That's right!! It's TON's SECOND official photography contest
It's been a little while since we had our first photography contest, which ended at the end of April, and it was such a fun and innovative event for the ocarina network community
and I know a lot of you have been waiting rather patiently for another one, so here it is![/size]
*I apologize about any glitches or 'jumps' in the video. My editing skills were kind of lacking!
YAY for my cat in the background, though!*
This time the photography contest is going to have a theme and it's going to be about all things autumn and/or Halloween
This is yet again an exciting opportunity for ocarina players everywhere and especially for those of you who like to take pictures.
All you have to do is take a picture of you with your ocarina(s) OR a picture OF your ocarina(s) in a creative and unique environment that incorporates autumn and/or Halloween.
The creativity is all up to you, because the sky is the absolute limit!
*** Be sure to look at the "Photo Tips!" ***
The Grand Prize is:
Casper's Double AC Ocarina with the "Meteor" design, generously donated by Casper himself!
Click HERE for a sound sample of this lovely ocarina
- Second Grand Prize:
A lovely brown AC ocarina, generously donated by Cris Gale!
- Third Grand Prize:
Focalink SC, model B, generously donated by Suki/Adriana!
- And finally, for fourth, fifth and sixth place:
one signed copy (each) of Cris Gale's CD: "An Ocarina Overture"
generously donated by Cris Gale herself!
* Additional prizes are a possibility *
*** All winners will be picked by the judges ***
Our awesome judges and co-organizers for this event are:
~ Achint ~
~ Suki / Adriana ~
~ Fred ~
~ Mark Chan ~
~ and myself / Jill ~
And, as always, I am also your humble host!
Very many thanks to Casper of Casper Ocarinas and Cris Gale/Ocarinadiva and Suki/Adriana for their input and gracious donations for the contest!!
To enter the contest:
- You must be a registered member on TON. Sign-up is free.
- Take a picture of you with your ocarina(s) OR a picture OF your ocarina(s) with a camera device, and be sure to incorporate Halloween and/or autumn in your picture!
- Submit your photo to THIS thread with TWO IMAGES:
The original photo and an authentication photo (with your TON username written on a card.)
and be sure to review all the rules upon entering the contest!
- [+] Photo Tips (please click)
Here are some helpful photo tips when taking your pictures! Note that they are only tips, and photos will not be judged based on their image quality, but rather for their conception, creativity and composition. Have fun!!
Center of Interest
- Does the photo contain relevance; the ocarina and elements of autumn and/or Halloween?
- Is the ocarina the main subject of the photo, or do other components in the picture take all focus away from the ocarina?
- Does the photo 'frame' and establish the center of interest?
- Are all elements/components in the photo 'organized' well so that you can clearly see the subject of the photo?
- Is the background of the photo non-distracting or very distracting?
- Does the photo contain simplicity, or is it too "busy"?
- Does the photo disclose more about the ocarina, or show it in unique or unexpected ways?
- Does the photo express visual components in an unusual or intriguing way?
- Is the photo interesting?
- Is there clear effort, thought and execution in the overall photo?
- [+] RULES (please click)
- Only ONE photo entry per member will be accepted. No collages of multiple photos. Photo stitching is fine if it's a panorama or seamless large image.
- Photography background and other artistic experience is not necessary to enter the contest. However, creativity and passion is strongly encouraged to compete for the prizes!
- You are allowed to use ANY kind of device that is able to take a picture.
- Photoshop, GIMP and all other photo editing software is allowed.
- We allow for those of you without instruments to use ocarina apps such as Songbird and Smule.
- Original work is a MUST.
- If it is proven that a photo is not your own work, it will NOT be judged.
- No cheating, sock pupeting (making multiple user accounts to enter more than once) or PLAGIARISM of any kind will be tolerated...
- Photos should also be FREE from sexually explicit and otherwise offensive content that would harm or insult any group of people.
- As always, please respect TON's community guidelines for your safety and for everyone else's
2. Suki (participation)
16. Mark Chan (participation)
19. Ocarinadiva (participation)
33. Lottie Potter
35. Golden Monkey