THE PARLORS ARE ON THE CONTINENT!

MRAMTRAK

February 2nd, 2018, 12:16 pm #1

Got word that our Parlors/Parlor-Lounge cars are at Customs in Canada!  Yippee!  We expect them here in Hingham, MA within two weeks and will have a "shipping party" ASAP, to get them out to you folks.  This time, through the courtesy of the South Shore Model Railway Club, we will be working in the heated Club building and not in the cold garage.  I hear the sigh of relief from my Mustang, too, as it won't have to be put out in the weather to make room for our work party!
Four samples were flown over especially for presentation at last weekend's Amherst Train Show at "The Big E" in West Springfield, MA.
  They are as beautiful as the Coaches were, and have better rolling trucks to boot!  You will be very happy that you reserved these cars...they are worth the wait!

Enjoy,
Dave 🙂

nhhe52

February 2nd, 2018, 4:30 pm #2

MRAMTRAK wrote: Got word that our Parlors/Parlor-Lounge cars are at Customs in Canada!  Yippee!  We expect them here in Hingham, MA within two weeks and will have a "shipping party" ASAP, to get them out to you folks.  This time, through the courtesy of the South Shore Model Railway Club, we will be working in the heated Club building and not in the cold garage.  I hear the sigh of relief from my Mustang, too, as it won't have to be put out in the weather to make room for our work party!
Four samples were flown over especially for presentation at last weekend's Amherst Train Show at "The Big E" in West Springfield, MA.
  They are as beautiful as the Coaches were, and have better rolling trucks to boot!  You will be very happy that you reserved these cars...they are worth the wait!

Enjoy,
Dave 🙂

The parlor samples I saw at Amherst were better than the coaches!

Ed

NewHavenGeek

February 2nd, 2018, 9:51 pm #3

MRAMTRAK wrote: Got word that our Parlors/Parlor-Lounge cars are at Customs in Canada!  Yippee!  We expect them here in Hingham, MA within two weeks and will have a "shipping party" ASAP, to get them out to you folks.  This time, through the courtesy of the South Shore Model Railway Club, we will be working in the heated Club building and not in the cold garage.  I hear the sigh of relief from my Mustang, too, as it won't have to be put out in the weather to make room for our work party!

Enjoy,
Dave 🙂

can't wait to get my three!

Statkowski

February 2nd, 2018, 10:16 pm #4

NewHavenGeek wrote:
You're gonna hafta.

NewHavenGeek

February 3rd, 2018, 7:49 pm #5

Statkowski wrote:
NewHavenGeek wrote:
You're gonna hafta.
touche

Tom Lapt

February 10th, 2018, 11:48 am #6

Dave, any further idea as to when they'll actually ship?  Also, will you be providing tracking numbers?

Tom Lapointe 

nhhe52

February 17th, 2018, 10:11 am #7

Given we don’t (yet) have LT WT diners and may never have the observation cars, where in the consist should the parlors be placed, at the head or rear of the train?

My understanding is that the NH preference was first class at the head of the train, as opposed to most other rr, but with the addition of the observation cars, say on the Merchants Limited, first class moved to the rear of the train along with a diner, separated by a combine or other typical head end car from the coaches.

Ed

Statkowski

February 17th, 2018, 10:44 am #8

When the obs cars were obtained for the Merchants, the entire train was First Class.  No coaches, no head-end cars.  If a combine was in the mix, it was a baggage-parlor.

TomCurtin

February 18th, 2018, 6:56 am #9

nhhe52 wrote:
My understanding is that the NH preference was first class at the head of the train, as opposed to most other rr, but with the addition of the observation cars, say on the Merchants Limited, first class moved to the rear of the train along with a diner, separated by a combine or other typical head end car from the coaches.

Ed
The Merchants consist you're describing operated that way for a couple of years beginning in June 1949.  Specifically, it was:

Grill car
Coaches (only a few)
County baggage lounge car
parlors
2 diners
parlors
Hill obs car

nhhe52

February 18th, 2018, 6:26 pm #10

Thanks guys:

So, given we don’t (yet) have LT WT diners or observations cars, where do we place the parlors vs the coaches?

Ed