NH Insulated Box Car Resin Kit

Peter R Ness

12:01 PM - Oct 08, 2018 #1

I am looking for interest in a resin kit of the New Haven 45000-45099, 40’ Steel Plug Door Insulated Box Cars (XIH) built by Pacific Car and Foundry in 1953. While these cars wore several schemes over the years, they are most noted for the popular red, white and blue “State of Maine” scheme. This will be a one-piece body kit.

If you are interested, please email me at prness”at”roadrunner”dot”com. Please use the title of this topic as the subject of your email. Also please include your name, mailing address and the quantity of kits you will purchase. 50 orders should do the trick. For those who reply I’ll keep you posted of progress towards the goal.

Thanks for your help and support.
Peter Ness

Vandibe
Vandibe

12:35 PM - Oct 08, 2018 #2

Good morning Peter,

I’m in for one in any case, and might be in for more, but would need some additional info like cost per kit, and if couplers, trucks and wheel sets are included in a full kit, or if this is only the correct boxcar body for use in the kit bash discussed along the lines of the other thread.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter R Ness

12:47 PM - Oct 08, 2018 #3

Hi Eric,
A regular full resin kit - correct body, under frame brake wheel housing and wheel, no trucks or couplers. The New Haven used ASF A-3 Ride Control trucks that are commercially available from several manufacturers. Not a kitbash. Price TBD, but most resin kits these days average about $35-$45.  Price depends a lot on quantity ordered. Most resin manufacturers offer a 15-20% price reduction when the quantity hits their own personal point.

Regards,
Peter 

Peter R Ness

1:09 PM - Oct 11, 2018 #4

Dear All,

As of today we stand at 34 units which is a far cry from the minimum 50 needed. 

I will keep this open through the upcoming weekend before calling it quits. The original message follows in case this is your first time reading this.

I am looking for interest in a resin kit of the New Haven 45000-45099, BAR 2000-2299 40’ Steel Plug Door Insulated Box Cars (XIH) built by Pacific Car and Foundry in 1953 for both railroads. 

While these cars wore several schemes over the years, they are most noted for the popular red, white and blue “State of Maine” scheme. This will be a one-piece body kit.

If you are interested, please email me at prness”at”roadrunner”dot”com. Please use the title of this notice as the subject of your email. Also please include your name, mailing address and the quantity of kits you will purchase. 

50 orders should do the trick. For those who reply I’ll keep you posted of progress towards the goal.

Thanks for your help and support.

Peter Ness