Did Johnny Capture Your Heart?

New 2005 DVD discussions here!

Did Johnny Capture Your Heart?

boydoilovesunsets
Posts 0
boydoilovesunsets

20 Sep 2005, 01:14 #1

umm i was j/w if anyone feels like in the movie johnny captured their heart..?

MsSodapopCurtis
Posts 0
MsSodapopCurtis

20 Sep 2005, 04:13 #2

heck yes
in the movie and book and everything
the whole point to it
i couldnt stop crying when he died

crazy4cade
Posts 0
crazy4cade

20 Sep 2005, 10:53 #3

yes!! johnny was always my favorite greaser and when i read in the book that he had died i was so sad! and the fact that he had a really rough life and his parents didnt care about him. and of course seeing it in the movie was sad....i cry every time. :'-(

Jenn_K
Supreme Member
Jenn_K
Supreme Member

21 Sep 2005, 00:16 #4

yes, that particular character did; in more ways than just one.

The new DVD, in the bonus scenes, has the scene where his mother is beating him with a broom. Ever since I saw that still I've wondered where that scene fit in...now I know. And it even more sets in stone what Hinton was trying to get across in the book when she wrote of his homelife.

Without going into detail, lets just say I can relate (or at least I could as a youth) to Johnny's plight (not as severe though) so his character pulled at my heartstrings from day one.

In a role play drama the Yahoo club did several years ago, I carried the role of Johnny.
Jenn - Webmaster / Forum Admin.
The Outsiders Official Book and Movie website

i_love_ponyboys_eyes
Posts 0
i_love_ponyboys_eyes

21 Sep 2005, 21:29 #5

YES!!! He definitely captured my heart... :wub:

ponyboys_sunset
Posts 0
ponyboys_sunset

22 Sep 2005, 07:04 #6

definitely, johnny's character got me my first real cry for a film. even just thinking about it now, how horrible his life was and ended up in tragedy even moreso, i cry.

and in the new dvd, i absolutely love how they added Two-Bit crying and telling Johnny's mother off at the hospital. added a very dramatic impact of pity.

his role is so essential to the film and viewer/reader. definitely makes a person look at life in its entirety and realize what's truly important and just how fragile life can be.

overall, Johnny's character makes people develop a sense of care, which they might not have been capable of.

JohnnyLover64<33
Posts 0
JohnnyLover64<33

10 Oct 2005, 22:36 #7

Defeintly, he's my all time favorite outsider. After watching this movie I became a huge fan of ralph macchio's, and started to rent/buy many of his movies.

crazy4cade
Posts 0
crazy4cade

10 Oct 2005, 23:13 #8

JohnnyLover64<33 @ Oct 10 2005, 04:36 PM wrote: Defeintly, he's my all time favorite outsider. After watching this movie I became a huge fan of ralph macchio's, and started to rent/buy many of his movies.
AHHH me too. i love Johnny :wub:

JohnnyLover64<33
Posts 0
JohnnyLover64<33

11 Oct 2005, 19:15 #9

crazy4cade @ Oct 10 2005, 05:13 PM wrote:AHHH me too. i love Johnny&nbsp; :wub:
Yeah he's a very intresting character, plus hes he's extremly cute lol.

boydoilovesunsets
Posts 0
boydoilovesunsets

13 Oct 2005, 21:16 #10

ya lol i love johnny too :wub:

im gonna go watch the movie now lol Movietime

Johnnysgirl4eva
Posts 0
Johnnysgirl4eva

13 Oct 2005, 22:50 #11

Yes I love him :wub: i cried (like a real cry) when he died i mean johnny poor small quiet johnny its like dallas said "is this what you get for helping people" now i know what he means all johnny tried to do was help those kids but then he ended up dying! :( I kinda think it was ponyboys fault he went in the church to begin with I just wish johnny could have lived! I LOVE HIM! :wub: :wub: johnny is without a dout my favorite outsider! After i saw the outsiders I started to get hooked on raulph macchio I love him outsiders is definetly my favoriite movies nut i also like all the movies the cast are in!

