Moderator: Bateleur

Sedi
Pendant Ocarinist x 2
Pendant Ocarinist x 2

July 19th, 2017, 10:39 am #281

Can't wait to get my hands on one of those :). And I sure hope it's gonna be a huge success.

Harp Player
Triple Ocarinist
Triple Ocarinist

July 19th, 2017, 7:03 pm #282

A few days ago Karl promised to post some sound samples of the CODA by Saturday (July 22 2017). I am very excited to get to hear the instrument being played.

Bateleur
Quadruple Ocarinist x 4
Quadruple Ocarinist x 4

July 20th, 2017, 5:32 am #283

This is incredibly exciting news. I haven't checked in on developments for this ocarina since it was called the pro-range, so it was a fun info-bomb. Thanks, Harp Player! I'll gladly support MO in their launch of this new instrument. This is probably the most sophisticated instrument design that the ocarina family has ever seen.
Pandorado wrote: We should be the forum that people go to for support of all ocarinas and encouraging people to become the best players they can with whatever ocarina they have.

Harp Player
Triple Ocarinist
Triple Ocarinist

July 20th, 2017, 7:29 am #284

I have been checking on the MO site almost every day. Most days it only takes a few seconds, but every now and then something new will be there.

Kitten Forest
Double Ocarinist x 2
Double Ocarinist x 2

July 20th, 2017, 8:22 pm #285

I can't wait to see the finished product! I've heard so many good things planned for it.
[+] My Ocarinas
:triple: ICO Triple BC
:ocarina: Songbird SoL
:focalinkblue: Focalink plastic AC and SC
:ocarina: Songbird Allegro AC
:pendant: Songbird Seedpod AC
:ocarina: Focalink Strawfire AG
:inline: Hind Harmony Double Tenor F
:OoT: Dreambirth Bass A
:ocarina: Rotter Z Fans (AC and SC)
:OoT: Songbird OoT Kokiri Edition AC
:pendant: Songbird Pokeball AD
:oldoc: Gretsch SG

yordan
Inline Ocarinist x 4
Inline Ocarinist x 4
yordan
Inline Ocarinist x 4
Inline Ocarinist x 4

July 20th, 2017, 8:38 pm #286

Does this means, that Coda will replace entirely the single chambered MO's? The old warm-stone models were eye catchers...

Harp Player
Triple Ocarinist
Triple Ocarinist

July 21st, 2017, 5:34 am #287

I don't know the answer to that. I just know that he suspended production of the older models while working on the final stages of the CODA. I know a lot of people would like to be able to purchase the old C and G.

Harp Player
Triple Ocarinist
Triple Ocarinist

July 23rd, 2017, 5:52 pm #288

Here is the latest update from Karl about the CODA. Well it is actually some sound samples instead of information about the instrument. The recordings sound pretty good to me, but Karl in not real happy with the quality so he promises to post more later.

wrote:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... UMxSlE1RkU

Okay, it 10 past Midnight on Saturday night, so I better slap up some sound samples. I'm not that technically savvy, so hopefully this link to google drive will work for you guys, at least temporarily. Frankly, I'm not real happy with these mediocre recordings, but I forced myself to post them because of my promise. I'll replace them with more and better recordings after I get some audio things figured out. Not having recorded in a long time, I had to set up a recording area in our bedroom, which I'm still tweaking. I think there may be some repeats, but I'm done with it for tonight!

Bateleur
Quadruple Ocarinist x 4
Quadruple Ocarinist x 4

July 23rd, 2017, 8:45 pm #289

There's definitely a chamber divide, the first chamber being a lot more textured. The sterile acoustics in the recording don't help I'm sure, though chamber divide is something that any double will have. The volume seems well balanced between the chambers based on the recordings though.
Last edited by Bateleur on July 23rd, 2017, 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pandorado wrote: We should be the forum that people go to for support of all ocarinas and encouraging people to become the best players they can with whatever ocarina they have.

Harp Player
Triple Ocarinist
Triple Ocarinist

July 23rd, 2017, 9:18 pm #290

Texture is one of the side effects of the shape of inline Ocarinas. I think that the lower chamber wraps around the higher chamber so that would make it have more texture than the upper. I know that some people like texture more than others. I personally think that texture adds depth and power to the sound, but I know that is subjective and not everyone thinks that way.