DeepRed
Quadruple Ocarinist x 2
Quadruple Ocarinist x 2
DeepRed
Quadruple Ocarinist x 2
Quadruple Ocarinist x 2

January 18th, 2009, 4:13 pm #31

Well that's a different kettle of fish entirely from just glazing or painting, since it actually involves modifying the ocarina itself. It would probably be a lot more expensive too.
A minor mod would be just adding the collar to the mouthpiece, major would involve remodelling the whole oc so it would have the 'torpedo' shape of the OoT....
If Focalink ever made a Zelda oc, they'd make a killing though :D

All you can do is email Zack Shih and see what he says! Best of luck!

Tye Possum
Double Ocarinist x 5
Double Ocarinist x 5

January 18th, 2009, 11:10 pm #32

Hey DeepRed I was just wondering, that wolf ocarina was a christmas present for your sister right? So did she like it or what? I'd imagine she did but just askin anyways.
I wander far but am not lost, I follow the lights though should not trust, when night time falls I stop and play, a tune that I made up this day.

Number of ocarinas currently: 12

DeepRed
Quadruple Ocarinist x 2
Quadruple Ocarinist x 2
DeepRed
Quadruple Ocarinist x 2
Quadruple Ocarinist x 2

January 19th, 2009, 10:08 am #33

Oh yeah she did! She absolutely loved it to bits :) She said she'll be joining TON soon and wants me to teach her to play :)

Tye Possum
Double Ocarinist x 5
Double Ocarinist x 5

January 19th, 2009, 6:57 pm #34

Well that's good to hear. And another member joining TON can't hurt either!
I wander far but am not lost, I follow the lights though should not trust, when night time falls I stop and play, a tune that I made up this day.

Ocarinadiva
Premium Poster
Premium Poster

February 11th, 2009, 4:42 am #35

Wow, I love the cherry blossom pendant. I've been thinking about having a custom pendant with my cat painted on it. He hangs out with me when I play ocarina, so it seems appropriate. Can the Focalink artists use a photograph to replicate a design, or would I need to draw a picture of him?

Shop ? Newsletter ? Youtube ? Facebook ? Twitter

STL Contractor: I make ocarina product overviews and design ocarinas.

[/color]
[/color][/color]

kashu_okami
Inline Ocarinist
Inline Ocarinist

February 11th, 2009, 11:35 am #36

When I placed my order, I gave Mr. Shih a picture I found on the web and asked if he could paint it onto my ocarina. Mr. Shih warned me that he couldn't make it as vivid or detailed as the photo, but I think it came out quite well. I don't have a file hosting account, and I don't know the code to put the pictures into a spoiler tag, so I attached the photo of my ocarina and the picture the design is based on to the post. And yes, I did ask him to change the color.
focalink_12_hole_custom.jpg
mountain_lily.jpg
Last edited by kashu_okami on February 12th, 2009, 8:20 am, edited 4 times in total.

Armisis
Triple Ocarinist x 2
Triple Ocarinist x 2

February 11th, 2009, 11:38 am #37

Wow Thats quite nice!!!

David D. Stanton
Ocarian Collector
DoD Information Systems Engineer, Google Product Forums (Nexus/Wear) Rising Star
http://www.youtube.com/armisis
https://plus.google.com/#+DavidDStanton/posts

Tye Possum
Double Ocarinist x 5
Double Ocarinist x 5

February 11th, 2009, 6:33 pm #38

Ocarinadiva wrote: I've been thinking about having a custom pendant with my cat painted on it. He hangs out with me when I play ocarina, so it seems appropriate.
Is it the cat on your avatar? That would be pretty cool if it was lol. That flower oc looks pretty nice, I was thinking about getting a custom painted oc but I think I'd prefer some sort of basic oc instead, much like the one I already have, which saves my some cash eh? lol

SillyJonna
Inline Ocarinist x 5
Inline Ocarinist x 5

February 12th, 2009, 12:07 am #39

kashu_okami wrote:I don't have a file hosting account, and I don't know the code to put the pictures into a spoiler tag, so I attached the photo of my ocarina and the picture the design is based on to the post.
Where is the photo of your ocarina? I'd love to see it, but I only see the photo of the flower attached to your post.

kashu_okami
Inline Ocarinist
Inline Ocarinist

February 12th, 2009, 8:22 am #40

Sorry, I think the photo was too large. I played with the image a bit, so it should be within the size limit now.