MrsJohnnyCake
Posts 0
MrsJohnnyCake

23 Nov 2005, 23:21 #12

ABSOLUTLEY! Johnny is awsome. I still tear up when I think about him dying.

bovril
Supreme Member
bovril
Supreme Member

25 Nov 2005, 19:17 #13

MrsJohnnyCake @ Nov 24 2005, 12:21 AM wrote: ABSOLUTLEY! Johnny is awsome. I still tear up when I think about him dying.
We were talking about johnny the other day in class and i nearly ended up crying. im not god with sadness!
Hunt the Hunter

Facebook =]

Pitythebackseat
Supreme Member
Pitythebackseat
Supreme Member

25 Nov 2005, 19:51 #14

Johnny's a very tragic young character, really similar to Plato from Rebel Without a Cause... poor Plato!
~~Katie~~..."he glides when he walks"....

Katie's Rumble Fish site

marsonfire
Supreme Member
marsonfire
Supreme Member

25 Nov 2005, 23:15 #15

When I first watched the movie back in like 1989, I totally fell for Ralph Macchio because of his portrayal of Johnny. I was all gaga over him lol.

I think my favourite Johnny parts are in the church with Pony, because we see his personality when he's not shy with someone. I love the play between the two characters during the hair cutting.

luvjohnny4ever
Posts 0
luvjohnny4ever

08 Dec 2005, 02:47 #16

yes yes yes yes! He was so good i almost cried!

shadowedwolf
Posts 0
shadowedwolf

08 Dec 2005, 03:10 #17

Yeah. My heart hurt for poor little Johnny. The 'little lost puppy' look about him. Especially the line in the book that says his parents beat him with a 2x4! Ouch. Poor kid... I'd crack under conditions like that. But he stayed sweet.

JamesDeanismygod
Posts 0
JamesDeanismygod

09 Dec 2005, 13:42 #18

Yes, of course Johnny captured my heart! His character always makes me so sad.

Ryker
Posts 0
Ryker

09 Dec 2005, 21:30 #19

shadowedwolf @ Dec 8 2005, 03:10 AM wrote: Yeah. My heart hurt for poor little Johnny. The 'little lost puppy' look about him. Especially the line in the book that says his parents beat him with a 2x4! Ouch. Poor kid... I'd crack under conditions like that. But he stayed sweet.
Thats what I love about Johnny, no matter how much abuse he went through he stayed strong and sweet. He truely was a strong guy. Stronger than Dally or anyone in my opinion.

shadowedwolf
Posts 0
shadowedwolf

09 Dec 2005, 22:12 #20

He truely was a strong guy. Stronger than Dally or anyone in my opinion.
I completely agree with you. As much as I empathize with Dallas, he was broken and cold, and he cracked in the end. It was too much for him to take.

Johnny, on the other hand, stayed true to himself. Dallas died, sadly, predictably. That is, in the streets, shot down by the cops. He died as he lived, desperate, angry, and young. Johnny died a hero, but we cannot completely overlook the heartache of Dally's death.

The only one he ever loved was taken away from him, prematurely. He took his life into his own hands, and in effect, committed suicide because of the loss of the same person all of us fell in love with, little Johnny Cade.

Kelsey17
Posts 0
Kelsey17

14 Dec 2005, 01:38 #21

yes definitely.. because of what he went through and the type of person he was. he listened to everybody & he was a strong person even though his parents didn't care about him and he got beat up a lot. but i have to say Dally was my favorite for totally different reasons.

ilovetheoutsiders
Posts 0
ilovetheoutsiders

20 Dec 2005, 00:29 #22

omg! ive never looked at it like that. in a way, johnnys the strongest. dally got cold and hard and mean. but johnny stayed sweet and soft. so in a way, he was stronger than dallas cause he was able 2 stay gold 4 his short life. him soda and ponyboy have always been my favs! plus johnnys so cute i wuv him! :) i wish his life wasnt so rough though :(

PonyboyFangirl
Posts 0
PonyboyFangirl

21 Dec 2005, 01:42 #23

Yesh!! He SO captured mah heart!! :D He was so sweet and kind. To me, doesn't deserve to be abused by his parents and then die D': I cried so much, like you have no clue!! Sometimes, i just wanna boil and smash his parents and stick them in a stew :D But, meh, back to Johnny, what did he do to die??!! :( It was so freaking sad!! Oh well, I guess Ponyboy still has Two-Bit as a friend X3

ilovetheoutsiders
Posts 0
ilovetheoutsiders

24 Dec 2005, 20:44 #24

johnny was the closest i ever came too crying in a book. :(

shadowedwolf
Posts 0
shadowedwolf

24 Dec 2005, 20:48 #25

johnny was the closest i ever came too crying in a book. sad.gif
It was Dallas, for me.