Moderator: Bateleur

hirohiigo
Double Ocarinist x 2
Double Ocarinist x 2

December 1st, 2009, 2:17 pm #11

wrote:As my Polycarbonate G is falling apart now (glue is just disappearing in some places), I might upgrade it to a wooden model.
Doesn't Mountain Ocarinas have a lifetime warranty on ocarinas? I remember their site saying that if your ocarina ever breaks they'll replace it for free.
[+] My ocarinas
6-hole Blue Alto C (maker unknown)
STL 12-Hole Special Edition Zelda "Tenor"
Ocarevolution Rupee Soprano
TNG Plastic 12-hole Soprano C
TNG Plastic Triple
Ocarevolution Max Range Double
Focalink 6-hole Long Mouth Alto C
Hind Wooden Ocarina Kit
Mountain Ocarinas Polycarbonate G
Peruvian
Gretsch Plastic Alto C
Gretsch Plastic Soprano C
Focalink Plastic Alto C

DavidRamos
Triple Ocarinist x 3
Triple Ocarinist x 3

December 1st, 2009, 7:14 pm #12

hirohiigo wrote:
wrote:As my Polycarbonate G is falling apart now (glue is just disappearing in some places), I might upgrade it to a wooden model.
Doesn't Mountain Ocarinas have a lifetime warranty on ocarinas? I remember their site saying that if your ocarina ever breaks they'll replace it for free.
They sure do!
mountainsocarina.com/info.htm wrote:4) A Lifetime Guarantee:
We want you to feel free to take your ocarina along with you. Therefore, if one of your MOUNTAIN OCARINAS® ever becomes inoperable due to accidental damage, we will replace it free of charge with an ocarina of similar value.
I love those aluminum ocs! I think the brass/gold gives the impression that it's of a more professional caliber.

And @hirohiigo - I totally just noticed this, but why on earth is :link: playing a pan-flute instead of an :ocarina: in your sig?!?! :shakefist:
New music videos every Saturday! Youtube.com/Docjazz4

sirhalos
Double Ocarinist x 5
Double Ocarinist x 5

December 1st, 2009, 8:07 pm #13

Zelda plays a Pan Flute in Spirit Tracks which comes out in a few days.

ForestsRequiem
Triple Ocarinist x 3
Triple Ocarinist x 3

December 1st, 2009, 9:31 pm #14

I really want to try one of their more expensive Ocarinas!

I love my Poly G, and I need to splurge and start buying the things I want(including a MountainC)!

Last uploaded Yeonriji

hirohiigo
Double Ocarinist x 2
Double Ocarinist x 2

December 1st, 2009, 10:08 pm #15

DavidRamos wrote:
hirohiigo wrote: Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
They sure do!
mountainsocarina.com/info.htm wrote:4) A Lifetime Guarantee:
We want you to feel free to take your ocarina along with you. Therefore, if one of your MOUNTAIN OCARINAS® ever becomes inoperable due to accidental damage, we will replace it free of charge with an ocarina of similar value.
I love those aluminum ocs! I think the brass/gold gives the impression that it's of a more professional caliber.

And @hirohiigo - I totally just noticed this, but why on earth is :link: playing a pan-flute instead of an :ocarina: in your sig?!?! :shakefist:
That's one of the main reasons I want to get a Mountain Oc. They sound nice, but that great of service is a good way of attracting me.

And, Link is playing a pan flute because that's what he plays in Spirit Tracks. :) And because I adore the picture.
[+] My ocarinas
6-hole Blue Alto C (maker unknown)
STL 12-Hole Special Edition Zelda "Tenor"
Ocarevolution Rupee Soprano
TNG Plastic 12-hole Soprano C
TNG Plastic Triple
Ocarevolution Max Range Double
Focalink 6-hole Long Mouth Alto C
Hind Wooden Ocarina Kit
Mountain Ocarinas Polycarbonate G
Peruvian
Gretsch Plastic Alto C
Gretsch Plastic Soprano C
Focalink Plastic Alto C

DavidRamos
Triple Ocarinist x 3
Triple Ocarinist x 3

December 1st, 2009, 10:28 pm #16

sirhalos wrote:Zelda plays a Pan Flute in Spirit Tracks which comes out in a few days.
Seriously? They just ditched the Oc?! Please observe my emotional reaction...

:/
-_-
:omg:
:mad:
:rain:
:cry:

Weisty
Double Ocarinist
Double Ocarinist

December 1st, 2009, 10:52 pm #17

Zelda thats not cool. Anyways what is the difference in sound quality from the polycarbon to the more exspence ones? I really want the soprano and alto combo.
[+] My Ocs
#11 Dragon Tooth
Focalink Double AC
Focalink SG
STL Florentine
SB 5-hole Zelda Replica
[+] Spoiler
No one loves Christmas more than me !!!

ubizmo
Triple Ocarinist x 4
Triple Ocarinist x 4

December 2nd, 2009, 12:08 am #18

Weisty wrote:Zelda thats not cool. Anyways what is the difference in sound quality from the polycarbon to the more exspence ones? I really want the soprano and alto combo.
I haven't played an aluminum MO yet. I have polycarbonate and warmstone MOs in G, and a hardwood in C. I used to have a poly C as well, but gave it away to someone in need.

The bottom line is: The difference in sound between the materials is very, very subtle. I like to think that I can hear some difference, but the fact is that I've sometimes listened to my own recorded sound and been unable to remember which one I was playing, and I couldn't tell by listening. Expecting a significant difference in sound is really not a good reason to upgrade from a poly. The non-poly MOs are much more visually attractive than the polys, and different in other ways that can affect playability, such as weight and mouthpiece shape. Also, the aluminum MO, like the poly, has recessed thumb holes. Current hardwood and warmstone models don't. Some won't care about these details; others will.

@David -- I also had the idea that the brass/gold looks more professional, but for some reason the electric blue just caught my eye.

Ubizmo

Some of my videos are now used promotionally by Mountain Ocarinas.

DavidRamos
Triple Ocarinist x 3
Triple Ocarinist x 3

December 2nd, 2009, 1:40 am #19

ubizmo wrote:@David -- I also had the idea that the brass/gold looks more professional, but for some reason the electric blue just caught my eye.
And the red one caught mine, but I think I'm getting the gold anyway, lol.

During my last 3 years on Youtube, I've had one goal in mind: to prove to the western world that the ocarina is more than a toy or collector's item from a video game, but fully functional, beautiful, and serious musical instrument. As cool as I think the red one looks, I just think it would benefit my efforts if I went with the brass look. But who knows...one day, I might get the urge to collect all 3 :D

Cabasho
Beginner
Beginner

December 21st, 2009, 8:59 pm #20

i also like the red one, but i own both of the poly ocarinas =P (black color also caught my eye)

i like the sound of both, but preffer the poly C

i also think it is a little bit difficult to get used to it, i used to have a clay ocarina (till it broke -_-') and kind of took me like 2 weeks to get used to the fingering of the MO's

bout the sound... i cant say much from my expirience since i'm NOT a great performer but from the videos i've seen in youtube, the diference in sound between poly, aluminium, and the others is almost non
Last edited by Cabasho on December 21st, 2009, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.