey," i said suddenly, "Can you see the sunset real good from the West side?" She blinked, startled, then smile. "Real good." "You can see it from the East Side, too," I said. "Thanks, Ponyboy." She smiled through her tears. "You dig okay."
Chap. 9
1) Stay gold, Ponyboy. Stay Gold
Chap. 10
1)"It was only yesterday that Dally told Johnny and me that. But yesterday was years ago. A lifetime ago."
2)"But Johnny was right. He died gallant."
Chap. 12
1) Soda shrugged. "I dont know. It's just... I cant stand to hear y'all fight. Sometimes i have to get out... or it's like im the middleman in a tug o' war and im being split in half. You dig."
2)Johnny's Letter. I wont type it since there's alot.

From the movie...
~"Hey Soda. Here comes the hobos."
~"Beer for breakfast there Two-Bit."
~"I hear they use your face to stamp into gorrilla cookies!" Hahaha
~"Let's do it for Johnny, man. We'll do it for Johnny!"

Phew!! LOL. Yea, my list is realli long.
That pretty much covers my faves. I feel sorry for you MoyBoy. You had to type that whole thing out and I just had to quote it. LOL

Moyboy
Posts 0
Moyboy

02 Jul 2006, 05:38 #14

Mrs.SodapopCurtis @ Jul 1 2006, 04:28 PM wrote: That pretty much covers my faves. I feel sorry for you MoyBoy. You had to type that whole thing out and I just had to quote it. LOL
LOL, haha. Its all rite. I had time on my hands when i was posting the qoutes. But it was kinda hard for me 'cause i was holding and looking at my book in my left hand, and typing everything w/ my right, LOL. :D

Mrs.SodapopCurtis
Posts 0
Mrs.SodapopCurtis

02 Jul 2006, 05:48 #15

Moyboy @ Jul 1 2006, 11:38 PM wrote: LOL, haha. Its all rite. I had time on my hands when i was posting the qoutes. But it was kinda hard for me 'cause i was holding and looking at my book in my left hand, and typing everything w/ my right, LOL. :D
LOL I can't type with one hand, so it would take me twice as long! But one of these days, when I'm not feeling so lazy, I'll type out my favorite quotes...... one of these days :D

Moyboy
Posts 0
Moyboy

02 Jul 2006, 05:59 #16

Mrs.SodapopCurtis @ Jul 1 2006, 11:48 PM wrote:LOL I can't type with one hand, so it would take me twice as long! But one of these days, when I'm not feeling so lazy, I'll type out my favorite quotes...... one of these days :D
It did take me a looong time. I think it took me about 15-20 minutes to type out the whole list! I kept making a mistake in almost every word i typed.

Oh, i forgot to type another fav qoute.

"Do i look like a farm boy to you?" It is also shown in my signature, if you havnt noticed, LOL

Steve'sgirl4ever
Posts 0
Steve'sgirl4ever

03 Jul 2006, 14:24 #17

Karen @ Jun 30 2006, 10:58 PM wrote: It would be kinda hard for me to write the whole book here. LOL
Stay Gold, Karen
LOL i agree...i love every word from the book. another one of my favorites is

"Oh my my...your making me shake." I don't really knmow the whole quote...but i like that one :D

Steve'sgirl4ever
Posts 0
Steve'sgirl4ever

03 Jul 2006, 14:25 #18

Ryker @ Jul 1 2006, 05:33 AM wrote: "Hate to tell you this buddy, but you have to wear clothes to work. There's a law or something."

"Maybe you're right."
I also love that first one!!! I love everything that Steve said!!! He's awesome!

I love the outsiders!
Posts 0
I love the outsiders!

04 Jul 2006, 13:23 #19

Steve'sgirl4ever @ Jul 3 2006, 09:25 AM wrote:
Ryker @ Jul 1 2006, 05:33 AM wrote: "Hate to tell you this buddy, but you have to wear clothes to work. There's a law or something."

"Maybe you're right."
I also love that first one!!! I love everything that Steve said!!! He's awesome!
oh yeah when two-bit and ponyboy was at the hospital and johnny's mom came to see him and he said

"no wonder he hates your guts. you go to hell. go straight to hell.

twobitsgirl
Posts 0
twobitsgirl

04 Jul 2006, 14:10 #20

Oh yea,I love that one to and everything that two-bit said.Even if it is pointless jokes. LOL

I love the outsiders!
Posts 0
I love the outsiders!

04 Jul 2006, 19:48 #21

twobitsgirl @ Jul 4 2006, 09:10 AM wrote: Oh yea,I love that one to and everything that two-bit said.Even if it is pointless jokes. LOL
you know what a greaser is? white trash with long greasy hair.

do you know what a soc is? what? white trash with mustangs and madras.

Steve'sgirl4ever
Posts 0
Steve'sgirl4ever

05 Jul 2006, 14:11 #22

yeah, i like that quote also. But i LOVE everything that Steve says

"You saved them kids Ponyboy, they'd had burned to death if it hadn't been for you." I love that quote also.

greaser_hair_is_tuff
Posts 0
greaser_hair_is_tuff

30 Aug 2006, 16:48 #23

my most favorite quote from the book is:

"I always lie to myself. But I never believe me."

greaser at heart
Posts 0
greaser at heart

08 Sep 2006, 19:17 #24

greaser_hair_is_tuff @ Aug 30 2006, 12:48 PM wrote:my most favorite quote from the book is:

LOL that is a good quote i kinda forgot about it .. i really did always like it (:

Angle
Supreme Member
Angle
Supreme Member

08 Sep 2006, 20:00 #25

Thought I posted here. I love everything Two bit says too. it's funny. I love at the begining of the film when Steve says look at nose and Two Bit i think says he couldn't miss it it's big enough. (I'm sure i posted this somewhere already well here it is again)

love that one too it's a good one Greaser hair is tuff
Remeber that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes.
LOOK FOR MADDIE.

UP THE ROSSIES