OcSteve
Transverse Ocarinist x 2
Transverse Ocarinist x 2

January 2nd, 2013, 11:03 pm #31

Forgot to mention: The STL Max Range Triple Bass is up and available on the ABC to tabs generator as well:

http://ocarina.rogueleaf.com/test_range ... TripleBass
--Steve
My Fingering Charts & ABC to Tabs Generator - Do you have an ocarina not listed there? Give me a fingering chart and I'll include it.

pandorado100
Premium Poster
Premium Poster

January 2nd, 2013, 11:37 pm #32

Hey thanks for putting up a fingering chart for the STL Max Range Double Pendant. They sent me the wrong chart when they shipped my order. I have the one for the regular Max Range pendant not the double. Every time I want to play the MRDP, I have to log onto the STL site and browse for the right chart to refresh my memory because I don't really like to play it that much so I forget the fingerings for the second chamber.

Now I can just link to your chart. It's so convenient. :)
"The only escape from the miseries of life are music and cats..."
-- Albert Schweitzer

OcSteve
Transverse Ocarinist x 2
Transverse Ocarinist x 2

January 3rd, 2013, 2:34 am #33

No problem. I'm glad that others make use of it! :D As you can probably see from my avatar, I have an inexplicable fondness for my MRDP.

You can also use the tabs generator with it, too, which can tab out harmonies (just use []s like in standard ABC notation for chords); however, in the future, I'm going to have the program calculate out using the thumb holes to optimize harmonies so that it keeps your index and middle fingers as closely paired as possible between both chambers.

The current tabs setup also currently favors the higher chamber (i.e. it'll prefer the upper chamber's low C rather than the lower chamber's high C) as the MRDP I have gets a little breathy on high C D and E on the low chamber.

I wonder if sending the wrong chart happens often with STL. I ordered a bunch of their blue plastic 7-hole soprano C pendants, and only one of them came with a chart: A Rupee Pendant chart... that had a typo on one of the fingerings! :)
--Steve
My Fingering Charts & ABC to Tabs Generator - Do you have an ocarina not listed there? Give me a fingering chart and I'll include it.

Bryce
Quadruple Ocarinist
Quadruple Ocarinist

January 3rd, 2013, 2:50 am #34

That isn't a typo, it's the correct fingering.
OX
OO <-Doesn't work:pitch is too high
--
OO
OX <-Is correct... but weird
Is your 'Plentiful Player of Pendants' a spoof on my old 'Hater of Pendants'?
Last edited by Bryce on January 3rd, 2013, 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

pandorado100
Premium Poster
Premium Poster

January 3rd, 2013, 2:43 pm #35

OcSteve wrote:No problem. I'm glad that others make use of it! :D As you can probably see from my avatar, I have an inexplicable fondness for my MRDP.

You can also use the tabs generator with it, too, which can tab out harmonies (just use []s like in standard ABC notation for chords); however, in the future, I'm going to have the program calculate out using the thumb holes to optimize harmonies so that it keeps your index and middle fingers as closely paired as possible between both chambers.

The current tabs setup also currently favors the higher chamber (i.e. it'll prefer the upper chamber's low C rather than the lower chamber's high C) as the MRDP I have gets a little breathy on high C D and E on the low chamber.

I wonder if sending the wrong chart happens often with STL. I ordered a bunch of their blue plastic 7-hole soprano C pendants, and only one of them came with a chart: A Rupee Pendant chart... that had a typo on one of the fingerings! :)
The extreme airiness of the high D and E on the first chamber of the MRDP is one of the reasons I don't like it as much as my regular Compact Double pendant. I can compensate for that by playing the low D and E fingering on the second chamber but it annoys me to not have the flexibility to play those notes on both chambers.
"The only escape from the miseries of life are music and cats..."
-- Albert Schweitzer

OcSteve
Transverse Ocarinist x 2
Transverse Ocarinist x 2

January 3rd, 2013, 3:20 pm #36

TheZ wrote:That isn't a typo, it's the correct fingering.
OX
OO <-Doesn't work:pitch is too high
--
OO
OX <-Is correct... but weird
Is your 'Plentiful Player of Pendants' a spoof on my old 'Hater of Pendants'?
That's quite odd. I wonder how one plays A#/Bb with that system.

