Bowser U 25 s

NHJJ4
NHJJ4

5:27 PM - Aug 05, 2018 #1

Hay kid's,

A while back I was talking to Lee about parts for my C 628,630s. He sent me back to the back room to speak with a member of the staff.
  It would seam there is a new body or bodies out there. I talked to the guy and ordered 1 he told me that the  plastic part on top and the metal screen had been replaced with Cast on grill & screen ( real nice job ) But what peaked my entrust  was other than that is the fact that they now have OPEN number boards and class lights both ends. They didn't move the class lights. There is a new cab as well open number boards.
   I got a while back an SP U25 Bi Centennial  unit brand new in the box $ 60 bucks ! Well when I got it home I found out that the handrails were wrong for SP. Would seam that SP and others had Extended Range Dynamic Brakes which is real easy to spot.
  The raised box on the rear goes to the steps so the hand rails are hi to the rear then drop off. Lee now makes a set of hand rails to do ALL !! U 25s in 1 pack Think it was $ 7.00 a set  And the extended range dynamic brake parts are these as well Left 7 Right part think each was $.50  You can do a Ph 2 like NH or a Ph 2 with Extended range dynamic brakes and Ph 4 set as well ALL in the kit so 1 kit you can do at least 2 units a Ph 2 and Ph 4 unit. NOW !! Take head  They are real thin as in almost scale. I was using a sprue cutter  and holding the parts well I broke it. lay it on glass or what ever and cut them out. AND Clarence the holes first !!
  Now the big thing on the body they are almost correct for New Haven there are  6 short doors 8 tall engine doors and !! 4 short doors just like New Haven But unlike New haven the Engine door latches are at the top of the door's not in line with the top latches on the short doors. There new units will be almost correct for NH And a quick glance on the site showed a unit with ALL door latches in line. The roof exhaust area is new as well a recess for an exhaust stack and 2 roof hatches behind it My Compliments to Lee & the Crew at Bowser
  Jim

9:16 AM - Aug 07, 2018 #2

I believe the U25s were re-tooled.

NHJJ4
NHJJ4

9:33 AM - Aug 07, 2018 #3

From the one  Ph 4 body I got you are right. But per Lee ya can't buy the already drilled side sill for the late hand rails as of yet ? Think that is done in China. But from the pictures he has up on the web site We may get a correct NH Body  some time down the line. As long as he keeps the old style side doors to cover the likes of ATSF & others 6 short 8 tall 4 tall set up. Now to get ( Archer ) to make the GE door latches like the EMD they just came out with and we will be set.
Jim