Moderator: Bateleur

Stein Ocarina (Focalink)

Mikael
Triple Ocarinist x 2
Triple Ocarinist x 2

April 24th, 2008, 10:45 am #1

Discuss the beautiful Focalink ocarinas in this thread.

Link to their website:
http://www.focalink.com.tw/index.php

Pyromanaic21
Double Ocarinist
Double Ocarinist

April 27th, 2008, 3:21 am #2

I would like one of their triples they look really neat...

....... :ph43r:

ImmortalOffspring
Double Ocarinist x 2
Double Ocarinist x 2

April 27th, 2008, 11:20 am #3

The Focalink Double C (Or, their Duet C) is a really nice and versatile Ocarina. Though I feel that the high C and D notes (but especially the C) is just a tad airy, the Ocarina is better to play stronger and louder than the Maparam one.

The looks of the Ocarina is stunning though. Also, as the sub-hole for playing for example E flat is positioned at the left hand, it's slightly easier to play these notes.

I'm thinking I'll make a review while comparing the Focalink (how do you pronounce that anyway?) AC to the Maparam AC. :)
The name's Andreas, but don't tell anyone.
New nickname: The Ocarina-playing Wolf.

My blog. Read for random stuff. Oh, and be prepared for long ramblings about my dog.
New Entry: Hopefully back then.

witemp
Inline Ocarinist x 2
Inline Ocarinist x 2
witemp
Inline Ocarinist x 2
Inline Ocarinist x 2

April 27th, 2008, 1:12 pm #4

I really love focalink. I've now got 2 of them, and i'm planning to buy more... I especially love the :pendant: ocarina's (4 hole) becuase they make me very happy :). The sound is very good, Even on the high note it doesn't get airy. They require normal breathing. In my video i play on my 2 focalinks, as well on my Fabio menaglio. I think the focalinks sound way better.
Owns:
:ocarina: 4x Focalink
:ocarina: 2x Fabio Menaglio

tuneofwind
Transverse Ocarinist x 5
Transverse Ocarinist x 5
tuneofwind
Transverse Ocarinist x 5
Transverse Ocarinist x 5

April 27th, 2008, 4:59 pm #5

witemp wrote: I really love focalink. I've now got 2 of them, and i'm planning to buy more... I especially love the :pendant: ocarina's (4 hole) becuase they make me very happy :). The sound is very good, Even on the high note it doesn't get airy. They require normal breathing. In my video i play on my 2 focalinks, as well on my Fabio menaglio. I think the focalinks sound way better.
Is that ocarina Left handed ocarinas in you video? I couldn't find it on the site. I'm also left handed. And the funny part I have the exact camera. Good mic but bad quality. It is a skype Blue logitech webcam right?

witemp
Inline Ocarinist x 2
Inline Ocarinist x 2
witemp
Inline Ocarinist x 2
Inline Ocarinist x 2

April 28th, 2008, 9:39 am #6

I dont have left handed :ocarina: 's... I'm right-handed... Only my webcam mirrors the pictures when i take them, and i'm to lazy to put them back... ;)
Owns:
:ocarina: 4x Focalink
:ocarina: 2x Fabio Menaglio

teidon
Double Ocarinist x 2
Double Ocarinist x 2

April 29th, 2008, 2:59 pm #7

A while ago I remembered that when I browsed the chinese language site of Focalink some few months ago there were some other products than ocarinas for sale. Well, I had a look at it again and there's a CD and a book for sale. So I send email asking if it were possible to order them (the english site doesn't list them) etc. Here's what Zack Shih said:
Zack Shih wrote:" Sandglass In The Windy Valley " album CD,

We invite the Taiwanese multi-chambered ocarina player,
  Mr. Hsu Hao Lun, to play for us. And at the same time,
  we also publish a book to have all the notes and some practices
  for switching chambers inside.

The following is the brief introduction of the CD :

Creativity paints the colors of our life. This unique multi-tube ocarina
  album produced with elaboration by Mr.Cao Deng-Chang & the rising
  producer Zhang Xi-An and sentimental performance played by
  Mr.Xu Hao-Lun, opens new chapters in combination of classical and popular music.

Listen with your hearts, as you will enter a musical world filled with wonder and brilliance.

Price of the album CD is USD 12.00/pc and the book is USD 4.00/ pc.
And as I said to him that I would post this information here and asked if he'd like to add anything to it, this is what he said. Not really that important info but some background knowledge / tidbits.
Zack Shih wrote:We have asked some famous producers here to rearrange classics for
      this CD and undoubtedly it costs us much.

Besides, we have also asked the taiwanese multi-chambered ocarina
      player, Hsu Hao-Lun, to record this CD for us. You could see some
      videos from him on Youtube.

In Taiwan, our products representatives are Liu Yung-Tai who is very
      high-ranked wooden recorder player here and Hsu Hao-Lun who is
      professionally dedicated to multi-chambered ocarinas performances here.

In China, our products representative are Shi Feng who also posted
      much videos in Youtube.
The CD is the same that kissing received as a gift some time ago (this) and the book has the notes for the songs found from that CD. The book is obviously in chinese so the lessons for the multi-chambered ocarinas won't be much help for most of you, but I think with such low price some of you might be interested of getting the book for the notes. At least for the time being you have to email Focalink/Zack Shih if you want to buy the CD and/or the book from them.

Youtube links: Hao Lun Hsu & Shi Feng

Also Focalink has those nice looking "straw fired" single ocarinas that comes in a set of 4 and 7 ocarinas. It is possible to order them separately if you want to, just send them email.

---
I ordered the Double Sop-G, straw fired Sop-G (85USD) and the "Arrowhead" (as someone called it) 6-hole pendant. I also wanted to order the CD and the book but Zack Shih decided to give them to me as a gift instead. How nice of him. :D

Myung
Triple Ocarinist x 2
Triple Ocarinist x 2

April 29th, 2008, 3:50 pm #8

That's awesome, I'll be sure to ask Zack about the CD and book when I make my order at Focalink. That should be when I get my vacation money next month. I'm looking forward to ordering the 4 holes, they are so awesome XD Mhh my wishlist right now is double sop G, mini ocarina in G(yes the arrowhead lol), maybe the set of 4 pendant 6 holes, and the banana, turtle, dolphin, killerwhale........uh yeah man I want alot of Focalinks :wub:

Deleted User
Deleted User

April 29th, 2008, 3:57 pm #9

OHMAHGAHWD! T__T

I want a Focarina (lol) SO badly...

I think I'm gonna get either a double Alto C or a double Sop G.

I can't decide... >__>

Deleted User
Deleted User

April 29th, 2008, 7:06 pm #10

I covet thier long neck pendants.