Robert Hickman
Quadruple Ocarinist
Quadruple Ocarinist

August 21st, 2013, 6:15 pm #11

My food is prittymuch 'cook, dump on plate, eat'. Don't really care what something looks like as long as it tastes good. And I don't have much sence of taste as I'm somewhat anosmc, I have a poor sence of smell.

On photographey, natural light is always a good thing.

Jil, that pie looks awesome.
Last edited by Robert Hickman on August 21st, 2013, 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jill theredhedgehog
Quadruple Ocarinist
Quadruple Ocarinist

August 22nd, 2013, 10:30 pm #12

Mmmm, pork curry sounds freakin' delicious, Jeanne!! Nicely done, too :thumbsup: I'll have to try some!

And thanks, peeps! ^.^

Here's a dish I made for our "blackbox exam" (improvisation) near the end of second semester. It's turkey scallopini with allemande sauce, blanched green beans, and a tomato mix ^.^

~ Российский Единорог

pandorado100
Premium Poster
Premium Poster

August 22nd, 2013, 10:38 pm #13

Your plating of the food is very well done. It really makes the food look irresistible. I hope you plan on keeping up with your culinary skills, Jill, even though you said you planned on majoring in writing.
"The only escape from the miseries of life are music and cats..."
-- Albert Schweitzer

IzzyB
Triple Ocarinist
Triple Ocarinist

August 23rd, 2013, 1:28 am #14

Speaking of plating - Jill, do you choose the dishes based on the food that will be served on them? I recently read a summary of a study that found correlation between the perceived flavor of a food and the dish's color, shape, etc. I don't remember a lot of it, but they said that people tended to perceive bitter tastes more in foods served on square dishes.
Izzy

We begin to solve all life's problems in the garden.
[+] My ocarinas
:ocarina: Pure Ocarinas SG, AD, AG
:ocarina: Rotter-Galliani C3
:inline: Mountain Ocarinas polycarbonate C and G
:ocarina: Bon ceramic AC

Bateleur
Quadruple Ocarinist x 4
Quadruple Ocarinist x 4

August 23rd, 2013, 6:58 am #15

Looks delicious, Jill, but it's only three bites, it looks like. XD
Pandorado wrote: We should be the forum that people go to for support of all ocarinas and encouraging people to become the best players they can with whatever ocarina they have.

Jill theredhedgehog
Quadruple Ocarinist
Quadruple Ocarinist

August 23rd, 2013, 9:41 am #16

@ Jeanne: Aww, thanks, lova! I am definitely still cooking to this day and I keep everything I learned in mind when I do. Culinary taught me a lot (though I know there's still SO much more to learn!) and I think I love and appreciate food more because of it. It was one of the best learning experiences of my life so far ^.^ Also, you're awesome!! :manhug:

@IzzyB: Thanks!! :) And I have never heard of that before myself. The study sounds like it was conducted by really picky eaters IMO :rofl: but to answer your question, no, we did not get to choose the shape or colour of our plates. White, square plates (at least over here) are traditionally used for fine dining or a higher style of service. Also, the square edges and grooves allow for cooks and servers to hold and carry them in a way that won't tarnish or smudge the surface of the dish so there's almkst no need to wipe or clean again. Who wants to see a slimy finger print next to their meal after all? ;) Food safety is imperitive. It's just how it is, and personally I like the square-ness!! XD

I'm interested in this study, though. Got a link? :)

@ Bat: Haha, thanks! And I believe it 'looks' small because it was an appetizer ;) Also (again, at least over here) it is for health and convenience (but mostly health) of the public that we watch our portion sizes and be sure we don't overdo it. Less is sometimes more.

FOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!! <3
Last edited by Jill theredhedgehog on August 23rd, 2013, 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

~ &#1056;&#1086;&#1089;&#1089;&#1080;&#1081;&#1089;&#1082;&#1080;&#1081; &#1045;&#1076;&#1080;&#1085;&#1086;&#1088;&#1086;&#1075;

IzzyB
Triple Ocarinist
Triple Ocarinist

August 23rd, 2013, 10:29 am #17

Izzy

We begin to solve all life's problems in the garden.
[+] My ocarinas
:ocarina: Pure Ocarinas SG, AD, AG
:ocarina: Rotter-Galliani C3
:inline: Mountain Ocarinas polycarbonate C and G
:ocarina: Bon ceramic AC

pandorado100
Premium Poster
Premium Poster

August 23rd, 2013, 7:16 pm #18

My mother and her friend Fumi booked a stay at a Japanese inn specializing in kaiseki cuisine during our vacation in Japan. If you like tiny portions served on elegantly beautiful doll sized plates, then I recommend it.

I, however, being a raised in America gaijin style person felt constantly hungry during our stay at that inn. I wanted to ask for a Super Size portion. Maybe that's why Japanese are not as fat as most Americans. lol

Kaiseki_cuisine.jpg
Last edited by pandorado100 on August 23rd, 2013, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The only escape from the miseries of life are music and cats..."
-- Albert Schweitzer

Grimat
Triple Ocarinist
Triple Ocarinist

August 24th, 2013, 12:40 am #19

Mmmmm these look yummy. The presentation on some look amazing =]
[+] Thanks to:
Thank you ever so much Juan/Akira for the Noble Plastic Ocarina, you are awesome =D.
Thank you Juggler for the TNG Plastic triple in which you were kind enough to give me =D
[+] Ocarinas I own
[+] Multichambers
STL Zelda Double
TNG Plastic Triple
[+] Transverse
Bon SG (12 hole)
Cheap AC (12 hole)
Noble Plastic AC (12 hole)
Rotter AC (12 hole)
TNG DIY AC (12 hole)
Hamlett AG (11 hole)
Noble BC (12 hole)
Zin Plastic BC (11 hole)
[+] Pendants
Focalink Seedpod AG (6 hole)
Focalink Seedpod AC (6 hole)
Focalink Tai-Chi SG (6 hole)
Songbird OoT AC (6 hole)
STL Rupee SC (6 hole)
TNG Ladybug (6 hole)
TNG Teacarina (4 hole)
[+] Inlines
Mountain Ocarina Polycarbonate AC (9 hole)
Mountain Ocarina Polycarbonate SG (10 hole)
[+] Ocarinas I used to own
New Vista SC (6 hole) - Gifted to TheYusumi in Secret Santa
STL Potion AC (6 hole) - Gifted to friend
STL Zelda Double - Met unfortunate fate with kitchen floor
TNG Plastic AC (12 Hole) - Gifted to Hylian_Sheildmaiden
[+] Add Me on:
3DS: 2535-3603-0215
Nintendo Network: Grimat
PSN: GrimatGaming
Steam: GrimatGaming

Be sure to let me know you're from TON if you add me on anything (Or PM here on TON)
Representative of the Midlands Ocarina Group (UK)

Firmament
Double Ocarinist x 3
Double Ocarinist x 3

September 8th, 2013, 11:36 pm #20

Just finished eating this,
Its chicken cordon bleu (that i handmade and also added spinach to) and garlic shells!

[+] Ocarinas in Collection
Focalink SG
Focalink DAC
Songbird Dragon Tooth in C
Songbird Scarab in C
Rotter 4 Loch Pendant in C
[+] Other Instruments in Collection
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone es-339 Pro
Otto Ernst Fischer Violin 1995
Thomann cheapy Violin for traveling
Roland Drumset