Vocaloid

DavidRamos
Triple Ocarinist x 3
Triple Ocarinist x 3

July 19th, 2011, 6:24 pm #1

So, ever since seeing Hatsune Miku live, I've had kind've an itch for vocaloid music and can't stop listening to it, lol. What are some of your favorites?
New music videos every Saturday! Youtube.com/Docjazz4

Achint
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5

July 19th, 2011, 7:24 pm #2

I have to say, after hearing your Toeto cover I've been listening to so much off vocaloid stuff on YouTube.

I started at Hatsune Miku and my favourite was Hirari, Hirari.
And I absolutely love Dark Woods Circus and Toeto, they've got such awesome melodies.
BATCHINT! <3
[+] My Ocarinas
:ocarina: Jade Everett AC
:ocarina: Oberon Ocarinas AC
:ocarina: Hind Tenor F
:double: Tytoalba DAG

GermanRSanchez
Transverse Ocarinist x 2
Transverse Ocarinist x 2

July 19th, 2011, 8:02 pm #3

i was Anime club president at my College, I have a dislike for Vocaloids because of people pushing them onto me like some kind of drug :P

but I enjoy them on my own :P
Check out my site, Nerd Talk Radio

Elven Spellmaker
Site Admin

July 19th, 2011, 8:37 pm #4

Last edited by Elven Spellmaker on July 19th, 2011, 8:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I support Piano Roll notation. If you would like to learn more, please do not hesitate to contact me. :)

You have JS disabled

RJ924
Triple Ocarinist x 5
Triple Ocarinist x 5

July 19th, 2011, 9:53 pm #5

What is a vocaloid? I guess I don't have a favorite since I have no idea even what it is. ;)
Roger
I just watched that first video, 'Circle You...'. If that is vocaloid stuff, it's not for me. That is just morbid and sick. I don't think I will try the other videos in the list.
Last edited by RJ924 on July 20th, 2011, 1:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
[+] Interesting thoughts
Why would anyone who already has a smoke alarm need a kitchen timer?
Get yer affairs in order, boys, 'cuz we're all gonna die!
How can you tell when a politician is lying? - A.-When their lips are moving.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
An amateur practices until they can get it right, a professional practices until they can't get it wrong
?Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.? &#8213; Plato
"Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities."- Aldous Huxley

Sherb
Quadruple Ocarinist x 3
Quadruple Ocarinist x 3

July 19th, 2011, 10:23 pm #6

I am so freaking jealous that you saw her live ;-;
I hope she decides to come to the UK one day. I'd be the first to buy a ticket.

Aanyway, while Jack suggested some VERY good ones, but I feel he also left out some essentials

<Miku fanboy mode>
Miku - Melt
Miku - Miku Miku ni ****e ageru
Miku - Kocchi Muite baby
Len - Butterfly on your right shoulder
Luka - Toeto

That + Jack post, pretty much covers all of my favourite vocaloid songs.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, I have uploaded 2 ocarina vocaloid songs.
I am also planning to make a Miku Miku ni ****e ageru video. I just can't be bothered to record lately.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpRqq7qKqEchttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mhdDQ-Px3c

DavidRamos
Triple Ocarinist x 3
Triple Ocarinist x 3

July 19th, 2011, 10:42 pm #7

@Roger - That was not a good way to introduce you to Vocaloid :( Vocaloid is a music software that simulates singing, created by Yamaha and there are many songs that were written specifically for Vocaloid. Some of it can be dark (and morbid) like many genres out there, but some of it is also light hearted and fun. Check these out for the lighter/happy side...the side I prefer, lol:

Ievan Polkka
Toeto
Amazingly Cute song about reading Kanji xD (Anyone know the title?)
New music videos every Saturday! Youtube.com/Docjazz4

Music Forever
Double Ocarinist x 4
Double Ocarinist x 4

July 19th, 2011, 10:46 pm #8

I've actually only just recently learned what vocaloid was, after seeing some people talking about a Miku concert on tinychat. I didn't know who Miku was so I decided to check it out. I like it so far! But I don't know enough songs to pick favourites yet.

Out of the ones I've heard though, ones that stick out so far are Melt (Miku), World is Mine (Miku), Innocence (Miku), Promise (Miku & Rin), and Cantarella (Rin & Len)
Don't try to be the same. Don't try to be different. Just be.

~Music helps one relive the good memories from the past, and create more good memories for the future~
[+] My Ocarinas
:pendant: Focalink Spearhead
:pendant: Baby Dragon Tooth (SG)
:ocarina: Focalink AC-B
:ocarina: Pacchioni C1
:ocarina: Pacchioni G4
:ocarina: Little Wing (SF)
:double: Focalink DAC
:OoT: Songbird 7-Hole OoT

Ocarinadiva
Premium Poster
Premium Poster

July 20th, 2011, 12:07 am #9

Wow, I didn't even know what Vocaloid was until I read this thread. Virtual popstars with synthetic vocals... pretty amazing stuff!

Shop ? Newsletter ? Youtube ? Facebook ? Twitter

STL Contractor: I make ocarina product overviews and design ocarinas.

[/color]
[/color][/color]

RJ924
Triple Ocarinist x 5
Triple Ocarinist x 5

July 20th, 2011, 12:21 am #10

Thanks for clearing that up David. I watched your first two videos. I guess the language is Japanese? It is pretty cool, but I'd rather listen to you, Cris, Ubi, and a whole bunch of other stuff. I wonder if they are going to do this in the English language also? Pretty neat, really.
Roger
[+] Interesting thoughts
Why would anyone who already has a smoke alarm need a kitchen timer?
Get yer affairs in order, boys, 'cuz we're all gonna die!
How can you tell when a politician is lying? - A.-When their lips are moving.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
An amateur practices until they can get it right, a professional practices until they can't get it wrong
?Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.? &#8213; Plato
"Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities."- Aldous Huxley