Forum rules
TON Updates and more! Administrators will inform you about important changes or updates regarding the board system, Guidelines or anything related to TON.

Anthem Melody Posting

Nonayourbeeswax
Double Ocarinist x 4
Double Ocarinist x 4

June 7th, 2008, 12:01 am #1

Here is the topic in which you can post your melody ideas for the anthem.

Note: Only post basic melodies. One per person. After the deadline we will vote on the three best melodies. Then we will see who can arrange them together the best.

Guidelines
Mood: Inspirational, Majestic, Happy, Proud.
Time Signature: 4/4. Lets keep this basic people.
Key: C. We can transpose if we need to.
Difficulty: Keep this simple. Not to fast. While writing think if somebody new can play it but somebody more familiar with the ocarina can spruce it up and add grace notes.

Deadline: June 22th.

I will be on vacation and without internet on the 8th and for a whole week. If you want to contact me I can reply after this time.
Last edited by Nonayourbeeswax on June 15th, 2008, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadowyi
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5

June 9th, 2008, 4:34 am #2

Sorry it's not an actual anthem response, but as I was brainstorming I suddenly thought of a question. Would it be okay if this is based off another song? Or would you like completely original compositions?

Designed by Jacob. TONian!

Small sheet music update! Find them at Shadow's sheets!
Shadow's Pokemon-esque music story is being revised! (no new updates yet) Click here!

Pandaman
Triple Ocarinist x 2
Triple Ocarinist x 2

June 9th, 2008, 7:52 am #3

I think songs based on other songs would be a good idea, just a long as it's changed a little... Even if it is just lyrics xD *plans to start work on the borat song* xD
Chopperman to the rescue!

Nonayourbeeswax
Double Ocarinist x 4
Double Ocarinist x 4

June 15th, 2008, 10:01 pm #4

Yes. It can be based after other songs.

stevtomato
Quadruple Ocarinist
Quadruple Ocarinist

June 15th, 2008, 11:14 pm #5

Hey, 2/4 is ok right? XD It's basically the same as 4/4 anyway (well not technically)

Edit:

I've came out with some stuff.

Listen.

Well, I know it's more complicated than you thought of, but I can't help but modulate to Eflat major, it just makes it sounds so much grander XD (the modulation).

The range and everything else can be changed still, so no worries. Plus, if this is chosen im thinking of putting this at the end end, to make a grand ending, while the others can go first (with a slightly less grand themes, just like Pomp!).

Maestoso means majestically. Oh and the piano accompaniment is just as a guidelines to the harmony (because harmony is just as important as the melody). The big accompaniment I thought of for this is the orchestra... Would be cool to have strings tremoloing broken chords, harp glissandi, brass stuff and all...

So yeah.... PICK MINE T.T :P

Go :TON:

I hope you like it!
Last edited by stevtomato on June 15th, 2008, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevtomato
Composer, Arranger,
Pianist, ex-Ocarinist.

All music emerges from silence, to which it must sooner or later return.

List of Sheetmusic

Go to my YouTube site and click the orange subscribe button and thou shall enlighten my day! =D

Turbo852
Quadruple Ocarinist x 2
Quadruple Ocarinist x 2

June 15th, 2008, 11:16 pm #6

If anyone needs inspiration or wants to listen to different anthems of the world, check out this site I found:
MIDI Atlas

Deleted User
Deleted User

June 16th, 2008, 12:13 am #7

Steve's Anthem FTW!

I really like it! :XD:

DeepRed
Quadruple Ocarinist x 2
Quadruple Ocarinist x 2
DeepRed
Quadruple Ocarinist x 2
Quadruple Ocarinist x 2

June 16th, 2008, 12:25 am #8

I like Tomato's! It's got the happy, uplifting Miyazaki-esque thing going on! :)

stevtomato
Quadruple Ocarinist
Quadruple Ocarinist

June 16th, 2008, 12:31 am #9

Muhaha, of course u like Tomato's, Tomato's the only one who have posted something!!

PEOPLE! POST ANTHEMS!!!! T.T

Thanks btw, Gaspoo and DeepRed! =D
stevtomato
Composer, Arranger,
Pianist, ex-Ocarinist.

All music emerges from silence, to which it must sooner or later return.

List of Sheetmusic

Go to my YouTube site and click the orange subscribe button and thou shall enlighten my day! =D

DeepRed
Quadruple Ocarinist x 2
Quadruple Ocarinist x 2
DeepRed
Quadruple Ocarinist x 2
Quadruple Ocarinist x 2

June 16th, 2008, 12:41 am #10

Well I've never written a song in my life and wouldn't know how, so I'm out of the running :)
But yes, more entries! Or we wont need that special camera I bought for the photo-finish!

"And it's Veggie by a nose!"