THE PARLORS ARE ON THE CONTINENT!

MRAMTRAK
Member
Joined: February 15th, 2015, 12:16 pm

February 2nd, 2018, 12:16 pm #1

Got word that our Parlors/Parlor-Lounge cars are at Customs in Canada!  Yippee!  We expect them here in Hingham, MA within two weeks and will have a "shipping party" ASAP, to get them out to you folks.  This time, through the courtesy of the South Shore Model Railway Club, we will be working in the heated Club building and not in the cold garage.  I hear the sigh of relief from my Mustang, too, as it won't have to be put out in the weather to make room for our work party!
Four samples were flown over especially for presentation at last weekend's Amherst Train Show at "The Big E" in West Springfield, MA.
  They are as beautiful as the Coaches were, and have better rolling trucks to boot!  You will be very happy that you reserved these cars...they are worth the wait!

Enjoy,
Dave 🙂

Quote
Like
Share

nhhe52
Member
Joined: March 26th, 2004, 12:19 am

February 2nd, 2018, 4:30 pm #2

MRAMTRAK wrote: Got word that our Parlors/Parlor-Lounge cars are at Customs in Canada!  Yippee!  We expect them here in Hingham, MA within two weeks and will have a "shipping party" ASAP, to get them out to you folks.  This time, through the courtesy of the South Shore Model Railway Club, we will be working in the heated Club building and not in the cold garage.  I hear the sigh of relief from my Mustang, too, as it won't have to be put out in the weather to make room for our work party!
Four samples were flown over especially for presentation at last weekend's Amherst Train Show at "The Big E" in West Springfield, MA.
  They are as beautiful as the Coaches were, and have better rolling trucks to boot!  You will be very happy that you reserved these cars...they are worth the wait!

Enjoy,
Dave 🙂

The parlor samples I saw at Amherst were better than the coaches!

Ed
Quote
Like
Share

NewHavenGeek
Member
Joined: November 1st, 2017, 7:52 pm

February 2nd, 2018, 9:51 pm #3

MRAMTRAK wrote: Got word that our Parlors/Parlor-Lounge cars are at Customs in Canada!  Yippee!  We expect them here in Hingham, MA within two weeks and will have a "shipping party" ASAP, to get them out to you folks.  This time, through the courtesy of the South Shore Model Railway Club, we will be working in the heated Club building and not in the cold garage.  I hear the sigh of relief from my Mustang, too, as it won't have to be put out in the weather to make room for our work party!
Four samples were flown over especially for presentation at last weekend's Amherst Train Show at "The Big E" in West Springfield, MA.
  They are as beautiful as the Coaches were, and have better rolling trucks to boot!  You will be very happy that you reserved these cars...they are worth the wait!

Enjoy,
Dave 🙂


can't wait to get my three!
Quote
Like
Share

Statkowski
Member
Joined: March 5th, 2003, 4:39 am

February 2nd, 2018, 10:16 pm #4

NewHavenGeek wrote:
can't wait to get my three!
You're gonna hafta.
Quote
Like
Share

NewHavenGeek
Member
Joined: November 1st, 2017, 7:52 pm

February 3rd, 2018, 7:49 pm #5

Statkowski wrote:
NewHavenGeek wrote:
can't wait to get my three!
You're gonna hafta.
touche
Quote
Like
Share

Tom Lapt
Member
Joined: March 17th, 2016, 9:30 am

February 10th, 2018, 11:48 am #6

Dave, any further idea as to when they'll actually ship?  Also, will you be providing tracking numbers?

Tom Lapointe 
Quote
Like
Share

nhhe52
Member
Joined: March 26th, 2004, 12:19 am

February 17th, 2018, 10:11 am #7

Given we don’t (yet) have LT WT diners and may never have the observation cars, where in the consist should the parlors be placed, at the head or rear of the train?

My understanding is that the NH preference was first class at the head of the train, as opposed to most other rr, but with the addition of the observation cars, say on the Merchants Limited, first class moved to the rear of the train along with a diner, separated by a combine or other typical head end car from the coaches.

Ed
Quote
Like
Share

Statkowski
Member
Joined: March 5th, 2003, 4:39 am

February 17th, 2018, 10:44 am #8

When the obs cars were obtained for the Merchants, the entire train was First Class.  No coaches, no head-end cars.  If a combine was in the mix, it was a baggage-parlor.
Quote
Like
Share

TomCurtin
Member
Joined: July 13th, 2017, 10:13 am

February 18th, 2018, 6:56 am #9

nhhe52 wrote:
My understanding is that the NH preference was first class at the head of the train, as opposed to most other rr, but with the addition of the observation cars, say on the Merchants Limited, first class moved to the rear of the train along with a diner, separated by a combine or other typical head end car from the coaches.

Ed
The Merchants consist you're describing operated that way for a couple of years beginning in June 1949.  Specifically, it was:

Grill car
Coaches (only a few)
County baggage lounge car
parlors
2 diners
parlors
Hill obs car
Quote
Like
Share

nhhe52
Member
Joined: March 26th, 2004, 12:19 am

February 18th, 2018, 6:26 pm #10

Thanks guys:

So, given we don’t (yet) have LT WT diners or observations cars, where do we place the parlors vs the coaches?

Ed
Quote
Like
Share