Geep
Citizen of the Glade
Geep
Citizen of the Glade

Apr 12 2012, 10:17 AM #136

Not a bad idea- given that you're pushing a wheeled thing in a straight line it makes sense that it may be able to gather momentum. Although stopping it may then be another issue :p (well, probably not so bad). I'll work out how this can influence things later.

SeanyPrawny
Citizen of the Glade
SeanyPrawny
Citizen of the Glade

Apr 16 2012, 10:32 AM #137

I assume Griz is just following the cannon/pushing it so I'll get cracking, should of done it ages ago, sorry.

Ecthelion see's the massive squig climbing the steps towards Marcus, Konrak lying unconscious... at least he hopes, behind it. Hopefully he can make something of an impact on such a large monster. Forgoing any kind of defence he lashes out at the thing with a barrage of stabs and thrusts. to hit: 5,3 both hits land and amazingly one pierces the tough hide of the squig. 6,2 however Ecthelion isn't finished yet... never mind yes he is as his blows miss completely 2,2.

Geep
Citizen of the Glade
Geep
Citizen of the Glade

Apr 19 2012, 02:28 AM #138

Just giving some advance notice that I'm about to go away for a few days, so can't update this.

Until then though, Zelt Arruin gets to act.

SeanyPrawny
Citizen of the Glade
SeanyPrawny
Citizen of the Glade

Apr 19 2012, 12:45 PM #139

No worries mate, hopefully i will have gotten myself motivated whilst ur away and updated my painting blog and added more topics for us to discuss.

Zelt Arruin
Citizen of the Glade
Zelt Arruin
Citizen of the Glade

Apr 19 2012, 06:08 PM #140

Don't worry Geep, I'm about to be gone until Sunday, and figured I should say what I am doing before that.

Griz is shoving the cannon forward. "Best get some powder and shot now, ye can hear the fight from here!"

Are we able to "5' step"? As in, move just one square without provoking attacks from foes? If so, that's what I am going to do like this:

Ragnar moves beside Markus and attacks the Squig with all his might.
To hit(m,m,o):4, 4, 1. To wound: 4, 2. One wound.

If not:
Ragnar attacks the big un and the goblin.
to hit orc (main): 6, 6. To wound: 6, 6. Dead Orc.
to hit goblin: 5. To wound: 3. Dead goblin. Move one space up next to Markus, provoking an attack from the shaman.
To hit: 1.

.........That second one turned out a lot better, but removed some of our cover/body wall.
~ZA

Zelt Arruin
Citizen of the Glade
Zelt Arruin
Citizen of the Glade

May 3 2012, 04:49 PM #141

Where you at, Geep?
~ZA

Balthorn
Citizen of the Glade
Balthorn
Citizen of the Glade

May 11 2012, 11:50 PM #142

I hope this one hasn't died like last time... it's getting really tense, and there's a cannon inbound!

I'll msg Geep, see where he's at.

An rud a théann insa chroí ní scaoiltear as é go brách.
What enters the heart never leaves it.

Space Marines 5 - -
Wood Elves 1 3 2
Beasts (Mord) 2 2 -

Geep
Citizen of the Glade
Geep
Citizen of the Glade

May 13 2012, 01:25 PM #143

Apologies again for the delay- it turned out to be longer than expected. I'm currently unemployed and am volunteering at various places, and gained some fieldwork. Good stuff, but trees have poor internet reception :p

@Zelt Arruin/ Ragnar- I don't think we've had 5-foot steps before in this game, so I went with option 2 from your list.

Greenskins move up again.

4,5= 9, so no new Greenskins again this round.

Starting from the top, the little squig rolls a 6- enough to see him bound over the wall and into Ragnar. Other squigs don't have to roll by this point.

The goblin Shaman advances, earning a stab from Ecthelion- 1- but the elf is clearly distracted by the closing squig, who he also stabs at as it closes- 5- and hits. 6- the squig's own weight sees it earn a nasty cut.

Again from top to bottom, the big Squig attacks the newly arrive bear-snack- 5 attacks with frenzy for a +1 to hit, Ws 5 vs Ws 6- 1,2,2,4,4- 2 hit. To wound- Str 7 vs T5- 4,6= 2 wounds off the bear.

Smaller squig vs Ragnar- 3 attacks, Ws 4 vs Ws6, with frenzy- 1, 1, 2. Not a good sign for that squig.

The Goblin Shaman on Ecthelion attacks- 2 attacks, Ws2 vs Ws5- 2, 6- 1 hit. Str 3 vs T3- 3. No wound.

