Moderator: Bateleur

Sigurthr
Quadruple Ocarinist x 2
Quadruple Ocarinist x 2

October 11th, 2010, 3:27 pm #121

His wife is fluent in many languages so he is quite able to communicate well.
Flutist and Extra Class Amateur Radio Operator
::Disclaimer - If my comments seem to be odd or creepy at times, it is only because you haven't been a part of TON long enough to know me. Just ask some of the Senior Members, they'll fill you in. /eyebrowraise. ::
[+] My Instruments
Flute:
- Conn-Selmer: The Sir James Galway Spirit - JG3BO
- Aulos Grenser A=440 Traverso
- Antique Huller Lyon-Healy Meyer 19th Century Orchestral Flute

Ocarina:
- Hind: Tenor F Transverse in Cocobolo & Bloodwood

Recorder:
- Yamaha: 300 Series C Baroque Recorders
[+] Ocarinas Sold
Pacchioni: DoppiaV C3, Mi3
Menaglio: Do3
Hind: Inline TF, Bb, Harmony, DIY, Sop-F
Maparam: DAC
Focalink: DAC, DSG, SG
Songbird: 5-hole OoT, DT 13-hole D, Hylian Shield
Mountain Ocarinas: Poly C, Poly G Vampire, Cocobolo G
Solist: Plastic SC, Plastic AC
Noble: DAC
STL: Rupee SC, Plastic TAC

Jack M.
Double Ocarinist
Double Ocarinist

October 11th, 2010, 3:34 pm #122

Ok, thanks!
Fenrisfang, did you end up ordering anything? I am thinking of ordering a Soprano something from him, but I really need to keep the money to save up for my triple.
Last edited by Jack M. on October 11th, 2010, 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fenrisfang
Double Ocarinist x 2
Double Ocarinist x 2

October 11th, 2010, 3:44 pm #123

Haha, I ordered something indeed.

I had saved some money, initially for a different ocarina, but I thought about it and came to the decision that I don't need it whereas a Pacchioni might be the better option now that Maparam quit. Soooo... I purchased a TriplaV! :D

If I was in your shoes, I'd wait and save my money for a while to get a triple. I'm convinced that, technically, I don't need any more (multi-camber ocarinas) after I received my TriplaV. Maybe a muse or a soprano someday, yes, because they sound different and add variety (and because I also see them as art pieces and collectibles xD), but there won't be any ocarinas then I really need anymore.

EDIT: Oh, and though I don't know where you live, maybe the Pacchioni ocarinas Hans Rotter offers in his shop might be an alternative for the future:

http://www.ocarinashop.net/index.php?op ... &Itemid=17
Last edited by Fenrisfang on October 11th, 2010, 3:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jack M.
Double Ocarinist
Double Ocarinist

October 11th, 2010, 4:13 pm #124

No, I live in the Southern US, so ordering from Brazil is a better option for me.

Krešimir Cindrić
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5

October 11th, 2010, 9:58 pm #125

Fenrisfang wrote:Oh, I don't know if he actually uses a translator. I didn't notice anything of that when I talked to him. I asked him several questions and understood everything he said and so did he. That's all I know xD
Yes, he uses Google translate. I use it too when I communicate with him, as I like to write to him in Italian as much as I can (and I cannot speak Italian :) ).

Congratulations on your new TriplaV :)

Jack Campin
Premium Poster
Premium Poster

October 12th, 2010, 12:07 am #126

I've just been looking at Pacchioni's site. One interesting item is his "ocarina araba", in the Arabic scale he calls "Nawi Athar", by which I presume he means this:

http://www.maqamworld.com/maqamat/nawa-athar.html (their sound samples are in Real Audio format, which doesn't work for me).
Or with less detail: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRAPe5PNWqQ

and some real music in that scale: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALfc_NnirlU

I'm curious as to why anyone would want that, and what they've done with it. You should be able to play in the three scales described on the Maqam World page using a normal ten-hole ocarina - I play in hijaz sometimes. Kurdili nawa athar would be a bit of a bugger without subholes, but I guess that's not catered for on the Pacchioli instrument either? (BTW a variant of nawa athar is the "misheberach" scale of klezmer music, also found in the Moldavian five-hole flute, so it's not just an Arabic scale).

Anybody heard Pacchioni's thing in action?
Last edited by Jack Campin on November 1st, 2010, 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack M.
Double Ocarinist
Double Ocarinist

October 17th, 2010, 2:42 pm #127

Can anyone give me Maestro Pacchioni's e-mail?
Last edited by Jack M. on October 17th, 2010, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tentenguy
Double Ocarinist x 4
Double Ocarinist x 4

October 17th, 2010, 3:19 pm #128

Krešimir Cindrić wrote:The best way to order is to send him an email (you can find the address on his site, if not, send me a PM). I don't want to post it publicly because of all the spam-bots.
Answered by a quote!
[+] Ocarina Collection
Clay
Menaglio Do1, Sol2, Do3 and Sol4
Focalink Forte SG, AC and Various Four-holes
Takashi White Smoke-Fired 3F
Wooden
Hind Inline Set
NCW alto Harmony Double
Plastic/Other
Focalink Plastic AC and 2 SCs
TNG Plastic Triple AC, Pendant AC, SC, Transverse AC and SC
Zin BC
Mountain Warmstone in C and G
Black Night by Noble AC

Jack M.
Double Ocarinist
Double Ocarinist

October 17th, 2010, 3:26 pm #129

I found it. ;)

RJ924
Triple Ocarinist x 5
Triple Ocarinist x 5

October 21st, 2010, 3:55 am #130

I received my Pacchioni TriplaV in the key of C a little over a week ago. I have been playing it every day, and am committed to playing it well. I think it is an excellent ocarina. It took about a month to get from the time I placed my order.

I want to thank Krešimir and Sigurthr for their help in choosing and purchasing this ocarina. You both were a great help, and I really appreciate it. I wish you both the best.

Roger
[+] Interesting thoughts
Why would anyone who already has a smoke alarm need a kitchen timer?
Get yer affairs in order, boys, 'cuz we're all gonna die!
How can you tell when a politician is lying? - A.-When their lips are moving.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
An amateur practices until they can get it right, a professional practices until they can't get it wrong
?Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.? ― Plato
"Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities."- Aldous Huxley