In either case, it was incorrect for the plastic ocarinas I ordered (all of which used standard English fingering).

Hehe and nah I wasn't making fun of your epithet. In truth, I didn't even see it until after I had chosen mine.
Last edited by OcSteve on January 3rd, 2013, 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
--Steve

Endalion
Triple Ocarinist x 3
Triple Ocarinist x 3

January 3rd, 2013, 5:45 pm #37

Could you make the converter preserve note length information when converting ABC to tabs? Example graphics for pendant tabs with note length info included is attached.

PendantTabs.png
[+] Ocarinas owned
Focalink Seedpod C5/Bass C
Focalink Seedpod G4/Tenor G
Ocarinamusic KO B3-TT / Alto Bb
Ocarinamusic Blue Sweet Potato C3 / Alto C
Ocarinamusic Fairy C3 / Alto C
Magictune plastic C3 / Alto C
Ocarinamusic KO G2-TT Long / Soprano G

Bryce
Quadruple Ocarinist
Quadruple Ocarinist

January 3rd, 2013, 5:55 pm #38

I think that'd be extremely useful!

Wollemi Pine
Premium Poster
Premium Poster

January 3rd, 2013, 7:21 pm #39

Endalion wrote:Could you make the converter preserve note length information when converting ABC to tabs? Example graphics for pendant tabs with note length info included is attached.
That would be so close to being sheet music....
[+] Some Ocarinas I Own

Multi-Chamber Ocarinas
Pacchioni Tripla-P C5 (Bass)
Triple Huaca
Bon Solist Triple
Dinda Double AC
Dinda Triple AC
Maparam Triple

Transverse Ocarinas (Sweet Potato)
:aria: Aria, Tenor C
Aria, Alto G
:muse: Songbird Muse (Eb & F)
Songbird Dragon Tooth, 13-hole (D)
Zin: Soprano C, Tenor C (Bass)
Hamlett, Alto C
Epicai Crab Claw (E)

Spoony AC
CJ AC
Dreambirth Abstract Bass
Robert Hickman AC

Inline Ocarinas
Hind Tenor F
Mountain Aluminum G

Pendant Ocarinas
Whistleworks Killer Whale
STL Mouse

Vintage Ocarinas
:oldoc: Fiehn: C1, B2, E4.5, D5 (1877 stamp), C6, A7.5, G9, C13, G17
:budrio: Chiesa
:budrio: Canella
:oldoc: Teschner
:oldoc: Old Glory: C, G
:oldoc: Gretsch: C, G
:oldoc: EWA: F
:oldoc: Guido Bondi (GB)
:oldoc: Hopf
:oldoc: Reform
:oldoc: Missnia
:oldoc: "Original"
:oldoc: Mathieu (metal)
:oldoc: Waterbury

Broken Ocarinas
:brokenoc: None!
[+] Wish List

:budrio: Vintage Ocarinas (PM me if you have any for sale)
Maparam Ocarinas (PM me if you have one for sale)
fm12692's Bass
Hind Double Sweet Potato
Ocflute
Woodsound
Spencer Double
Pacchioni Classic & Quadrupla-P
Focalink AC Triple Forte
Gosselink
Menaglio Do 7
Purple Clay Triple
Osawa Forte Triple
ABC Notation Primer Guide - Learn how to easily create sheet music and ocarina tabs

OcSteve
Transverse Ocarinist x 2
Transverse Ocarinist x 2

January 4th, 2013, 3:54 am #40

Endalion wrote:Could you make the converter preserve note length information when converting ABC to tabs? Example graphics for pendant tabs with note length info included is attached.
I was just tinkering with something like that earlier today but I haven't made it live yet. Once it's up (and not horridly buggy) I'll update here. :-)

I'm also actively working on supporting lyrics.
--Steve