Forum rules
Welcome to Q&A! If you have questions that you want to ask, please shoot them right here.
Please only post questions here.

The topic title should clearly suggest the questions you are about to ask or already contain the question itself.
A bad topic title would be [i]PLEASE HELP!!! [/i], [i]IMPORTANT QUESTION! [/i], [i]ANSWER ME! [/i] or [i]QUESTIONS [/i] and the like. Topics like this will be closed.
A good topic title would be [i]Choosing between Maparam triple and Focalink Triple [/i] or [i]The differences between an Ocarina and a Bamboo Chopstick? [/i]

Happy asking!

12 hole soprano c from maparam

grimplexidon
Transverse Ocarinist x 4
Transverse Ocarinist x 4

July 9th, 2008, 12:59 am #1

i was dead set against paying for overseas shipping but then i had to go and watch themightyicecream and kissing's video witht there 12 hole sopranos from mampram.

needless to say i feel in love with the sound of it. :giveup:

so dose anyone have a reveiw of it so i cam make sure my money is well spent

kissing
Site Admin

July 9th, 2008, 10:06 am #2

The sound of the Maparam Soprano C is absolutely superb. Directly compared to the WPN Soprano C, it is noticeably clearer and richer in tone.

While I find it very comfortable to use now (since I've practiced on it quite a bit), I do remember it being a little difficult to hold at first since it is shaped a bit differently to what I was used to. The holes are quite small, so I hope you like small holes :rofl:

Tone - absolutely flawless. But it might take some time getting used to holding it.

grimplexidon
Transverse Ocarinist x 4
Transverse Ocarinist x 4

July 9th, 2008, 2:13 pm #3

thanks kissing by the way i think i comented the videos u did using that ocarina but if i didnt they were all wonderful

kissing
Site Admin

July 30th, 2008, 1:24 pm #4

Oh yar, have you considered the Maparam Soprano G?

I prefer the Soprano G tone than the Soprano C tone, because it is not as high and piercing.
It is probably more comfortable to hold as it is a bit bigger than the Soprano C.

It is same cost as the Soprano C. Anyway, have a think about it :D

Maparam Soprano G sound sample:
http://ocarina.tistory.com/20
(press play on the player there)
Last edited by kissing on July 30th, 2008, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.