The un-wanted email notifications again

BX10
BX10

10:17 AM - Jan 19, 2018 #1

I am getting them once more, anyone else?
 I remember going to my user settings when we first started using this new format  and doing the right thing to stop getting email notifications  about which topics I looked at and who added a reply.
 I haven't change any settings in my user settings since I first did it, but for some reason I have it back.

Bill 

rsullivan

11:52 AM - Jan 19, 2018 #2

Mr. Bill(BX10). I also started receiving them without changing my profile. I just checked my profile and I think there is a new topic called "Trending" which only has email notification available. Mine was checked, and I don't remember ever seeing or checking it before. I unchecked it, and hopefully I will stop receiving the notifications on my email.
Richard H. Sullivan, Jr.  member #3967

DBrion

6:46 PM - Jan 19, 2018 #3

Bill & Richard - same thing is happening to me.  Getting unwanted, un-requested, un-needed, un-informative, unnecessary emails is unwarranted, not to mention unfair to those on the Forum seeking just plain good ole NHRR stuff.

I also reviewed all my profile settings and reset everything that appeared to be invasive, unwanted, uninspiring, or repetitive to all forum threads and posts.

FA 1
FA 1

7:42 PM - Jan 19, 2018 #4

I'm getting them also, don't  like it.   I will check my profile as Mr Sullivan suggested. also Mr Sullivan I enjoy your posts & have learned a lot .   FA-1

rsullivan

11:04 PM - Jan 19, 2018 #5

Thanks Mr. FA-1. I try to be helpful and enjoy researching any topic.
Richard (short form)

Vandibe
Vandibe

9:16 AM - Jan 20, 2018 #6

I too have noticed an uptick in spam. Scroll down to the bottom of the email. In the fine print you’ll see the word Unsubscribe in blue and underlined. Click on that, and it will automatically remove you from the mailing list. Depending on how many unique mailing lists they are using (one for the NHRR forum, one for new forums, etc) you may have to click on each email’s Unsubscribe link. Should see an immediate reduction though.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BX10
BX10

9:59 AM - Jan 20, 2018 #7

Well I went back to my user settings and un-checked everything and clicked No, on the Yes and No questions. But I still got an email at 2AM about the Belle Dock posting and the last posting to that thread was on December 26.
 I took Eric's advice and went to the email and un-subscribed.
 Now the question is do I have to do it for every email I get from this Forum?

Bill 

Vandibe
Vandibe

10:07 AM - Jan 20, 2018 #8

You may...I just received another alert, after I clicked Unsubscribe...

jkasey
jkasey

10:59 AM - Jan 20, 2018 #9

Vandibe wrote: You may...I just received another alert, after I clicked Unsubscribe...

I've tried unsubscibing a couple of times but that didn't work for me either. Now I'm just going to report them as SPAM from now on.

John

rsullivan

11:01 AM - Jan 20, 2018 #10

I didn't get the emails yet today. I believe it is the Tapatalk's operating system not acknowledging the selections in our profiles. My signature never shows up anymore, and I have tried removing and re-inserting it several times. I seem to have my changes occur after the background color changes from red to blue, and then back to red again. Good luck with your interactions with Tapatalk's program.
Richard H. Sullivan, Jr.  member #3967