Alert cdot killing off nh logo

An open forum to discuss all aspects of the New Haven Railroad.
Joined: August 4th, 2017, 5:23 pm

March 17th, 2018, 11:38 am #11

As I posted earlier, that CDOT logo is awful!
Quote
Like
Share

Bill Sample
Member
Joined: June 21st, 2003, 4:26 am

March 30th, 2018, 7:40 am #12

I started thinking of it as "CDOT Trustee's" but I am getting to like "Coke Zero" better.  "penncentral paint scheme's look good" - Sorry, Mr flatcar, not for me!
I agree with BX10 and rsullivan.  The New Haven gave us about 13 years of the New Image.  Not sure what year CDOT adopted it but I sure it lasted well over twice as long - not even 'the Standard Railroad of the World was so honored. .  Thanks for doing that, CDOT, plus your donations of former NH equipment to preservation homes.
Quote
Like
Share

jkasey
Member
jkasey
Member
Joined: July 6th, 2017, 10:31 am

March 30th, 2018, 11:48 am #13

I was in New Haven earlier today & observed from a building next to the yard that there were only four FL9s there.

John
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:43 pm

April 2nd, 2018, 7:21 pm #14

Oh god, I thought CTDot will keep these NH logos since it represents history!
Quote
Like
Share

rsullivan
Member
Joined: December 14th, 2016, 3:36 pm

April 2nd, 2018, 11:37 pm #15

Solomon Shtrom wrote: Oh god, I thought CTDot will keep these NH logos since it represents history!
Mr. Shtrom. History is no longer important in our country, unfortunately.
Richard (short form) #3967
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:43 pm

April 3rd, 2018, 11:36 am #16

I guess people doesn't care about history anymore? If so then that's not right.
Quote
Like
Share

johnmcboston
Member
Joined: May 20th, 2011, 8:27 pm

April 8th, 2018, 10:33 am #17

Is NH really going away, or is someone assuming the new hartford paint scheme will propagate to the other lines?
Quote
Like
Share

flatcar99
Member
Joined: July 22nd, 2017, 2:53 pm

April 8th, 2018, 6:05 pm #18

johnmcboston wrote: Is NH really going away, or is someone assuming the new hartford paint scheme will propagate to the other lines?
Yep cdot has stated all nh logos to removed as each engine is rebuilt NH paint scheme will be gone by this summer
Quote
Like
Share

DBrion
Member
Joined: June 21st, 2006, 1:52 am

April 9th, 2018, 11:30 am #19

Well, I guess we should be very thankful that the Matter scheme lasted for many more years post-NHRR than it did while being used when the RR was an actual corporate entity.  It will always live on.

As far as the newer generations not learning history, bigger issues need to be unearthed for them.  Not learning about a RR logo is nothing compared to them not learning how to speak English correctly or signing their name.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: February 10th, 2018, 11:43 pm

April 20th, 2018, 10:21 pm #20

DBrion wrote: Well, I guess we should be very thankful that the Matter scheme lasted for many more years post-NHRR than it did while being used when the RR was an actual corporate entity.  It will always live on.

As far as the newer generations not learning history, bigger issues need to be unearthed for them.  Not learning about a RR logo is nothing compared to them not learning how to speak English correctly or signing their name.
I guess it was too late to do something like a petition to keep the NH logos on railcars and locomotives to be used by CTDot. What even fears me the most is the EDER-5 (FL-9) being repainted to CTDot livery!
Quote
Like
Share