RAPIDO PARLOR CAR UP-DATE

An open forum to discuss all aspects of the New Haven Railroad.

RAPIDO PARLOR CAR UP-DATE

MRAMTRAK
Member
Joined: February 15th, 2015, 12:16 pm

December 27th, 2017, 10:23 am #1

From Jason's latest newsletter (#96), it seems that the Parlors will get to them in Toronto by the end of January. So, should get to the "Hingham Distribution Center" during the first two weeks of February, which is good, as I didn't want to deal with these right before "The Big E" in West Springfield!

For those who promised to pay with check, please send your checks in now, so that I don't have to send you a letter. Since, if I have your check in hand, you will have your cars sent right out.

For those who promised payment by Credit Card, I am going to have to confirm the card with each of you, to avoid the huge problem we had with the coaches, where so many people had changed cards or exp. dates because of the length of time between ordering and delivery. This will be a shit-ton of work, so if you could email me with the last 3 digits of your card and expiration date, I won't have to email you, unless I find a different number on the order form. If you know you have changed cards, since reserving the cars, then please give me the new number, expiration date and security code.  Certainly, if your card changes between now and the beginning of February, please let me know!  

PLEASE DON'T SEND YOUR INFORMATION BY REPLYING TO THIS POST!  Use my personal communications:

Email:  daveclinton@verizon.net
Phone calls work, too:  781-749-7986

Thanks for your support of this great project, which should "inspire" Jason to do more cars for us! 🙂

Happy New year!


Dave Clinton
NHRHTA
PO Box 289
Accord, MA 02018
Reply
Like
Share

Statkowski
Member
Joined: March 5th, 2003, 4:39 am

December 27th, 2017, 12:30 pm #2

Nothing to see here.  Message erased.  Move on.
Last edited by Statkowski on December 28th, 2017, 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reply
Like
Share

Joined: August 4th, 2017, 5:23 pm

December 27th, 2017, 4:54 pm #3

Dave, thanks for the update.

Rick
Reply
Like
Share

MRAMTRAK
Member
Joined: February 15th, 2015, 12:16 pm

December 27th, 2017, 10:47 pm #4

MRAMTRAK wrote: From Jason's latest newsletter (#96), it seems that the Parlors will get to them in Toronto by the end of January. So, should get to the "Hingham Distribution Center" during the first two weeks of February, which is good, as I didn't want to deal with these right before "The Big E" in West Springfield!

For those who promised to pay with check, please send your checks in now, so that I don't have to send you a letter. Since, if I have your check in hand, you will have your cars sent right out.

For those who promised payment by Credit Card, I am going to have to confirm the card with each of you, to avoid the huge problem we had with the coaches, where so many people had changed cards or exp. dates because of the length of time between ordering and delivery. This will be a shit-ton of work, so if you could email me with the last 3 digits of your card and expiration date, I won't have to email you, unless I find a different number on the order form. If you know you have changed cards, since reserving the cars, then please give me the new number, expiration date and security code.  Certainly, if your card changes between now and the beginning of February, please let me know!  

PLEASE DON'T SEND YOUR INFORMATION BY REPLYING TO THIS POST!  Use my personal communications:

Email:  daveclinton@verizon.net
Phone calls work, too:  781-749-7986

Thanks for your support of this great project, which should "inspire" Jason to do more cars for us! 🙂

Happy New year!


Dave Clinton
NHRHTA
PO Box 289
Accord, MA 02018
By the way....checks should be made payable to NHRHTA.
Also, please use my email address to ask any questions about your order. It's no one else's business.
Reply
Like
Share

nhhe52
Member
Joined: March 26th, 2004, 12:19 am

January 4th, 2018, 7:42 pm #5

MRAMTRAK wrote: From Jason's latest newsletter (#96), it seems that the Parlors will get to them in Toronto by the end of January. So, should get to the "Hingham Distribution Center" during the first two weeks of February, which is good, as I didn't want to deal with these right before "The Big E" in West Springfield!

