RAPIDO Diners

Ron High

September 9th, 2018, 12:32 pm #1

Here is a scanned copy of our diner order form.I am sure a  post of this will be on our web site soon .  When Rapido did the announcement at the show the had some nice slides of the work in progress . These cars will have the usual Rapido attention to detail. They will have the complete kitchen including the cooking odors with a touch of coal stove smoke. I am sure more info on progress will get posted.
John Sheridan and Bill Schneider gave a nice presentation abou CAD design and getting to the production of tooling of the EP5 .I think we got a better understanding of they how and why a model is produced. The EP5 will be real nice.
Ron High
scanDiner.jpg

rsullivan

September 9th, 2018, 2:26 pm #2

Thanks Mr. Ron. I checked and the order form for the Rapido Trains New Haven dining cars is up on the NHRHTA's site. I've printed mine out and have my order for eleven cars going in the mail tomorrow. Yes, I know there were only ten. However, I have two unnamed cars each in the McGinnis Orange with skirts and Delivery Scheme so that way I can have some with the same names in both schemes to go with my two brass sided dining cars I bought from the NHRHTA many years ago. That will give me six in the Delivery Scheme to run between 1949 and 1955, six in the McGinnis Scheme with skirts to run post 1955, and one McGinnis Scheme without skirts to run between 1958 and 1959 on my layout. Maybe you might want a bunch in the various schemes for the different periods on your layouts too.
Richard #3967

Vandibe
Vandibe

September 9th, 2018, 7:26 pm #3

Rapido is going to bankrupt me....

8600s x9
Parlors x6
EP-5 x1
FB-2 x2
RS-11 x3

Can’t wait for the diners!

John Sheridan

September 10th, 2018, 8:38 am #4

For those who are watching.....Place your order as soon as possible. It doesn't cost you anything up-front to pre-order these cars. 

Remember - the success of the current car is the deciding factor in determining if there is another car after this one. If you wait until the last minute to order, we cannot get an idea if these will be a follow-on car until after June 27th, 2019. 

Statkowski

September 10th, 2018, 11:14 am #5

My order went out in the mail this morning.  Doing my part.

nhhe52

September 10th, 2018, 11:33 am #6

Emailed my order this morning.

Ed

nhhe52

September 11th, 2018, 1:17 pm #7

Strange that Rapido doesn't have the Diners page up on its website.

Ed

rapidobill

September 11th, 2018, 2:36 pm #8

Ed,

Because of the reunion we did a quiet launch in Essex Saturday. The Rapido office has been closed the past two days, but we will get a listing up and info to dealers this coming week once everybody has a chance.

Bill

nhhe52

September 11th, 2018, 4:27 pm #9

rapidobill wrote: Ed,

Because of the reunion we did a quiet launch in Essex Saturday. The Rapido office has been closed the past two days, but we will get a listing up and info to dealers this coming week once everybody has a chance.

Bill
Thanks Bill:

Sorry I missed the reunion and visiting with you.   Regarding the drop leaf of the diner dinning tables, there's still time to add a chip and drop them with a DCC function, like my suggestion for the third rail shoes on the NH electrics. :)   

Not sure though how you'd remove the dishes and silverware from the drop leaf.  :)

PS:  I didn't notice the Old Saybrook artwork on the plates?  Save the Merchants Limited I-5 artwork for the Grill Cars.

Ed

rsullivan

September 11th, 2018, 4:41 pm #10

Mr. Ed(nhhe52). 😱 I'm sure with the cost for the retooling, micro piston, installation of the hinges, and making the inside chairs fold into the floor should only add about $500.00 per car.  🤑 For an additional $300.00 a waiter will walk up and sweep up the broken dishes after the drop-leaf function CV is pressed for the specific cars. 😙😁 Of course we will probably see the introduction of the grill cars, County cars, all three Pullman sleeper cars, EP-4's, and EF-3's before all those modifications are completed. 😉
Richard #3967