THE PARLORS ARE ON THE CONTINENT!

An open forum to discuss all aspects of the New Haven Railroad.
Statkowski

February 28th, 2018, 4:15 pm #51

So I go to the post office on Wednesday morning. I already know there's a package there waiting for me (my parlor car, shipped from Hingham, Mass.). I pull into the parking lot (I'm the only one there), enter the main room and pull all the stuff out of my post office box. Yes, there's the yellow card in with everything else. But, instead of going straight in to the business section to retrieve my package, first I sort through my mail, tossing unwanted crap into the recycle bin available for such. Apparently I took too long doing this because the office door opened up and Liz, the postal clerk, wanted to know what was taking so long. She had already placed my package onto the customer counter, ready to scan it as delivered, and here I was, dawdling away, disposing of unwanted crap. Gotta love small town America.

nhhe52

February 28th, 2018, 6:31 pm #52

Received order:

Thanks everyone.

Ed

rsullivan

February 28th, 2018, 9:27 pm #53

Just got two emails from the post office that I have two packages with shipping labels on them from someone up in Accord, Mass. Looking forward to my named un-named cars. I guess one box is for the cars and the other for the interiors. 😁
Richard (short form) #3967

Ed ORourke

March 1st, 2018, 11:14 am #54

Got mine in Syracuse.

Ed

rsullivan

March 2nd, 2018, 8:44 am #55

Mr. Clinton. Mr. Mueller wrote on another thread, "John - On an unrelated issue, I have not received mine yet. I think it is lost somewhere in the USPS system. We are in Florida and our mail is supposedly being forwarded but..... Do you have tracking number so I can try and figure out what’s going on.  Thanks Jim. By the way you guys have done an exemplary job.
James R Mueller
4 Stonewall Road
Palmyra, VA 2301-3324"
     I reposted it here so you might see his question and help him.

newhaven45

March 2nd, 2018, 1:43 pm #56

Thank you Dave Clinton and your hard working crew for gathering together all the different cars to fill all the orders. Mine arrived in good order yesterday here in Central California. Also to all those who worked behind the scenes to supply all the information to Rapido so they were able to design and produce these very fine parlor cars. Thanks to all.

rsullivan

March 2nd, 2018, 2:58 pm #57

The suspense has me on the edge of a precipice. Both of my boxes arrived at the Accord USPS Post Office and entered into the tracking system within minutes of each other. One arrived at the Evansville USPS Regional Destination Facility this morning at 0225 (2:25 am), while the other departed the Nashua USPS Regional Destination Facility this afternoon at 1257 (12:57 pm). Tomorrow will I be receiving my box of interiors? Will they be my named un-named cars? Good thing I have seven beer glasses, four napkin holders, two beer taps, and two snack bowls to place inside a HO scale bar & grill. Then position the interior light so the foil tv screen will reflect the light an appear to be on since everyone is watching it. Oh the suspense and waiting is making me talk out loud on the Forum😁 But, I was worried that both boxes together might be too large to fit in my rural postal carrier's compact car at the same time. Now I have to worry if even one box will fit. If it doesn't, I'll have to make two trips to the Calvert City USPS Post Office to pick them up. 😗

rsullivan

March 3rd, 2018, 1:14 pm #58

Just received my first box while the second sits at the USPS Regional Destination Facility - Louisville KY Distribution Center since 0625 (6:25 am) this morning. USPS claims I'll see my package delivered by Monday. I'm not going to cross anything since it was suppose to go to the Evansville USPS Regional Destination Facility. Just commenting since this has nothing to do with the great work Mr. Clinton and crew did to get these parlor / parlor-lounge model passenger cars out to all of us. I am ecstatic over my Rapido #17112 #310 Torrington in delivery scheme and Rapido #17112 #305 Woonsocket in delivery scheme. I like the added bonus of extra seats that can be used on older models that don't have interiors. Wow, what a deal that I never expected!
     Now to wait for box #2 which should have more than a few more. Thanks again Mr. Clinton and crew for the extra work on these two cars plus getting all of them out to us.
Richard H. Sullivan, Jr.  member #3967

March 5th, 2018, 3:22 pm #59

My parlor cars have returned to Canada, and $34.75 (customs) later, they are now actually mine. I agree with all the positive comments; they are up certainly to Rapido standards and I once again extend my thanks and appreciation to all involved, at both Rapido and the Association, for making this happen. A few years ago, who would have thought? We are fortunate indeed. 

Derek Thompson
Toronto, Ontario

rsullivan

March 6th, 2018, 3:53 pm #60

My second box arrived yesterday, and I have finished looking at my awesome Rapido Trains Parlor and Parlor-Lounge cars. My four other named un-named 36 car parlors were in with my 19 named parlor and parlor-lounge cars. Thank you Mr. Clinton and crew for the work in getting these out to us, and especially for the decal work. I now have 17112 #313 Pawtucket, #306 Cranston, and #309 Stonington in the delivery scheme, and 17134 # 323 Taunton in the McGinnis scheme with skirts. Having all six un-named cars decaled for only $12 is more than a fantastic deal. It was probably the best deal anyone could hope for since it probably would cost more in materials to do it yourself. Thanks again.