Moderator: Bateleur

Pat Anderson
Triple Ocarinist x 2
Triple Ocarinist x 2

December 12th, 2012, 1:11 am #191

Nephiel wrote:The Pro Range is the upcoming model of Mountain Ocarina. It hasn't been released yet, most of the information about it is just speculation. It has a greater range than the current models, so supposedly it is a multiple chamber.
As far as anybody knows, it is supposed to be a single chambered inline ocarina with a two octave range. I don't know if that is possible or if so how, or if that is correct. That is the scuttlebutt. Karl Ahrens has a video on their business challenges to get the ProRange into production, but I have seen a June 2012 web posting that he is working on getting the ProRange into production.

Nephiel
Transverse Ocarinist x 4
Transverse Ocarinist x 4

December 12th, 2012, 1:20 am #192

My bets are on it being a double, with one chamber inside the other and split fingerholes so both chambers have the same fingering. Inline, of course. But as I said it's just speculation.
[+] Thingies I use to turn blown air into muzak.
[+] Traded/Sold/Given
Mountain Ocarinas C (Polycarbonate)
ICO (Bull/Song Wei) Purple Clay Triple Alto G (Bronze glaze)
:double: Focalink/Stein Ensemble Double Alto C (Strawfired)
Paparolo Asubio (Small)
Mountain Ocarinas G (Polycarbonate)
Mountain Ocarinas G (Warmstone)
:focalinkred: TNG Plastic 12 Hole Tenor C (Red)
:focalinkorange: Focalink Plastic Alto C (Orange)
:nobleblack: TNG Alto C (Black)
:oldoc: Ocarinamusic (Rotter) 10 Hole G2 (Terracotta, split pinky)
:oldoc: Ocarinamusic (Rotter) 12 Hole C3 (Brown terracotta) (signed by Carlos N??ez)
:OoT: Ocarinamusic (Rotter) 12 Hole C3 Zelda Edition (Zfan) (Dark blue glaze, split pinky)
:OoT: Ocarinamusic (Rotter) 12 Hole C3 Zelda Edition (Zfan) (Black glaze, split pinky)
:aria: STL Aria Tenor C (Black)
:bomb: Ocarduina
:whistle: Lips

SuperBobKing
Quadruple Ocarinist
Quadruple Ocarinist

December 12th, 2012, 3:30 am #193

I had definitely heard one chamber inside of the other with the holes right next to each other. If they release a poly I will probably get one. The only reason I don't have an MO is the range. I would rather just play a pendant if there is no added range.
The signature you have requested does not exist.
Error Code: 31003:2481069

Fred
Quadruple Ocarinist x 3
Quadruple Ocarinist x 3

December 12th, 2012, 3:34 am #194

very cool a mountain with more range def interested :}
-Fred

Cambell
Triple Ocarinist x 5
Triple Ocarinist x 5

December 12th, 2012, 4:25 am #195

I would be very interested in these too. I've asked around but info is pretty scarce... :/

melodican
Triple Ocarinist x 2
Triple Ocarinist x 2

December 12th, 2012, 4:33 am #196

Yeah, Mountain Ocarinas is certainly a great company, but they're not an industrial giant that can churn out a new magical ocarina design every month. Knowing what they can do, though, it's bound to be great no matter what. :D
Best viewed with Firefox and a healthy sense of humour.
[+] Ocarinas I own or have owned
Colombo Triple
Focalink AC and SG
Focalink Double AC (custom artwork)
Focalink Plastic AC and SC
Focalink Sopranino Pendant in F
Hamlett Alto G
Menaglio Do 1, Sol 2, Do 3, Sol 4
Mountain Polycarbonate, G & C
Pacchioni DoppiaV in C
Songbird Raku Dragon Tooth
Spencer Virtuoso DAC
STL MaxRange Double
Tenrai Extended-Range Pendant (in A)
A rather poorly tuned cicada ocarina. No idea who made it, but it was my first.

And now I've started making them as well. :)

RJ924
Triple Ocarinist x 5
Triple Ocarinist x 5

December 12th, 2012, 4:39 am #197

I will get a new pro-line ocarina when it comes out, and am looking forward to the email telling that they are ready for sale. I hope he has a large initial run, because I think they will sell quickly.
Roger
[+] Interesting thoughts
Why would anyone who already has a smoke alarm need a kitchen timer?
Get yer affairs in order, boys, 'cuz we're all gonna die!
How can you tell when a politician is lying? - A.-When their lips are moving.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
An amateur practices until they can get it right, a professional practices until they can't get it wrong
?Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.? ― Plato
"Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities."- Aldous Huxley

ubizmo
Triple Ocarinist x 4
Triple Ocarinist x 4

December 15th, 2012, 10:59 pm #198

I don't think there will be a large initial run, because these ocarinas will not be made the same way as the current models--at least not for a while. The tooling costs are prohibitive. They will have to be made individually, with no mass-made parts. It's a challenge.

Some of my videos are now used promotionally by Mountain Ocarinas.

Fred
Quadruple Ocarinist x 3
Quadruple Ocarinist x 3

December 29th, 2012, 9:50 pm #199

Any pictured available of the pro range? :)
-Fred

ByTheRisingOfTheMoon
Inline Ocarinist x 3
Inline Ocarinist x 3

May 8th, 2013, 4:51 pm #200

Fred wrote:Any pictured available of the pro range? :)
There is a video in which several "prototypes" are briefly displayed. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zugeb22WfnU

I had a phone conversation with Karl about 4 Months ago, to inquire about the aluminum C, which he informed may or may not come back into production. He then went on to explain that he is the one who oversees that Aluminum MOs production, and that he has halted that line for the foreseeable future, to work on the release of the prototypes.
I'll purchase that Key of F the day it's released; I can hardly restrain from throwing my life's savings at Karl to speed the process.
Last edited by ByTheRisingOfTheMoon on May 8th, 2013, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I had a bottle of Burgundy wine,
My love, she did not know,
So I poisoned that dear little girl,
On the banks below..."
[size=100][size=100][size=100][size=100][size=100][size=100][size=100][size=100][size=50][size=50][size=50]Ocarinas I Own[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
[+] Spoiler
  • Mountain Ocarina Warmstone Key of C
  • Mountain Ocarina Dymondwood/Cocobolo Key of G
  • Songbird Ocarinas Eagle Bone Flute 3-Hole
  • Hind Ocarinas Tenor Touble (With a most beautiful case!)