Mark Chan
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5

September 9th, 2013, 1:40 pm #11

Mickji wrote:Mark Chan you are right.
Doublets, truplets,triplets,quadruple are used in French Japanese and other languages, this is why I wrote them as different ways to name these kinds of ocarine
( トリプレット trupletto literaly)
リ is actually 'ri' so it would be toripuretto.
ル is 'ru' ;)
Last edited by Mark Chan on September 9th, 2013, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pandorado100
Premium Poster
Premium Poster

September 9th, 2013, 2:25 pm #12

I think Mickji would love to have the help of a native English speaker for editing and revising her tutorials to make it sound better. I sometimes help Robert proofread his posts for his Pure Ocarina website but I don't think my level of musical knowledge is adequate to provide editorial assistance in this particular case.

So, why not help out instead of criticizing? If you know enough to see the problems in Mickji's writing, volunteer your knowledge. It wouldn't hurt to try a little kindness too. It's not like we're waging war here.
"The only escape from the miseries of life are music and cats..."
-- Albert Schweitzer

Mark Chan
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5

September 9th, 2013, 2:50 pm #13

I think Jack was trying to be helpful. Although his response was frank and non-sugarcoated, he wasn't being mean. He also made it clear that he won't be looking at this thread again (he was pretty much shooed away); so I don't think asking questions here will reach him.

pandorado100
Premium Poster
Premium Poster

September 9th, 2013, 2:56 pm #14

It's funny how some people can dish it out but can't take it. :P

I would welcome Jack's contribution since he has an inexhaustible store of knowledge. I just hate seeing Mickji's feelings hurt.
"The only escape from the miseries of life are music and cats..."
-- Albert Schweitzer

Samuel
Double Ocarinist
Double Ocarinist

September 9th, 2013, 8:24 pm #15

Why not use red to violet for the notes of the scale? The colours of the rainbow have a natural order, unlike the ones you're using now. If you want to add another kind of visual information, you could use shape notes.

Mickji
Double Ocarinist
Double Ocarinist

September 9th, 2013, 9:56 pm #16

Mark when you write you write r but when you pronounce it it become l
example miruto -> milt
Maybe he will look again,who knows ^^ never say never
I tried to answer to all the things everyone said, and I don't think that I wrote something in a rude, if I did then I apologize
Samuel..there is violet and red O_o
Yes I would love some help
Because I learned everything alone by myself so I learned something in a language something in another language ...so I'm a mess also under this point of view XD
And yes Mark Chan Jack was helpful
Last edited by Mickji on September 9th, 2013, 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Website with sheet music accompaniment and tablature for ocarina + a tutorial about sheet music and ocarina playing
Visit http://www.mickji.altervista.org
Sorry for my bad english-american
Mickji_^^_.

Samuel
Double Ocarinist
Double Ocarinist

September 9th, 2013, 10:12 pm #17

I mean:

C = red
D = orange
E = yellow
F = green
G = mid-blue
A = blue-purple
B = violet

Mark Chan
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5

September 9th, 2013, 11:50 pm #18

Mickji wrote:Mark when you write you write r but when you pronounce it it become l
example miruto -> milt
Maybe he will look again,who knows ^^ never say never
Yes, you are right, but I was referring to something else, lol.
wrote:( トリプレット trupletto literaly)
I would've spelled it tripletto instead of trupletto.
I'm not familiar with that spelling; and noticed that you use that spelling multiple times; so maybe it's not a typo?

Double Ocarinist
Double Ocarinist

September 10th, 2013, 1:51 am #19

Don't worry, I understood everything you said, some people just have nothing better to do than belittle others on an internet forum that has many members of different ethnic backgrounds SMH.

Mickji
Double Ocarinist
Double Ocarinist

September 10th, 2013, 1:14 pm #20

Mark Chan O_O You're right ! I always mispelled it ! Since there was Double, I said Trouple ... I'm such a donkey u_u'''
Samuel, your idea is nice, but then isn't it difficult to understand if a note is G or A for people that have sight difficulties? I must find someone and ask him-her to test it ^^
To remember the rainbow colors is easier than remember random colors
I also had requests to add pink to the colors because C color was not nice
But then too many colors will be light ... I think I will end up with a black colored note XD
Loading... I thank you ^^ I also hope that everything written is simple and correct
Website with sheet music accompaniment and tablature for ocarina + a tutorial about sheet music and ocarina playing
Visit http://www.mickji.altervista.org
Sorry for my bad english-american
Mickji_^^_.