pandorado100
Premium Poster
Premium Poster

February 23rd, 2015, 12:20 am #141

Nice job on your sound recordings, Pat and Mark. I enjoyed listening to them. :)
"The only escape from the miseries of life are music and cats..."
-- Albert Schweitzer

Pat Anderson
Triple Ocarinist x 2
Triple Ocarinist x 2

February 23rd, 2015, 4:11 am #142

pandorado100 wrote:Nice job on your sound recordings, Pat and Mark. I enjoyed listening to them. :)
Thanks, Jeanne...sometimes I think I must be invisible! I just do the best I can and keep on keepin' on!

Mark Chan
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5

February 23rd, 2015, 4:45 am #143

pandorado100 wrote:Nice job on your sound recordings, Pat and Mark. I enjoyed listening to them. :)
Thank you! :)
Pat Anderson wrote:sometimes I think I must be invisible! I just do the best I can and keep on keepin' on!
Pat, we should make a new song. :D

Pat Anderson
Triple Ocarinist x 2
Triple Ocarinist x 2

February 23rd, 2015, 2:31 pm #144

Mark Chan wrote:Pat, we should make a new song. :D
Mark, yes we should! The hard part is, what song? I have my guitar, NbN, NAF and baritone uke here. Do you have something in mind?

Mark Chan
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5

February 23rd, 2015, 2:44 pm #145

Come up with several G minor progressions and let's see what happens. :)

Pat Anderson
Triple Ocarinist x 2
Triple Ocarinist x 2

February 23rd, 2015, 3:26 pm #146

Mark Chan wrote:Come up with several G minor progressions and let's see what happens. :)
OK, I'll try to give that a shot tomorrow! Headed to Surprise to visit friends today.

pandorado100
Premium Poster
Premium Poster

February 23rd, 2015, 9:50 pm #147

Pat Anderson wrote:
Thanks, Jeanne...sometimes I think I must be invisible! I just do the best I can and keep on keepin' on!
I think the problem is not your performances, Pat. It's your material. Most of the ocarina demographic around here tends to track young. They are not going to be interested in hearing a 40 year old song by Anne Murray no matter how expertly you play it. If you want to reach them, you've got to update your music. Maybe if you added Katy Perry or Bruno Mars to your repertoire? It's too much to think of you playing something from Full Metal Alchemist. :grin:

There are some young TONians who have an appreciation for older music. Jillian for instance is a huge Beatles fan. Maybe you could try playing something by them. I always love playing Yesterday on my ocarina.

I think it would be great for you and Mark to do another collab. I loved your last one on guitar and NAF.
-- Albert Schweitzer

Pat Anderson
Triple Ocarinist x 2
Triple Ocarinist x 2

February 24th, 2015, 4:53 am #148

I looked at this earlier and passed on a response! The problem is, video games leave me cold. I absolutely care nothing about Zelda or Final Fantasy or any other game or game music. I care nothing about LOTR music. I care nothing about anime. I like what I like, which is, as you say, 40 year old pop and also Irish and Scottish traditional music, and a lot more. To me, Si Beag Si Mhor is about the most perfect melody every written. So that is what I play, so be it, I guess. I do like the Beatles though, so maybe there is some hope there...

pandorado100
Premium Poster
Premium Poster

February 24th, 2015, 10:12 pm #149

Of course you have to play what pleases you, Pat. That is most important. It's your insistance on getting a response from the other people here that is a bit unrealistic. If you want comments from the peanut gallery, then you need to give them something they'll actually want to listen to. Otherwise, you will continue to be the "Invisible Man".

I think I suggested before you try giving concerts at your local area nursing homes. Seniors are a wonderful audience to play for. They are very appreciative of anybody taking the time to entertain them and they really enjoy hearing the music they grew up with. You might even find they like Si Beag Si Mhor. :D

I'm just giving you my two cents. I mostly play for my own enjoyment so you won't catch me uploading videos. Maybe you need to do the same. Play what you like and like what you play. FWIW, I enjoy music from a variety of sources. I am just as happy to hear One Winged Angel from FFVII as I am Die Moldau by Smetana. :)
-- Albert Schweitzer

Mark Chan
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5

February 24th, 2015, 10:24 pm #150

Most of my YouTube reach is in Japan, lol. I played a lot of Japanese pop music and wrote all my descriptions and titles in Japanese, so it makes sense. When I play it publicly over here in the US, nobody cares though. I've started to play more video game and Disney music to appeal to the demographic here; and it really does make a difference.

In the end, I play what I like at home. :)