Forum rules
TON Updates and more! Administrators will inform you about important changes or updates regarding the board system, Guidelines or anything related to TON.

TON Rule Update!

Deleted User
Deleted User

May 22nd, 2008, 5:55 pm #1

Hello fellow members of TON!

Our Guidelines and Rules have been updated.

Reading them is compulsory!

If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to reply to this topic or send a PM to one of the administrators or moderators!

Administrators are:
  • DeMaulwurfn
  • kissing
  • mightyicecream
  • Sone
  • stevtomato
Moderators are:
  • Moonsyne
  • Myung
  • OcarinaNL
  • Rintintin
  • Shadowyi
Thanks,

~TON Staff~
Last edited by Deleted User on July 18th, 2008, 7:15 pm, edited 6 times in total.

shadowyi
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5

May 24th, 2008, 1:58 am #2

May I ask if disabling our response to the welcome thread is an effort to prevent spamming and gaining those coveted pips?

Designed by Jacob. TONian!

Small sheet music update! Find them at Shadow's sheets!
Shadow's Pokemon-esque music story is being revised! (no new updates yet) Click here!

Mikael
Triple Ocarinist x 2
Triple Ocarinist x 2

May 24th, 2008, 2:30 am #3

shadowyi wrote: May I ask if disabling our response to the welcome thread is an effort to prevent spamming and gaining those coveted pips?
We felt that the introduction thread was becoming a place where you could post silly posts for easy post count. It was talked over by the mod/admin squad and we decided to only allow introductions there.

We have been discussing the problem of spam alot over the last days and so are making some changes to prevent the forum turning into a heap of silly threads.

Of course we want to have a forum with a relaxed attitude but we felt it was getting a bit out of hand. After all, a forum is better when it is organized.
Last edited by Mikael on May 24th, 2008, 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pyromanaic21
Double Ocarinist
Double Ocarinist

May 24th, 2008, 2:35 am #4

well thanks for updating the rules to keep order in the forum...I just hope that all will abide by the new rules because they are sweet. Thanks DM and the rest of :TON: staff.....

....... :ph43r:
Last edited by Pyromanaic21 on May 24th, 2008, 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

shadowyi
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5

May 24th, 2008, 3:57 am #5

Thought so, thanks for clarifying it up. :)

Designed by Jacob. TONian!

Small sheet music update! Find them at Shadow's sheets!
Shadow's Pokemon-esque music story is being revised! (no new updates yet) Click here!

leArAnonA
Transverse Ocarinist x 4
Transverse Ocarinist x 4
leArAnonA
Transverse Ocarinist x 4
Transverse Ocarinist x 4

May 26th, 2008, 8:16 am #6

Bummer I was looking forward to the day, when I was a senior player and felt confident enough to welcome the newer members to the forum. oh well

Turbo852
Quadruple Ocarinist x 2
Quadruple Ocarinist x 2

May 26th, 2008, 8:19 am #7

I actually think posting in off-topic should count, but not in the welcoming section. The welcoming section was an easy way to boost post count from just welcoming every new member. However, off-topic has very valid posts in it. It's not just spam like games.

Also, I'm more likely to post there than any other place so I want to keep getting posts for that section.

Mikael
Triple Ocarinist x 2
Triple Ocarinist x 2

May 26th, 2008, 8:22 am #8

Turbo852 wrote: I actually think posting in off-topic should count, but not in the welcoming section. The welcoming section was an easy way to boost post count from just welcoming every new member. However, off-topic has very valid posts in it. It's not just spam like games.

Also, I'm more likely to post there than any other place so I want to keep getting posts for that section.
I'm afraid that it's not possible to disable post count in the welcome section. All new members must post in the introduction thread to get 1 post count before they can see the rest of the forum. Without getting that 1 post count they won't get access to the rest. This is done to prevent spambots.

I'm not really sure why post count was disabled in off-topic, I guess it's because the threads there were starting to get a bit spam-like while it was still called chatter. I'll bring it up with the other mods and admins and see if it's reasonable to get the post count back on in off-topic.

Deleted User
Deleted User

May 26th, 2008, 5:49 pm #9

This update changed the rules in the Welcome section to '1 post for new members only', so that issue has been solved.

stevtomato
Quadruple Ocarinist
Quadruple Ocarinist

May 27th, 2008, 5:39 am #10

Oh, so now posting in off topic doesn't count towards the total post?

That is just being so anal and whoever made that decision FAILS.

Not that I come to this forum just to post there, but I have lost interest in coming to this forum for a community thing. I don't know. I don't like it at all.

What's wrong with getting post count through off topic forum?

I think our forum is getting too uptight and, I repeat again, anal.

---

EDIT:

I have enabled the posting in Off-Topic to count into the cumulative post count of members again. However, that doesn't mean that people are free to spam in there.

Whoever SPAMS in the Off-Topic forum will be severely reprimanded..

I do think our forum needs to be more relaxed. But, again, this does not mean that everyone can spam at anywhere. So, don't spam!
Last edited by stevtomato on May 27th, 2008, 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
stevtomato
Composer, Arranger,
Pianist, ex-Ocarinist.

All music emerges from silence, to which it must sooner or later return.

List of Sheetmusic

Go to my YouTube site and click the orange subscribe button and thou shall enlighten my day! =D