michael78651

March 12th, 2018, 11:04 pm #31

I like it, because  it is the portion of the New Haven that I was most familiar with (outside of the Maybrook along which I grew up) that would let me model all the operations that I liked, including passenger trains. Even though it wasn't NH at the time, when I got my driver license, after school I often took the short drive east on NY Route 55 to Gaylordsville, and drove north on US 7 to Pittsfield and drove back home as quick as possible to beat my father home so I wouldn't have to explain where I was.

Not too often I would go south on US 7 to Danbury. The traffic sucked, and the speed limit was only 40 MPH. At least going north, the speed limit increased in Massachusetts to 55 MPH (the same as in NY).

It is a quaint line to operate, and also the extra trains one can run with Danbury (Danbury Line and Maybrook Line) makes it an easy choice with lots of train action. Plus the B&A freight interchange and passenger traffic at Pittsfield adds a secondary interest.

MRAMTRAK

March 16th, 2018, 10:38 pm #32

<If I can figure out how to open the roof, I'll add some passengers to the car. After all, I have to generate some revenue to pay for the car.>

Michael78651:  You DO NOT take off the roof to get inside...this isn't a Walthers car.  It's very easy to get inside:  remove both couplers/boxes.  Using your fingers, spread the sides of the cars, starting in the middle and shake down....the insides will drop out and you'll have the body shell in your hands. Just like the old Athearn F7s!  After you install your passengers, gently shove the body back onto the chassis and re-attach the couplers/boxes.
Have fun,
Dave

michael78651

March 16th, 2018, 10:46 pm #33

Thank you, but remember that to get at the seats in the Osgood Bradley cars you have to take off the roof.

MRAMTRAK

March 17th, 2018, 11:10 am #34

Ya, but they were an entirely different "kettle of fish" from the Coaches, which came out two years ago. Haven't you put people in your coaches yet?
Dave

March 17th, 2018, 11:41 am #35

Dave:
I have a "behind" parked in the seats in my Osgood-Bradleys', the 8600s and the parlors. Empty seats look like bowling alley cars, plus the fact empty seats don't generate revenue!
Rick

michael78651

March 28th, 2018, 9:57 pm #36

Yes, I have passengers in my OB cars. I haven't had much time for modeling this past year, so the stainless cars aren't populated yet.