For those who promised to pay with check, please send your checks in now, so that I don't have to send you a letter. Since, if I have your check in hand, you will have your cars sent right out.

For those who promised payment by Credit Card, I am going to have to confirm the card with each of you, to avoid the huge problem we had with the coaches, where so many people had changed cards or exp. dates because of the length of time between ordering and delivery. This will be a shit-ton of work, so if you could email me with the last 3 digits of your card and expiration date, I won't have to email you, unless I find a different number on the order form. If you know you have changed cards, since reserving the cars, then please give me the new number, expiration date and security code.  Certainly, if your card changes between now and the beginning of February, please let me know!  

PLEASE DON'T SEND YOUR INFORMATION BY REPLYING TO THIS POST!  Use my personal communications:

Email:  daveclinton@verizon.net
Phone calls work, too:  781-749-7986

Thanks for your support of this great project, which should "inspire" Jason to do more cars for us! 🙂

Happy New year!


Dave Clinton
NHRHTA
PO Box 289
Accord, MA 02018
Thanks Dave:
I’ll reply by email .

Ed
Reply
Like
Share

nhhe52
Member
Joined: March 26th, 2004, 12:19 am

January 22nd, 2018, 6:27 pm #6

So . . . what’s next in the series, grills and diners, combines or something else or all three and the observations!😀

I vote for diners and grills.  Everyone wants them, right?

Ed
Reply
Like
Share

nhhe52
Member
Joined: March 26th, 2004, 12:19 am

January 25th, 2018, 3:48 pm #7

nhhe52 wrote: So . . . what’s next in the series, grills and diners, combines or something else or all three and the observations!😀

I vote for diners and grills.  Everyone wants them, right?

Ed
Jason mentioned in his EP-5 video announcement that more New Haven stainless steel cars will be coming.  That's great to hear.

Diners and Grills please.

Jason also mentioned that the parlor wheel sets roll much more freely than those on the previous coaches.  Can the coach wheel sets be replaced with the new parlor wheel sets or would the entire truck need to be replaced to allow them to roll as freely as the paror cars?

Ed
Reply
Like
Share

Statkowski
Member
Joined: March 5th, 2003, 4:39 am

January 25th, 2018, 5:50 pm #8

"Jason also mentioned that the parlor wheel sets roll much more freely than those on the previous coaches.  Can the coach wheel sets be replaced with the new parlor wheel sets or would the entire truck need to be replaced to allow them to roll as freely as the parlor cars?"

Now, now, the added drag on the previous coaches is intended to simulate the lack of pulling power of the prototype FL9.  If I remember correctly, they essentially had a seven-car limit per unit.
Reply
Like
Share

nhhe52
Member
Joined: March 26th, 2004, 12:19 am

January 25th, 2018, 6:01 pm #9

Statkowski wrote: "Jason also mentioned that the parlor wheel sets roll much more freely than those on the previous coaches.  Can the coach wheel sets be replaced with the new parlor wheel sets or would the entire truck need to be replaced to allow them to roll as freely as the parlor cars?"

Now, now, the added drag on the previous coaches is intended to simulate the lack of pulling power of the prototype FL9.  If I remember correctly, they essentially had a seven-car limit per unit.
😀
Reply
Like
Share

Ron High
Member
Joined: June 6th, 2003, 4:08 pm

January 27th, 2018, 5:02 pm #10

nhhe52 wrote:
Statkowski wrote: "Jason also mentioned that the parlor wheel sets roll much more freely than those on the previous coaches.  Can the coach wheel sets be replaced with the new parlor wheel sets or would the entire truck need to be replaced to allow them to roll as freely as the parlor cars?"

Now, now, the added drag on the previous coaches is intended to simulate the lack of pulling power of the prototype FL9.  If I remember correctly, they essentially had a seven-car limit per unit.
😀
I saw some sample Parlors at the Rapido booth at the Amherst Railway Society both a green and a McGinnis they look really good. Rumor was they were going through customs Not sure if that was for arriving in Canada or shipping to our Weymouth Distribution Center but it sounds like they will be here very soon.
Ron High
Reply
Like
Share