Modelling the NH and CV in the 1950's

An open forum to discuss all aspects of the New Haven Railroad.
NH746EJO

July 3rd, 2018, 12:15 pm #31

NEW HAVEN-CENTRAL VERMONT CONNECTION IN NEW LONDON
        Following is a really nice photo of the Winthrop Cove bridge in New London showing N-5-a 2-8-0 467 approaching the New London station to replace New Haven RS-11s for the continuation of a fan trip to Amherst on October 14, 1956.  Note the New Haven Shore Line and concrete bridge; also the 0.38 mile bridge marker and the 15 mph speed limit sign.

I don't know the photographer but wish I had thought to take a shot at the bridge since I was using color slide film -- instead I shot the engine change.  I had crossed the bridge to see 467 at the roundhouse and took the bottom photo which is only so-so because of shooting south into the sun.  The station is only a short walk away.

For my name, just check my CV web site.  I've always used a screen name here.
IMG_0008.jpg Steam0014.jpg

rsullivan

July 3rd, 2018, 3:33 pm #32

Mr. NH746EJO said, "I've always used a screen name here." I like my anonymity also, especially if I try humor. So, I use a nickname too. 😁

I love your posts and pictures on all the threads, so keep right on posting as NH746EJO.
Anonymous