Rapido Annouced New Haven RS-11

An open forum to discuss all aspects of the New Haven Railroad.
rsullivan

June 28th, 2018, 5:11 pm #21

Mr Stewart. My local hobby shop also gives a 15% discount on Rapido pre-orders because of his distributor. He has an account with Rapido, but has to place his pre-orders through a distributor. When he orders in stock items directly from Rapido, he gives a 20% discount. One of the major online retailers might offer a few percentage points lower price, but you have to pay shipping and at the end of the year my use tax for all purchases plus shipping that no sales taxes were paid. Plus it keeps the local economy going. I'm placing my pre-order with him.
That's my view and opinion.
Richard

EdwardStewart

June 28th, 2018, 6:58 pm #22

James Fellows, Please read Post 17 pertaining to funding, Thank you, Ed

James Fellows

June 29th, 2018, 9:52 am #23

Hi Ed,

For some reason the RS-11 and the Stainless steel cars are mixed up.

Jim

John Sheridan

July 2nd, 2018, 9:39 am #24

Here, let me clarify things a tad - 

The NHRHTA is only involved with the Stainless Steel Cars through Rapido. 

We are NOT directly involved with the EP-5 or the RS-11. We are NOT selling either locomotive through the NHRHTA.

Our only involvement with either of these locomotives was technical assistance with the design, paint, etc. 

rsullivan

July 2nd, 2018, 2:22 pm #25

We New Haven modelers need to be thankful that members of the NHRHTA, such as Mr. Abramson and others on the EP-5 and Mr. Sheridan and others on many of the models, took time out of their schedules to volunteer the information and help in the project development with the various manufacturers such as Rapido Trains and Bethlehem Car Works. For all those who volunteered their service, I thank you very, very much.
Richard #3967

jrmuel
jrmuel

July 3rd, 2018, 9:30 am #26

I have ordered mine through my local distributor.  He gives me a nice discount and I can pick things up locally without paying shipping, although I have a 4.5 % Virginia sales tax.  I believe in supporting local retailers as much as possible.  Have a great 4th.  Jim