Moderator: Bateleur

Krešimir Cindrić
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5

December 19th, 2010, 2:36 pm #61

Yes, Mr. Gosselink is an amazing ocarina maker and a very kind, intelligent and friendly person. I am so happy I got the chance to meet him at the Ocarina Festival this year.

He lives in Saint-Cyr-le-Chatoux. Is this far from where you live, Ocarinette? Maybe you could visit him?

I also need to buy more ocarinas from him, as I plan to give away my only Gosselink ocarina for Christmas. But I am probably going to meet him again at the Festival next year. :D

Ocarinette wrote:I'd love to hear one of his big lower ocarinas.
I prefer his high pitched ocarinas. They are so wonderfully crisp, like birds chirping, listen: :D

His lower pitched ocarinas are rather quiet. I have a video of Mr. Gosselink playing one of his very low pitch ocarinas, if you're interested, I will upload it to YouTube. It's not the greatest quality, though...
Last edited by Krešimir Cindrić on December 19th, 2010, 2:50 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Ocarinette
Double Ocarinist
Double Ocarinist

December 19th, 2010, 3:50 pm #62

Thank you so much for the info Kres! I'll go for one of his higher pitched ones then! They do sound absolutely wonderful! So sweet and cheerful. Maybe I could get a birdy :) there's an 8 hole one right now on e-bay, though I won't get that one, i'll wait a bit since I just got my DAG. But then the tranverses... they look awesome too! ^^

We don't quite live in the same region but I can always plan a visit at some point. I would love to meet him!
Thanks again!
STEP ASIDE IM A TON/TC LADY
Those who would sacrifice tone for range deserve neither! ^^
[+] My current ocs
Focalink 12 hole AC
Focalink DAG
Rotter piccolo Lang C1 13 hole
Songbird Muse in Eb
Rotter alto C 12 hole
Rotter alto Bb 10 hole
Rotter soprano Bb 10 hole

Wish list: More Rotter ocarinas, Gosselink ocarinas!
Check out the TON 'Japan Solidarity Collab'

reikokuna
Triple Ocarinist
Triple Ocarinist

December 19th, 2010, 4:35 pm #63

Krešimir Cindrić wrote:I also need to buy more ocarinas from him, as I plan to give away my only Gosselink ocarina for Christmas. But I am probably going to meet him again at the Festival next year. :D
This comment might be a little off topic, but I would just like to say...

Kres, whoever will be receiving your first and (currently) only Gosselink ocarina for Christmas, will be one LUCKY and happy person! X3

And yes! When you get the chance to meet him at the Festival this upcoming year, make sure to get yourself MORE to...um..."compensate" :evillaugh:

...for the pain, suffering, yet kind and lovingly noble sacrifice of you giving away your first Gosselink. :thumbsup:

Better get a lot more than one definitely, when you can. They sure do make lovely gifts, as well as a part of one's ocarina collection.

And sigh. Kres' only colorful Oc...is gone. Now he's back to mostly brown ocs! (save for the lovely Meissens, Black Pacchioni Tripla, and Rotter C5 ;) ...and the TNG dog...and that bird whistle)
Ocarinas I own:
[+] Spoiler
:pendant: WangYue AC :pendant: Teardrop SG :ocarina: Focalink 12 hole SC-P :double: Focalink DAC
Ocarina wishlist:
[+] Spoiler
:pendant: Langley Double :inline: Hind Harmony Inline :double: WPN Compact Double :ocarina: Focalink sweetpotato AC&SG
:ocarina: TNG/STL 12 hole "Tenor" Enigma :oldoc: Gretsch ocarinas :oldoc: Old Glory ocarinas Songbird Muse
The above lists are highly outdated...especially the "Ocarinas I own" part :P (July 30, 2012)

--
My first and (at the moment) only YouTube ocarina video from 2010: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qINmzHCa3Ls
(Featuring the Rotter/Ocarinamusic G2 Soprano Lang :) )

Everett Ocarinas
Quadruple Ocarinist
Quadruple Ocarinist

December 19th, 2010, 4:56 pm #64

I'm very hopeful that Mr Gosselink will be at the Festival next year, i really would like to meet him and purchase some of his beautiful ocarinas. Until then though, i bought some online which will hopefully arrive sometime soon if only the snow would ease up :)

Ocarinas for sale on eBay

Other crafts and artworks viewable on DeviantArt

~ * Maker of Everett Ocarinas - made in Great Britain * ~

Anto
Triple Ocarinist
Triple Ocarinist

December 19th, 2010, 5:08 pm #65

For those interested in buying an ocarina from Gosselink: http://stores.ebay.ca/PERCUBOX/Ocarinas ... 34.c0.m322
[+] Next to buy
:ocarina: Rotter C3 Alt Terracotta
:ocarina: Rotter C1 Straw fired
:ocarina: Rotter G2 Soprano "Spezialform"

Bateleur
Quadruple Ocarinist x 4
Quadruple Ocarinist x 4

December 19th, 2010, 10:34 pm #66

Hmm, I think I just found some new ocarinas to love and obsess over. This usually only happens with ocarinas I can't actually buy (like how I fell in love with the Maparam Double Bass C for a while.)

These ocarinas have such wonderful finishes. Beautiful showcases pieces and they sound great as well. :)

I just hope that his site will be set up to sell ocarinas by at least early next year.
Pandorado wrote: We should be the forum that people go to for support of all ocarinas and encouraging people to become the best players they can with whatever ocarina they have.

Everett Ocarinas
Quadruple Ocarinist
Quadruple Ocarinist

December 30th, 2010, 4:08 pm #67

My Gosselinks finally arrived today! It is strange, i swear the listings described both of them as sopranos but they are altos...not that i mind either way because they are beautiful and i can buy some more in Budrio this coming year anyways (assuming Mr Gosselink will be attending) :D

The sound, its so hard to describe, they sound as sweet as a bird but they resonate very 'warmly' if that makes any sense at all. And these are the only ocarinas aside from my Songbird pendants in my collection that truly have that 'handmade', almost rustic, look to them - a trait in ocarinas i have sorely missed since the discontinuation of the Songbird pendants. Such qualities makes them much more unique and trademarked to the artist who carefully crafted them, to me it makes them that much more special and beautiful ^^
Last edited by Everett Ocarinas on December 30th, 2010, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sherb
Quadruple Ocarinist x 3
Quadruple Ocarinist x 3

December 30th, 2010, 10:22 pm #68

Yay jade!
I'm happy you finally got your gosselinks, and that you love them!

I find myself wanting one now >.<

Everett Ocarinas
Quadruple Ocarinist
Quadruple Ocarinist

December 30th, 2010, 10:37 pm #69

Thanks Sherb! Well, all i can say is, they're amazing and well worth having. The seller still has some left on ebay...

I'll just leave this link here...

Jafafa Hots
Triple Ocarinist x 2
Triple Ocarinist x 2

December 31st, 2010, 12:21 am #70

Man those are beauties. Someday. Maybe. Someday I may get one if I'm lucky.
Wanted: French ocarinas and fipple flutes ("tin" whistles etc.)