However, to kick it up a notch, I've decided to support "non-standard" and multi-chambered (with harmony) ocarinas as well.
The currently implemented fingering systems for tabs are:
- 4 Hole Pendant
- 5 Hole Pendant
- 6 Hole Pendant
- STL Max Range Pendant
- STL Max Range Double Pendant
- 10 Hole Transverse
- 12 Hole Japanese Transverse
- 12 Hole Taiwanese Transverse
- 6 Hole Pendant w/sub hole
- STL Compact Double
- Double & Triple Taiwanese Transverse
- Double & Triple Japanese Transverse
- 11 Hole Pacchioni, Double, Triple, & Quadruple Transverse
- STL Max Range Double & Triple Bass
- Songbird Dragon Tooth, Muse, & OoT (cosmetic mods to the standard 10 Hole and 12 Hole Japanese tabs :-) )
- 7-hole OoT
- Hind's entire non-standard inventory
- Mountain Ocarina's entire inventory
With the harmony support it's also a bit fun, as the current tab generator can be told to favor one chamber over another in certain contexts, and in the future will also be able to calculate optimal (i.e. the easiest) alternate fingerings when necessary.
I also hope to have some sort of practice system put together with Popcorn.js or some similar library to teach tabs as well as sheet music.
It's an ambitious undertaking, and I'm only working on it a little at a time so... stay tuned.