What's the Preferred Next Rapido NH LT WT Stainless Steel Car?

nhhe52

May 10th, 2017, 2:12 pm #1

So with the Parlor orders now exceeding the minimum order mark, what car would everyone want to see next?
Combine, Grill, Diner?  Or would you like Rapido to produce the Jet next?

I vote for Raido next producing both a Grill and Diner at the same time given the "general" similarities in body type, trucks, etc.  There would then be a minimum of six cars that everyone would need to order; a Grill and Diner each in the As-delivered, McGinnis and McGinnis no-skirt NHRHTA schemes. 

Not SS but I wouldn't mind Rapido also producing a run of NH X-Troop Carrier head-end cars either.  NH had two color schemes I believe, if not three, (Pullman, Tuscan and Black).  The cars with different door configurations than the NH version where purchased and modified by many other rail roads.  Walthers produced a run several years back but are not correct for the NH.

Ed
Last edited by nhhe52 on May 13th, 2017, 12:00 am, edited 3 times in total.

DBrion

May 10th, 2017, 2:44 pm #2

Whatever model is agreed upon for the
next NHRHTA-sponsored production run my only suggestion is that a decent
breathing space be permitted to allow our wallets to recover.  At least a year, so as not to find ourselves in
a bind at order deadline, as I do not believe the recent rush was caused by a
lack of desire, rather of finances.

FWIW, my vote would be for a couple of
Jets.

On the positive side, I am very pleased
to see NHRHTA and its membership score a great “victory” with Rapido on the
parlor/parlor-lounge project.

nhhe52

May 10th, 2017, 3:36 pm #3

Hi Dick:
I believe these projects take more than a year from inception to delivery, so your wallet should be in good shape by the time the next cars or Jets are available.

Ed

Kaseyj
Kaseyj

May 10th, 2017, 5:43 pm #4

Ed, Slightly off topic but a good request! The troop sleepers were Hunter green after being acquired from our dear Uncle Sam with a few of the last ones painted Pulmman green (maybe) & of course the McGinnis black scheme. NH never had a Tuscan red scheme but that would have been sharp!

John

Rick Abramson

May 10th, 2017, 6:31 pm #5

Hey guys:
Lets get thru the parlors before we and/or Rapido even think about another model?

May 10th, 2017, 9:46 pm #6

The voice of reason.

Derek Thompson
Toronto, Ontario

NHRHTA Member # 0668

nhhe52

May 11th, 2017, 1:39 pm #7

Rick/Derek:
We spent these past weeks obsessing over if the minimum NHRHTA parlor order of 1200 cars would be reach, to insure there would be the next car from Rapido.  So now that the minimum order has been achieved why not have some fun about what the next car will be?
Ed
Last edited by nhhe52 on May 11th, 2017, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nhhe52

May 11th, 2017, 1:44 pm #8

Kaseyj wrote:
Ed, Slightly off topic but a good request! The troop sleepers were Hunter green after being acquired from our dear Uncle Sam with a few of the last ones painted Pulmman green (maybe) & of course the McGinnis black scheme. NH never had a Tuscan red scheme but that would have been sharp!

John
John:  
I thought perhaps there was a Tuscan version due to this image but guess it's a rusting Hunter or Pullman Green car.  However, if that rusted I would think the white lettering would no longer be as evident?
Ed
Last edited by nhhe52 on May 11th, 2017, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NHRHTA1

May 11th, 2017, 2:45 pm #9

Most likely rust and the fading flaking off of the paint exposing the red primer coat. It surely was not due to washing as there were the dirtiest cars ever.

nhhe52

May 11th, 2017, 3:05 pm #10

Thanks Wayne:
Now that I know this car was painted green I do now see some hints of green paint left on it.

Ed