nhhe52

8:21 PM - May 02, 2018 #11

nhhe52 wrote:
Richard Abramson wrote: IF, and I stress IF, MTH were to produce an EP-3 and/or EF-3b in HO, would there be any interest in them? PLEASE DO NOT CALL MTH AND ASK IF/WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN, IF AT ALL.

Rick
But of course, one of each in each paint scheme offered.  That’s a bunch of models!

What about the EP-4 while they are at it?

Ed
PS:  I’d prefer Rapido made them as they would be of superior quality and prototypical detail in my opinion.  MTH makes very nice toy trains.  Rapido makes scale models of trains.

Ed

8:31 PM - May 02, 2018 #12

I have in HO 2 MTH MILW Little Joes and 2 MTH Bi-Polars and an MTH Erie Triplex and they are all beautiful and run equally as well!

nhhe52

8:51 PM - May 02, 2018 #13

I also have an MTH Little Joe and Bi Polar.  I agree they look great and perform great and are great value for the cost.  But lack the dedication to detail that Rapido has shown with its models.  Yes, Rapido has had some minor issues from time to time, all of which its has offered to correct at its expense to the satisfaction of its customers.

Ed

nhhe52

8:57 PM - May 02, 2018 #14

nhhe52 wrote: I also have an MTH Little Joe and Bi Polar.  I agree they look great and perform great and are great value for the cost.  But lack the dedication to detail that Rapido has shown with its models.  Yes, Rapido has had some minor issues from time to time, all of which its has offered to correct at its expense to the satisfaction of its customers.

Ed
PS:   Rapido detail is the best with the exception of operable or extended 3rd rail shoes on the FL-9 and as proposed for the Jet.  :)

Ed

10:38 PM - May 02, 2018 #15

Oh man... I wish that EP-5 that Rapido is making and even those EP-3 and EF-3b would've been in N scale.

RApplegate

10:41 PM - May 02, 2018 #16

Yes, either or both would be of interest!   N Scale would be great as well.

rsullivan

11:18 PM - May 02, 2018 #17

MTH EF-3b verses Rapido Trains EF-3b? I'm not familiar with the running qualities of the MTH locomotives in HO scale since I haven't ran them on a layout or test track yet. I have to say the same for my recent Rapido Trains locomotives too. The details on my MTH locomotives are very good, and the details on my Rapido Trains locomotives is over the top. There was also a considerable differences in the prices. The old adage "that you get what you pay for" applies to modeling too in my opinion. Here are two examples of the O scale MTH EF-3b that I have for modeling purposes and I don't recall their sources. 
NH RR EF-3 pic 12.jpg
MTH O scale EF-3b
MTH O scale EF-3b
NH RR EF-3 pic 17.jpg
MTH O scale EF-3b
MTH O scale EF-3b

If MTH puts the same level of detailing in the HO scale version as the O scale version, I will be very, very happy with the model. I doubt that it would have the tinplate style truck chassis though. Rapido is planning many years out, and MTH is probably doing the same. If MTH might consider doing an EP-3 or EF-3b in HO scale within the next year or two, that is great. Rapdio hinted at an electric maybe three to four years ago, and announced the EP-5 model being a possibility about 18 months ago. Now the order deadline is September 17, 2018 and the release is early 2019. If MTH's delivery date is in 2019, that should be very welcomed with everyone (except maybe with their wallets and significant others).
That's my two-cents (US) worth of opinion regarding who would manufacture them.
Richard (short form) #3967

michael78651

2:32 AM - May 03, 2018 #18

I don't run electrics, but I do have a Jet and a Brick in my display case. I could be in for one (maybe one of each) if the price was reasonable for my wallet. I'm still trying to recover from all the recent Rapido releases.

8:31 AM - May 03, 2018 #19

Michael:
FYI, the only "bricks" on the NH were in buildings. If you are referring to the EF-4s, they were known as "Virginians", never "bricks."

8:32 AM - May 03, 2018 #20

MTH also did a great job on their O-Scale EP-3.