The other big squig gets to take a bite. 5 attacks, Ws5 vs Ws5 but with Frenzy for +1 to hit- 1, 1, 2, 2, 5. At least it's a Str 7 hit vs t3- 3- and will wound. Ecthelion's necklace rolls a... 1. So a wound off the elf (only 1 from a big squig!?!), but thanks to Crippling Strike this also reduces the elf to Str 3.

Lastly Goblin 6 sees a good netting opportunity, and attempts to net Markus, Ragnar and Ecthelion together- Bs 3, so 4's to get eachof you, but any misses may entangle the big squig beside him. Vs Markus- 1. Vs Ragnar- 4. Vs Ecthelion- 3. Two fails, so two attempts to net the big squig- 1, 6- the big Squig is netted once.
So both the Big Squig towards the bottom of the map and Ragnar suffer a -1 to hit/ +1 to be hit, and -1 Movement, until freed (see first page on being freed).

In the hallway I've let Belerond push the cannon 1 inch further forward with his strength roll, while Griz has grabbed the powder barrels on his way out.

Shouldn't be long until you're in a firing position.

So on with-
Konrak,
Markus,
Belerond,
Griz,
Ecthelion,
Ragnar

(As a possible bit of forewarning I'm about to head out to a field trip for a few more days, and may then have another that lasts for 2 weeks after that. No confirmation on the second one though, so that may not be an issue).

Zelt Arruin
Citizen of the Glade
Zelt Arruin
Citizen of the Glade

May 13 2012, 04:47 PM #144

Focus the giant squig that all of us can hit. We gotta get those things down first, or we'll all be food.
~ZA

Balthorn
Citizen of the Glade
Balthorn
Citizen of the Glade

May 14 2012, 08:55 AM #145

Markus is going to do what we've all been looking forward to, and Imbue Ragnar! He concentrates, trying to block out the cacophany of battle around him and (Ld 9 with a -2 penalty cos of wounds: 4, 3 = 7) manages to break through and cast his spell. Ragnar feels the power flow into him as (D6 stat points: 6!) Markus passes his vitality to him (2 WS, 2 S, 1 T, 1 I). Lets hope this doesn't backfire too hard on us...

The bear roars sullenly as he feels the pull of the astral plane yank him from this reality. I'm pretty sure it said "I'll be back!"

Belerond pushes the cannon the maxium distance again, grimacing with the effort. I really hope we can use this thing soon. Do we have everything required to begin the firey cannon death once it's in position?

An rud a théann insa chroí ní scaoiltear as é go brách.
What enters the heart never leaves it.

Space Marines 5 - -
Wood Elves 1 3 2
Beasts (Mord) 2 2 -

Zelt Arruin
Citizen of the Glade
Zelt Arruin
Citizen of the Glade

May 14 2012, 05:18 PM #146

Pretty sure we still need shot, but the powder goes in first anyhow.

"Get ready ta blast the greenskins all the way to their foul gods!" Griz laughed as he ran around to get the powder set into the cannon.

Edit: tactically speaking, I think the spell would be best on Ecthelion, but in terms of badassery, I think it fits to have it on me :p
~ZA

SeanyPrawny
Citizen of the Glade
SeanyPrawny
Citizen of the Glade

May 14 2012, 08:28 PM #147

Agreed, Stick with what's more bad-ass and you can't go wrong.

Ecthelion Feels a shadow looking over him, hot breath on the back of his neck, see jibbering gobbo's in his periferal vision but ignores it all, the defence of his companions comes over his own safty. With a quick Stab at the squig ahead over his companions heads Ecthelion (5,1) manages to take the squig with one blow to the (6) face drawing blood and a grunt of annoyance from the giant menace! He thinks to try again but the impending attack from behind makes him think twice as he readies himself to fend off their blows... hopefully.

Zelt Arruin
Citizen of the Glade
Zelt Arruin
Citizen of the Glade

May 16 2012, 03:18 PM #148

Will edit my actions in here tonight, between D3 and something.

Hmm, 3 attacks, hitting on 3's (would be 2's without the net!), re-rolling one miss and wounding on 2's. I hope I take this guy out, or we aren't going to make it.

To hit (m, m, o): 3, 6, 1......alright fine. To wound: 3,2. Another two wounds off the giant squig, leaving it with just a single wound. Damn that 1.

Feeling his body swell with magical might, Ragnar looked at the giant ball of teeth and fury baring down upon his team. With almost effortless strength, he hacked into the monster, cutting great gobbets out off of the beast. With his new found, albeit temporary, might, there were only three things that gave him pause for concern, and now, it was almost only two. Protecting Marcus was his new goal, for if he should fall, Ragnar's magical might would fail too.
~ZA