Telegraphic Office Calls

guguwich
guguwich

March 5th, 2018, 11:03 am #1

I am doing my best to preserve the old office calls, but no luck so far with the NH.  I have learned that the station lists from the 1920s contain them.  So far, I have been unable to find a copy for purchase....not a real surprize.  By any chance, would someone have a copy they could scan and send my way?  guguwich@gmail.com.  Thanking you kindly in advance.

Fox NorthStar

March 14th, 2018, 9:14 am #2

There is a digitized one in the UConn railroad archives online.  I don't remember what year it is from.
Christopher

Statkowski

March 14th, 2018, 2:34 pm #3

I believe by 1927 the New Haven had totally switched over from telegraph to telephone.  The remaining "telegraph" offices in Grand Central, New Haven, Hartford, Providence and Boston were really teletype offices.  Once the old technology was replaced with something newer, it was promptly forgotten.  A few names ("NW" for the former S.S. 23 location) lasted on for convenience.

guguwich
guguwich

March 15th, 2018, 8:04 am #4

ChristopherParker wrote: There is a digitized one in the UConn railroad archives online.  I don't remember what year it is from.
Christopher
If its there, I cant find it.  I just spent 3 hours wading through that mess as UConn, and no luck.  Any idea of an effective link to get me close?

March 15th, 2018, 8:42 am #5

Off the top of my head, no.  I know it is there because I found it while looking for freight customer information (which it does not have).