Moderator: Bateleur

The-Zesty-1
Double Ocarinist x 2
Double Ocarinist x 2

March 8th, 2016, 9:12 pm #21

tismit wrote:Its my aesthetic, I draw what I would want, seek out opinions of co-workers and ocarina fans, and get them approved. But there will definitely still be pop culture and un-themed as well.
This is so cool that a designer from STL is on here talking to us! I have a question for you Ms. Finn. You said you, after drawing, seek opinions of co-workers as well as ocarina fans before the ocarinas get approved for manufacture. Do you think at some point when you're designing more ocarinas you could post some designs/sketches/ideas here? I'd love to see ocarina designs that are in the works, and I think just about everyone else on here would think so too. You did say you look to ocarina fans for opinions, and there's a whole forum full of 'em right here! :)
"You guys see a problem, I see potential." - Steve Martin, My Blue Heaven 1990

:pendant: :double: All My Ocarina Info! :double: :pendant:

[+] My Ocarinas at the Moment
Single Chambers- Transverse/Pendants
:inline: Hind Soprano D Pendant/Inline, Received from Windsong
:pendant: Hind Junior Ocarina, Received from Windsong

Multichambers
:double: Takashi Double Alto C, Entirely Smoke Fired

Harmony Ocarinas
:double: ForestFolkCreations Harmony Double
[+] Ocarinas I Plan to Get Soon
None at the Moment, taking a break
[+] Ocarinas I Simply Want
Gosselink Triple Harmony Do Sol Do (Bass C, Alto G Drone, and Alto C Played in Unison)
:ocarina: Gosselink Tenor Do (Bass C)
:double: More Takashi Ocarinas!! Double Alto Bb, Double Alto Db

tismit
Pendant Ocarinist
Pendant Ocarinist

March 8th, 2016, 9:19 pm #22

The-Zesty-1 wrote:
tismit wrote:Its my aesthetic, I draw what I would want, seek out opinions of co-workers and ocarina fans, and get them approved. But there will definitely still be pop culture and un-themed as well.
This is so cool that a designer from STL is on here talking to us! I have a question for you Ms. Finn. You said you, after drawing, seek opinions of co-workers as well as ocarina fans before the ocarinas get approved for manufacture. Do you think at some point when you're designing more ocarinas you could post some designs/sketches/ideas here? I'd love to see ocarina designs that are in the works, and I think just about everyone else on here would think so too. You did say you look to ocarina fans for opinions, and there's a whole forum full of 'em right here! :)
Of course! I already post all my sketches of my released, or soon to be released designs on my facebook page for sure (welcome to friend me, if you like), but I might be able to do a few up on the forums here too. The reason I haven't in the past is that its a lot easier/faster for me to respond to comments via facebook, and I would hate to keep you hanging. And, if you come out to a convention and see me there, I almost always have my sketch book on me, you know just in case. People tell me little things they wish we had all the time, that's actually how the TARDIS and the Dragon Dagger came to be! :)

The-Zesty-1
Double Ocarinist x 2
Double Ocarinist x 2

March 8th, 2016, 9:21 pm #23

I wish you guys sold a Pokeflute ocarina. *cough* idea for you *cough*

*crosses fingers and prays it will happen*
"You guys see a problem, I see potential." - Steve Martin, My Blue Heaven 1990

:pendant: :double: All My Ocarina Info! :double: :pendant:

[+] My Ocarinas at the Moment
Single Chambers- Transverse/Pendants
:inline: Hind Soprano D Pendant/Inline, Received from Windsong
:pendant: Hind Junior Ocarina, Received from Windsong

Multichambers
:double: Takashi Double Alto C, Entirely Smoke Fired

Harmony Ocarinas
:double: ForestFolkCreations Harmony Double
[+] Ocarinas I Plan to Get Soon
None at the Moment, taking a break
[+] Ocarinas I Simply Want
Gosselink Triple Harmony Do Sol Do (Bass C, Alto G Drone, and Alto C Played in Unison)
:ocarina: Gosselink Tenor Do (Bass C)
:double: More Takashi Ocarinas!! Double Alto Bb, Double Alto Db

tismit
Pendant Ocarinist
Pendant Ocarinist

March 8th, 2016, 9:28 pm #24

The-Zesty-1 wrote:I wish you guys sold a Pokeflute ocarina. *cough* idea for you *cough*

*crosses fingers and prays it will happen*
*discreetly writes in idea list...*

Vendace
Double Ocarinist
Double Ocarinist

March 8th, 2016, 9:28 pm #25

tismit wrote:
The-Zesty-1 wrote:
Of course! I already post all my sketches of my released, or soon to be released designs on my facebook page for sure (welcome to friend me, if you like), but I might be able to do a few up on the forums here too. The reason I haven't in the past is that its a lot easier/faster for me to respond to comments via facebook, and I would hate to keep you hanging. And, if you come out to a convention and see me there, I almost always have my sketch book on me, you know just in case. People tell me little things they wish we had all the time, that's actually how the TARDIS and the Dragon Dagger came to be! :)
thats pretty awesome!

a pokeflute inline would be pretty cool, Zesty.

you know if the elements thing is gonna continue you could have a double chamber philosophers stone style. or maybe one of the tunable kind.

tismit
Pendant Ocarinist
Pendant Ocarinist

March 8th, 2016, 9:46 pm #26

Vendace wrote:thats pretty awesome!

a pokeflute inline would be pretty cool, Zesty.

you know if the elements thing is gonna continue you could have a double chamber philosophers stone style. or maybe one of the tunable kind.
The Elements are for sure continuing, but they are basically set as of now, I'm just approving the final prototypes before official release for the most part. I'm trying to keep the element of surprise *wink wink* alive by not releasing too many details about the entire series just yet, but dropping hints and clues I think is pretty fun too
Last edited by tismit on March 8th, 2016, 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vendace
Double Ocarinist
Double Ocarinist

March 8th, 2016, 9:59 pm #27

Awesome :) and great to have you with us Sarah! It'll be fun to see what the next designs look (and sound!) like.

Mark Chan
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5

March 8th, 2016, 10:36 pm #28

tismit wrote:Sure thing, my name is Sarah Finn, I joined STL Ocarina about a year ago as the Creative Designer, though I am originally an art teacher from Chicago. I myself have been playing the ocarina since I was 10 (almost 20 years, geez... lol) and this job just so perfectly joined together all my loves of art, music and pop culture (video games, anime etc.) I've also been a member of TON for quite some time, but was really too shy to post as a young teen. If there's anything else you'd like to know about me, please ask, I just don't want to shove my life story onto you.
I knew the name sounded familiar. We met last year at Otakon. I was Dennis's buddy who was hanging out at the booth pretty much the entire first day, lol.

tismit
Pendant Ocarinist
Pendant Ocarinist

March 8th, 2016, 10:39 pm #29

Mark Chan wrote:I knew the name sounded familiar. We met last year at Otakon. I was Dennis's buddy who was hanging out at the booth pretty much the entire first day, lol.
Yup! Of course I remember, my sister called you magic for playing Les Mis lol. Hope I'll be seeing you around again soon!

Mark Chan
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5

March 8th, 2016, 10:45 pm #30

Oh yeah, I did play that, haha. Hope to see you again too! :)