WEN... for the 100th time

WEN... for the 100th time

June 4th, 2012, 1:38 am #1

Ok, I know this comes up all too often, but whats the general concensus of WEN hair products here? I see it at the 'As seen on tv' store and it has an either you love it or hate it review over at makeupalley.com

1c/Nii
12/26/26 Growing since Aug '07

June 4th, 2012, 4:38 am #2

You have beautiful hair and you look good no matter the color as well.

My aunt uses WEN and swears by it. Her hair was very dry and ragged and now it is silky and smooth and grows quickly and healthy.

1aFiii auburn (natural)

June 4th, 2012, 11:19 pm #3

Ok, I know this comes up all too often, but whats the general concensus of WEN hair products here? I see it at the 'As seen on tv' store and it has an either you love it or hate it review over at makeupalley.com

1c/Nii

I only wish my hair still looked like the last one from 2010... hence my question about wen.

1c/Nii

June 5th, 2012, 8:06 pm #4

Both statements are true... My aunt once offered to buy WEN for me. I turned her down.

1aFiii auburn (natural)

June 7th, 2012, 3:15 am #5

1c/Nii

I only sniffed WEN and it was so heavily perfumed, it made my eyes burn and then sneeze for nearly a half-hour. I'm not putting it on my head.

Plus, it's so expensive! I use VO5 from the dollar store, get the huge family bottle that lasts two weeks to wash, then slathered on my heavy conditioner. I'm paying $17 a month vs $30 for something that'd last a week at most.

Rhonda
Rhonda

June 14th, 2012, 12:48 am #6

1c/Nii

but, I think many things on television are!

Loreal makes a cleansing conditioner that is very similar to Wen. It is a new product from their EverCreme line. I use it sometimes, but I have medium-fine hair that gets oily easily. The cleansing conditioner from Loreal is sulfate free, but Wen is not.

I actually sometimes don't use any conditioner at all because I am trying to go a day between shampoos, especially now that it is summer. But in the winter, the cleansing conditioner made my hair silky soft and kept down static.

You could try the cleansing conditioner. I know Walgreen's carries it, and other drug stores. I have seen it at WalMart I think as well, and definitely Target. It is less than $8.00, which is much more affordable than Wen.

Never hurts to give something a try.... Hope this helps..

January 26th, 2017, 2:24 am #7

1c/Nii

I think WEN is a wonderful product for me! I'd rather cleanse my hair with conditioner instead of shampoo at times.

Confirmation of reply: