Forum rules
TON Updates and more! Administrators will inform you about important changes or updates regarding the board system, Guidelines or anything related to TON.

A friendly reminder about Quoting

Deleted User
Deleted User

October 18th, 2008, 8:19 pm #1

You all should know the quoting limitations as found in the TON Board Rules. To clarify the meaning for anybody who is confused, you should only quote the part that is relevent to your reply. Rule fo thumb: This should not be more than a line or two.

How do you edit the quote?

When you use the quote button, your reply is at the top of the page. If you scroll down, what you are quoting is in a seperate box further down. You have full access to edit or reduce what is quoted. This is especially important if the person you are quoting has quoted someone else.

How about quoting more than one person?

You can seperate and reply to more than one person by adding your own BCCode.

Code: Select all

[quote=Moonsyne]A great wisdom.[/quote]
I never thought of that.
[quote=Newbie]Confounded reply.[/quote]
Further explanation.
Will become:
A Typical Post wrote:
Moonsyne wrote:A great wisdom.
I never thought of that.
Newbie wrote:Confounded reply.
Further explanation.
Remember that people who are interested in the thread are following it, so your post does not need to be a summary. It is nice to quote to avoid confusion as to who you are replying to, or you can just type thier name to indicate.

Like this!
A Typical Post wrote: Moonsyne: You confuse me.

I would like to know more about how to use the BBCode.
Thank you and good day :TON:

Last edited by Deleted User on October 18th, 2008, 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bluebell
Triple Ocarinist
Triple Ocarinist

October 20th, 2008, 1:59 am #2

well explained. i hope im not guilty of overquoting. and thanks for outlining the possibility of multiple quoting.
*signature change pending*

shadowyi
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5
Quadruple Ocarinist x 5

October 20th, 2008, 2:48 am #3

Please help us all avoid confusion in the future. If you quote a mile long post and refer to only one line in it, I have no idea what you're talking about. :D

Designed by Jacob. TONian!

Small sheet music update! Find them at Shadow's sheets!
Shadow's Pokemon-esque music story is being revised! (no new updates yet) Click here!