The Hartford Line

nhhe52

April 24th, 2018, 2:35 pm #1

The Hartford Line opens June 16, 2018, with free rides all weekends.  Hopefully they'll run the P32AC-DM and a feew GP-40's in NH livery.
I know there is a post that CT Rail is to do away with the NH livery.

http://www.hartfordline.com/
traintesting.JPG
7470193308_3c76a18bd7_z.jpg
GP-40.jpg
Last edited by nhhe52 on May 7th, 2018, 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Statkowski

April 24th, 2018, 4:00 pm #2

So someone came up with the bright idea to single-track a double-track line, and another person came up with the bright idea to double-track the single-track line, again.  Both geniuses probably got a bonus or award for their idea, and I'm sure the cost of rectifying the situation far exceeded any savings accrued from creating the problem in the first place.

Progress - It ain't broke so we gotta fix it, and then we gotta fix what we fixed.

nhhe52

April 24th, 2018, 4:05 pm #3

Statkowski wrote: So someone came up with the bright idea to single-track a double-track line, and another person came up with the bright idea to double-track the single-track line, again.  Both geniuses probably got a bonus or award for their idea, and I'm sure the cost of rectifying the situation far exceeded any savings accrued from creating the problem in the first place.

Progress - It ain't broke so we gotta fix it, and then we gotta fix what we fixed.
Can the new NYW&B be far beghind.  :)

Ed

rsullivan

April 24th, 2018, 5:50 pm #4

Neat, but will there be a passenger connection at Springfield to other destinations? I noticed all the former New Haven passenger stations have been rebuilt 😭 and some have an "automatic snowmelt system" so that the old Barber-Greene snowmelters with J-1's won't have to be rebuilt.😚 Shame since it would have been great to watch those long string being pushed through the stations and dumping the melted water off the sides of bridges. (I'm sure the EPA doesn't have any rules against that.😆)
Richard H. Sullivan, Jr.  member #3967

Statkowski

April 24th, 2018, 7:37 pm #5

rsullivan wrote: Neat, but will there be a passenger connection at Springfield to other destinations?
Well, you've got one train going north to St. Albans, Vermont, plus one eastward to Boston, Massachusetts, and one westward to Chicago, Illinois.   

jws021
jws021

April 24th, 2018, 7:47 pm #6

Statkowski wrote:
rsullivan wrote: Neat, but will there be a passenger connection at Springfield to other destinations?
Well, you've got one train going north to St. Albans, Vermont, plus one eastward to Boston, Massachusetts, and one westward to Chicago, Illinois.   
Well, Boston commuter rail runs as far as Worcester on the old B & A and Worcester and Springfield are only about 60 miles apart. Any bets on what MA does or doesn't decide to do?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Frank R
Frank R

April 25th, 2018, 1:30 am #7

Anybody know if it'd be possible (or practical) to get to/from Bradley Airport from the Windsor or Windsor Locks stop?  Will there be any sort of bus, limo, shuttle, whatever?

rsullivan

April 25th, 2018, 8:56 am #8

Mr. Frank R. From the Bradley International Airport website there are buses between the airport and downtown Hartford. Its called 30-Bradley Flyer service. From the Local Buses webpage at http://www.bradleyairport.com/directions/public/, "The 30-Bradley Flyer route provides semi-express bus service to Bradley International Airport for a low local bus fare (the one-way fare, effective December 4, 2016, is $1.75). The Bradley Flyer provides direct service to the Connecticut Convention Center and Union Station in Hartford."
     There are both taxi and limo services available and all the information and limo links are at http://www.bradleyairport.com/direction ... taxi-limo/. Hope this helps out.
Richard (short form) #3967

Goffprof

April 26th, 2018, 12:36 am #9

Statkowski wrote:

Hopefully will be additional Amtrak service via the Hartford Line to Northampton & Greenfield in 2019. 2 extra round trips as “pilot” service. One morning, one later afternoon. Extension of existing Amtrak shuttle service that now ends in Springfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goffprof

April 26th, 2018, 7:04 am #10

Goffprof wrote:
Statkowski wrote:

Hopefully will be additional Amtrak service via the Hartford Line to Northampton & Greenfield in 2019. 2 extra round trips as “pilot” service. One morning, one later afternoon. Extension of existing Amtrak shuttle service that now ends in Springfield.

Other than current Amtrak Hartford Line service at Springfield, the only passenger train for connection to Boston or points west to Chicago is the Lake Shore Limited. The addition of CTRail (CDOT) service in June will add more Hartford Line trains.

This may change in the future if regional service is added to Boston and also points west of Springfield. MA is pro passenger rail. South Coast Rail, Green Line Extension, and other service improvements are in progress now with pilot service to Foxboro planned to start after track improvements are complete.

Al