Krešimir Cindrić
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5

September 28th, 2010, 11:14 am #31

Not bad, Goudy. Not bad at all :D In fact, you're getting very good at making multichamber ocarina. :thumbsup:

The next thing you may want to consider is compactifying the right part of the ocarina, where higher chambers are, so that the chambers are more narrow and finger holes of different chambers closer together (not finger holes of the same chamber, they are spaced nicely). This would allow much easier and faster chamber transitions. Of course, this is just nitpicking, but you're ready for it ;)
Last edited by Krešimir Cindrić on September 28th, 2010, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Goudy Stout
Double Ocarinist x 2
Double Ocarinist x 2

September 28th, 2010, 11:30 am #32

Thanks :) Since i have the sound pretty much covered, i really need to start working on the aesthetics and ergonomics of triple ocarinas. This probably will be my last triple for this year, but ill attempt a double sometime soon :)

After i read your post, i got the ocarina up to play a scale. The second chamber went completely airy and out of tune. The ocarina has started to crack a lot (first time burnishing :O ) and i think a crack appeared inside one of the chamber walls. Ill be taking this ocarina apart and fixing it tomorrow, i really hope this ocarina doesnt go to waste :(
I cracked it in half to sort out the problem (yes i took pics :3 ). Before i even took the halves apart i knew the problem. Some of the slip had dried before i put the halves together, and some areas were 'slip-less'. I cleaned up the insides (smooth = nicer tone) and am going to spray them a couple of times so tomorrow morning i can join the halves together without worrying about them being too dry (thanks to specks for the advice that im going to use :) ). Ive actually never felt this good about cracking an ocarina in half. It opened like one of those plastic toys that open, the emotion cant be explained in words :) . Next time i know to put more slip on (This is actually an issue as it has happened before, around 3 times!)

Anyways, less talk, more action.
Last edited by Goudy Stout on September 28th, 2010, 11:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Triple Ocarinist
Triple Ocarinist

September 28th, 2010, 2:09 pm #33

It looks really good! Better than I could have! I'm learning how to make one. I just don't know how to make the second chamber in the right key. But I can tune a 12 hole just fine. If you have any tips, let me know! :D
Hi, I'm Tevin :D

My YouTube Channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/x511100x

My DeviantArt Page
http://xxtevinxx.deviantart.com

David F.
Triple Ocarinist x 5
Triple Ocarinist x 5

September 28th, 2010, 5:43 pm #34

Goudy Stout wrote:
[+] Spoiler
After i sand it down, it will look much better, i took this RIGHT after i finished making it, so its still kinda deformed XP It looks so ameteurish and deformed, ill get better view pictures tomorrow...
Just leaving this here :ninja:

BTW, this is the one i made today :B

(It took around 5 hours)
thats some great work Adam! u never disappoint! :thumbsup:

Goudy Stout
Double Ocarinist x 2
Double Ocarinist x 2

September 28th, 2010, 9:47 pm #35

Lol thanks guys. This ocarina is so not photogenic! It looks better in real life, so ill take some more angle pictures of it (once i join the halves together again :giggle: ). To rejoin leather hard or greenware pieces, i believe you have to make them moist so that the slip doesnt get its moisture sucked out too fast and then cracks. Anyways, because ive moistened this ocarina up a little, i just pushed the first chamber into shape XP just to make it look a little better!

Also, it overblows up to high A :jumpy:
wrote:It looks really good! Better than I could have! I'm learning how to make one. I just don't know how to make the second chamber in the right key. But I can tune a 12 hole just fine. If you have any tips, let me know!
Im going to upload a picture of the halves i took, that should show you about the right size to get the second chamber to (compared to first). One thing while making a second chamber you have to remember is that the first note it should produce (before you put holes into it) should be a B or A. See that hole at the end of the second chamber? Thats a tuning hole, that makes me able to change the pitch of the first note (and timbre, of course this comes later :) ) so that it can go from a D to E and still sound in tune.

Thanks guys!

Edit: Ok! All fixed :) Chamber 1 and 3 are clean, but chamber 2 get's a little airy up top, so ill be focusing on fixing this from now on. Thanks guys again :D
Last edited by Goudy Stout on September 28th, 2010, 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dullahan
Triple Ocarinist x 2
Triple Ocarinist x 2

September 29th, 2010, 12:52 am #36

Wow!! Incredible work Adam!! As always!! But I need sound samples on ALL of your multi-chambered Ocs!!! :D
[+] My Ocarinas
Pacchioni TriplaV C3 in Canadian White Clay
Gosselink C3 10-Hole (Thanks Jade! <3)
Menaglio Sol4 10-Hole
Rotter Fa1 11-Hole(Thanks Jade! <3)
Focalink Plastic Alto C
Polycarbonate MO C&G
Langley Miniocarina in D
Martin Safr 5-Hole Pendant in Eb
My Blog: Bleak as a Bluebird on Fire

Goudy Stout
Double Ocarinist x 2
Double Ocarinist x 2

September 29th, 2010, 1:20 am #37

Dullahan wrote:Wow!! Incredible work Adam!! As always!! But I need sound samples on ALL of your multi-chambered Ocs!!! :D
I can get them on my latest two (double AG and this triple AC) but my previous double and triple are currently being fired at the ceramic shop, so i dont think ill be able to take sound-samples 'till i get them back!

Triple Ocarinist
Triple Ocarinist

September 30th, 2010, 3:38 pm #38

Goudy Stout wrote:Im going to upload a picture of the halves i took, that should show you about the right size to get the second chamber to (compared to first). One thing while making a second chamber you have to remember is that the first note it should produce (before you put holes into it) should be a B or A. See that hole at the end of the second chamber? Thats a tuning hole, that makes me able to change the pitch of the first note (and timbre, of course this comes later :) ) so that it can go from a D to E and still sound in tune.
OK, Thanks! That actually helps a lot because I wouldn't know where to start!
Question: Do you sell or are you going to sell? That would be cool to have a real double or triple ocarina! C:

My YouTube Channel

My DeviantArt Page

Goudy Stout
Double Ocarinist x 2
Double Ocarinist x 2

September 30th, 2010, 10:10 pm #39

511100 wrote:Question: Do you sell or are you going to sell? That would be cool to have a real double or triple ocarina! C:
Im not selling yet :( But yes, i am planning to sell sometime in the future! I'm currently just trying to get to the level that i can successfully make any ocarina I want, because right now i am not there :(

The picture of the halves is the last one in my triple topic. I think many people skip the topic due to the abnormally large post :D I do post long when i have a lotto talk about :shame:

Triple Ocarinist
Triple Ocarinist

October 12th, 2010, 10:24 pm #40

I got my ocarinas fired finally! Here is a soprano ocarina (don't know what key it's in, but the notes aren't flat or or sharp.) The tip of it broke and I fixed it, but I fixed it at school and there was red clay mixed in D:< . My SOITW (Smallest Ocarina In The World), and my Mini 5 Hole Sweet Potato Ocarina.
*UPDATE* My Bass homemade one sounds electric! I will post sound samples later. I made it like last year. Why isn't this pinned anymore?
Pendant_Sweeet_Potato.jpg
Smallest_Oc_in_the_world.jpg
Soprano_12_H_Back.jpg
Soprano_12_H.jpg
Last edited by 511100 on October 19th, 2010, 10:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.

My YouTube Channel

My DeviantArt Page