NH in VA

February 26th, 2018, 1:42 pm #41

Dave -
Thanks for the efforts and glad your Mustang was spared the Winter while this was done.
Does your note about the PO pickup apply to the larger multiple car orders too? 
John

RanchoBob

February 26th, 2018, 2:42 pm #42

MRAMTRAK wrote: Parlors were picked up by our local Post Office this morning at 9 a.m.  So, you local folks should have yours tomorrow and everyone else in the Continental U.S. by the end of the week.

Yippeee....it's almost done....enjoy these beautiful cars.  And with the improved trucks, your FL9 will be able to pull a bunch!

Dave  🙃
You have greater faith than I in our local postal dogs.   I have a small order from MegaHobby that has been sitting in our local P.O. Dist center for 3 extra days for no reason.

MRAMTRAK

February 26th, 2018, 3:17 pm #43

NH in VA wrote: Dave -
Thanks for the efforts and glad your Mustang was spared the Winter while this was done.
Does your note about the PO pickup apply to the larger multiple car orders too? 
John
No, John.  I got some boxes at Staples this a.m. and I will be fooling with them tomorrow.  Will let you folks know when they go out.
Dave

mredden

February 27th, 2018, 12:29 pm #44

The Post Office just delivered five Parlor Cars to me here in Boylston, MA. I have a little work to do to assemble the interiors as I've ordered un-named cars. 

Dave, thanks for including the instruction sheet for assembling the un-named cars. Great job on the instructions. I'll have to get some passengers "so they can ride luxuriously in New Haven style!" like Dave says on the instruction sheet. Does anyone have any recommendations for passengers?

Thank you Dave, your shipping team, the NHRHTA and Rapido for your efforts.

Mike Redden

RanchoBob

February 27th, 2018, 1:09 pm #45

Just put "Seated HO Scale Passengers" in Google and a lot shows up.   Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be enough "Mad Men" in grey flannel suits!   

rsullivan

February 27th, 2018, 2:26 pm #46

RanchoBob wrote: Just put "Seated HO Scale Passengers" in Google and a lot shows up.   Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be enough "Mad Men" in grey flannel suits!   
Mr. RachoBob. I use various shades of gray (grey/gris for Mr. Derek and others north of the 49th parallel) acrylic paints to paint and repaint over the inappropriate pink, purple, and bright green suits on the figures. I take a tv tray, a piece of newspaper, a handfull of figures, a bowl of water and paper towels, and a row of paint tubes on the floor. Then I do an assembly line job while watching tv. I can usually get 20 to 30 done in one night. I went to this method once I found that just an india ink and alcohol wash doesn't change them enough for the period models of the transition era. I guess if you are modeling the post-New Haven era cars, those colors would be appropriate.
Richard (short form) #3967

RanchoBob

February 27th, 2018, 2:32 pm #47

rsullivan wrote:
RanchoBob wrote: Just put "Seated HO Scale Passengers" in Google and a lot shows up.   Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be enough "Mad Men" in grey flannel suits!   
Mr. RachoBob. I use various shades of gray (grey/gris for Mr. Derek and others north of the 49th parallel) acrylic paints to paint and repaint over the inappropriate pink, purple, and bright green suits on the figures. I take a tv tray, a piece of newspaper, a handfull of figures, a bowl of water and paper towels, and a row of paint tubes on the floor. Then I do an assembly line job while watching tv. I can usually get 20 to 30 done in one night. I went to this method once I found that just an india ink and alcohol wash doesn't change them enough for the period models of the transition era. I guess if you are modeling the post-New Haven era cars, those colors would be appropriate.
Richard (short form) #3967
Sounds like a plan.   Some of the women, you could leave.   Shopping trips into New York, or.    But when you are modeling the 5:15 "cocktail" Special, they gotta be Madison Avenue!  

MRAMTRAK

February 27th, 2018, 7:44 pm #48

Mike, I use Preiser #14416.  I believe there are 4-dozen seated passenger.  They were recently on sale at Walthers. All different people and these are nicely-painted metal figures from Germany.

Have fun,
Dave

bogman102

February 28th, 2018, 3:59 pm #49

Got my order today in Florida! Thanks Dave and crew for all your efforts!

RanchoBob

February 28th, 2018, 4:01 pm #50

FYI...4 very nice Parlors arrived via the Advance Merchants Limited today - also in FLORIDA.    Thanks to all of you!!!!