Coke Zero

June 16th, 2018, 1:48 pm #1

Rode the new service today from New Haven to Springfield and return. See attached photos of train in NHV and SPG. The engineer was wearing a hat with the "NH" and all the train service personnel name badges are b/w/r with the "NH." Coke Zero 1.JPG

June 16th, 2018, 1:50 pm #2

In Springfield. Coke Zero 2.JPG

NHJJ4
NHJJ4

June 16th, 2018, 3:33 pm #3

Yut - Ta - Hay !! I just hope the  units out west don't get re painted But being a nice guy 
thank's for the pictures Rick.

Jim

rsullivan

June 16th, 2018, 3:51 pm #4

Well, it is a reminder of a totally new image akin to the new image brought by McGinnis in 1956. A black/red/white locomotive done up in what can be considered a "Matterish" scheme carried over to the coaches with the white bottom (mostly) akin to the white bottomed early version of the Osgood-Bradley coaches' short-lived early black knight scheme. Makes me wonder how much work will be needed to keep the shine up and the white coaches white? Thanks for the photos. I wonder what was the percentage of New Haven fans who didn't care for the scheme changes by Pat McGinnis? Just musing out loud. Thanks very much for sharing the pictures.
Richard H. Sullivan, Jr  member #3967

June 16th, 2018, 4:33 pm #5

The "NH" made sense and it obviously meant "New Haven." Have no idea what the connection is with this logo and a RR.
Many of the psgrs we chatted with on the train called it "Coke Zero." I suspect this will not go away anytime too soon.

jkasey
jkasey

June 16th, 2018, 7:16 pm #6

Beautiful photos. Very attractive scheme. When are you gonna paint one Rick?

June 16th, 2018, 11:22 pm #7

John:  NOT!!!

Statkowski

June 17th, 2018, 7:20 am #8

Richard Abramson wrote: Many of the psgrs we chatted with on the train called it "Coke Zero." I suspect this will not go away anytime too soon.
And way back when, many of the passengers referred to the 4400s as "gutbusters."  Another name that stuck.

rsullivan

June 17th, 2018, 7:38 am #9

I wasn't able to find the origins of the CTrail logo used on the trains on the ConnDOT website. I believe it comes out of the CTfastrak program that started being announced back in 2013. The first buses under the CTfastrak program in 2015 used this logo.  Sometimes the right part of the logo is blue and most times it is green. 
      Really looking at the logo for a long time I noticed that it can be a Ct. The "C" being the pac-man head, the "t" being the crossed lines, and the space to the right being colored in for balance. Since the Canadian Pacific already uses the pac-man design in their logo, the ConnDOT added the Western Maryland's speedwriting slant to the logo.
      Maybe the office of the CTfastrak has an explanation of the logo, but it isn't in any of the press releases going back to 2012.
      Mr. Abramson. I agree with your "NOT!!!" However, I would bet dollar to donut that we will see this scheme on models within the next decade. But, not yours.
Richard H. Sullivan, Jr.  member #3967

rfranzosa

June 17th, 2018, 5:46 pm #10

While I’m not sure how I feel about the logo, it’s great to see expanded rail service on the Springfield line... and I do drink Coke Zero, so there’s that...😊

Rick Franzosa