Moderator: Bateleur

Giorgio Pacchioni Ocarinas

kissing
Site Admin

May 20th, 2008, 6:28 pm #1

UPDATE

Good News folks! Mr Pacchioni indeed replies, and still makes and sells ocarinas!

His newest homepage appears to be: http://www.giorgiopacchioni.com/
wrote:Dear Samuel,
Although the distance we live, it is not complicated at all to buy my ocarinas.
If you wish a double one, its price in euro is 103,95 plus shipping expenses, that can be from 19 EUR to a maximum of 46 EUR (depending of the weight of ocarinas you order).

Payment can be done through Paypal or through a deposit to my banking account.
If you use Paypal you can do it by addressing at my email: g.pacchioni@gmail.com
If you prefer to make a deposit to my banking account, let me know it and I will send you the data.

Delivery time would approximately be of 10 working days.
If you wish to consult ocarinas price, please go to the page below and you will find all information about it.
http://www.giorgiopacchioni.com/ocarina/formoche.html

Best regards,
Giorgio
Here is the price list that he links to:
[+] Spoiler
Now who is good at Italian -_- ?

Giorgio Pacchioni is a Recorder & Ocarina Player, Composer , Ocarina Maker, Music Teacher, & Pupeteer :o :TON:

He has composed some beautiful music for the Ocarina, such as "Virtonian" Polka de concert (for Ocarina and Piano). I think a lot of songs that the Ocarina Classica trio play in their repertoire are pieces composed by Giorgio Pacchioni.

Here is his website about ocarinas:
http://web.tiscali.it/contra/index.html

wrote:I am pleased to offer you my handicraft (handmade) terracotta Ocarinas, endowed with a highly professional quality.
These are copies of historical instruments made by the best ocarina makers from Budrio's School as: Donati, Mezzetti, Vicinelli.
They are copies of instruments of the best makers of the Budrio' school of ocarinas builders: Donati, Mezzetti, Vicinelli.
The strong points of my production, which has been, by now, adopted by all the Ocarina players in Italy an d abroad, may be listed in the following way:

Intonation : Stable and at 20 cent. under 440 hz. (which is necessary to make the Ocarina play perpetually as tuning instrument when it is warm and not cold).
Timbre : Round, mellow and very clear.
Tuning of its holes: Careful.
Fingering : Classical (as during the 19th Century) and with double holes in the first opening (C-C#).
Shape : Classical, as in Budrio's tradition (near Bologna) in the 19th Century, with a dome in the left corner.
Range : 13 notes in chromatic scale (for the first two sizes), 11 notes in chromatic scale (for larger sizes).
Production : All the classical models, models of my own reconstruction, models of my own invention, experimental models.
Models upon request: With no price increase, Ocarinas with any basic tuning (D flat, F#, and so on) are manufactured

Here is his Youtube channel, where he shows how he makes his ocarinas, along with some of his music:
http://www.youtube.com/giorgiopacchioni

Osawa Satoshi seems to have a couple of Pacchioni ocarinas in his collection. The Double ocarina and the mini Soprano ocarina used here both seem to be Pacchioni:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=G8xSjFNtdGE
Download high quality
Last edited by kissing on October 19th, 2008, 12:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ForestsRequiem
Triple Ocarinist x 3
Triple Ocarinist x 3

May 22nd, 2008, 2:06 pm #2

Those Ocarinas are *amazing*! I realy enjoying watching Osawa preform, and I don't know why other than the fact the he is an AMAZING Ocarinaist

Last uploaded Yeonriji

Mikael
Triple Ocarinist x 2
Triple Ocarinist x 2

May 23rd, 2008, 3:32 am #3

Does he not sell ocarinas? I find no place to purchase one.

kissing
Site Admin

May 23rd, 2008, 4:43 pm #4

I wonder if his email address works:

gpacchioni@iol.it

Otherwise message his Youtube account? :D

I've sent him the message:
wrote:Dear Mr. Pacchioni,

I am a student who has played the ocarina for a short time. I have listened to your ocarinas, and I really love the sound it has. I am especially interested in your Double ocarina (I watched it in a performance of Funculi funicula by Osawa Satoshi).

My friends and I were wondering how we could receive your ocarinas.

Best Regards,

Samuel Lee
I hope he replies :)
Last edited by kissing on May 23rd, 2008, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ForestsRequiem
Triple Ocarinist x 3
Triple Ocarinist x 3

May 23rd, 2008, 7:06 pm #5

I hope so too! that wasn't an alto C double that Osawa used is it? It looked smaller than a normal double.

Last uploaded Yeonriji

kissing
Site Admin

May 29th, 2008, 10:28 am #6

OcarinaMan333 wrote: I hope so too! that wasn't an alto C double that Osawa used is it? It looked smaller than a normal double.
Yes, it is a Double AC.
Double AC ocarinas are actually not that big. The one in the video is pretty normal sized IMO :)

ForestsRequiem
Triple Ocarinist x 3
Triple Ocarinist x 3

May 29th, 2008, 10:37 pm #7

Ok so they are like Alto Ocarinas, I expected them to be HUGE! and when I got mine I was rather shocked at the size, Lol

Last uploaded Yeonriji

leArAnonA
Transverse Ocarinist x 4
Transverse Ocarinist x 4
leArAnonA
Transverse Ocarinist x 4
Transverse Ocarinist x 4

June 24th, 2008, 5:51 am #8

The shape seems quite unnatural for an ocarina almost. The main part of the body is looks perfectly round down the length of the body, like a top or something. The really tiny looks cute though, but it would take some really small delicate hands to play.

Pandaman
Triple Ocarinist x 2
Triple Ocarinist x 2

June 24th, 2008, 9:00 am #9

They look pretty cool to me :) I like the flower in the biggest one :P
Chopperman to the rescue!

kissing
Site Admin

June 24th, 2008, 10:55 am #10

leArAnonA wrote:The shape seems quite unnatural for an ocarina almost. The main part of the body is looks perfectly round down the length of the body, like a top or something.
The interesting thing is, this is one of the oldest kinds of ocarinas designs. It is ironic to call them "unnatural" because the original, historic ocarinas of Italy are shaped like that :chew: :fly:
Last edited by kissing on June 24th, 2008, 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.