UNNAMED DINER OPTIONS for RAPIDO DINER

MRAMTRAK

3:32 PM - Oct 09, 2018 #1

I thought that I had mentioned this before, but I can't find it, after a customer inquired:

If you want a Diner name that is not offered in the version of the car that you are interested in reserving, please order the "unnamed" car.  With that car, you will receive decals with all 10 names and the different-length name-boards to match those names--just like the Parlors. (This time, though, you will NOT have to assemble the interior!)

If you aren't a "decal person", than add $3/car to your reservation and the "Readville Shops" will be happy to take care of your requests. Just mark the reservation form accordingly.  We will decal, over-spray and attach the name board to your Diner.

Here's the reservation form:  http://nhrhta.org/pdf/Rapido_NH_diner_final.pdf

Please don't forget to reserve your cars, as we need  orders from more modelers this time as, typically, folks aren't ordering as many Diners as they did Coaches and Parlors, which is understandable.

New this time:  Dealers can now offer the "Exclusive" (NHRHTA) version to their customers, by ordering that version through us. We are offering Dealers the usual dealer discount. So, if you like to make your purchases through your local hobby shop, let them know about this and have them contact me to set them up: 
daveclinton@verizon.net.

Thanks for your past support of these projects and I look forward to adding your reservation to my collection!

Dave

rsullivan

5:06 PM - Oct 09, 2018 #2

I guess that means if we want ten dining cars in the delivery scheme for pre-1956 passenger service we order all five named cars and five more "unnamed" item#132006, another of the NHRHTA Exclusive we again order all five named dining cars and another five "unnamed" item#132012 for our post-1956 passenger train operations, and for those who model the 1960's all five named dining cars in the McGinnis Orange - No Skirts along with five "unnmaed" item#132018. Sounds like a doable plan for us to reach the minimum order threshold.
Richard #3967

MRAMTRAK

8:43 AM - Oct 10, 2018 #3

rsullivan wrote: I guess that means if we want ten dining cars in the delivery scheme for pre-1956 passenger service we order all five named cars and five more "unnamed" item#132006, another of the NHRHTA Exclusive we again order all five named dining cars and another five "unnamed" item#132012 for our post-1956 passenger train operations, and for those who model the 1960's all five named dining cars in the McGinnis Orange - No Skirts along with five "unnmaed" item#132018. Sounds like a doable plan for us to reach the minimum order threshold.
Richard #3967
😊Dave

Statkowski

11:07 AM - Oct 10, 2018 #4

Of course with an unnamed diner, one could take the decals, move the letters around, and come up with their own name to put on the car.  Yes, I know, heresy.

With the William Williams dining car, it was occasionally spotted with a middle initial "B." scribbled onto it.  William B. Williams was a much-liked talk show host on WNBC-AM in the early 1960s.