Ugh !

Ugh !

June 11th, 2011, 4:05 am #1

What is this thing about age and hair length??? I'm so totally over that nonsense. I'm going to be 59 on 9/11. I have long hair ... Get over it already !

1B,F,ii Auburn, strawberry blonde and white - natural color
Ojon damage restorative shampoo and conditioner
Kerastase Mask for fine hair twice a month
Kerastase Elixir Ultime
Mason Pearson Detangler comb

June 11th, 2011, 6:49 am #2

I look around where I work and there are a lot of older lovely ladies with long hair. I think age is just a number, and it shouldn't matter if a person wants long hair.

June 11th, 2011, 7:38 am #3

What is this thing about age and hair length??? I'm so totally over that nonsense. I'm going to be 59 on 9/11. I have long hair ... Get over it already !

Kerastase Elixir Ultime
Your hair is so beautiful!
Don't pay attention to such nonsence as "one should cut ones hair after they turn XX years old"... For some reason our culture is full with stupid assumptions such as this (one shouldnt wear certain things / look a certain way / do certain things after they turn a certain age), just ignore and do what makes you happy!

June 11th, 2011, 3:10 pm #4

Kerastase Elixir Ultime
I don't know what is wrong with people. What business is it of anyone's what hair length you have?

I did just read an article a few weeks ago where the author was praising women who were resisting the pressure to cut off their hair and had plenty of examples of women who kept their hair past "that certain age"....whatever that age may be. Anti-hair people can't even agree what age you should give up your hair and join the Q-tip head brigade.

This world would be a lot better off if people would just mind their own business over things that don't affect them. I'm 36 and I've already had a few comments about how I am getting too old for "that hair", or how I only have a few years left before I "have" to cut it. You GROW girl!!

1cF/Mii
CO washing most days, shampoo 1 or 2 times a week. Detangler as needed. Deep condition about once a week with Nyle oil or plain ol' coconut oil. Regularly use coconut oil on ends when the weather is dry. Exfoliate scalp with sugar mixed into cheap conditioner whenever I feel like I need it. NO hair dryers, curling irons or other heat styling ever applied to hair.

23/31.5"/tailbone

My hair right about the time I started, I had tried to dye the bleached ends to match the roots, but as you can see from the next pic, the dye didn't hold very long.

November 2008 since I started using cassia. Not much growth since August but I Love the shine I'm getting from the Cassia and it seems to really be protecting my ends

April 2011

June 11th, 2011, 3:10 pm #5

Kerastase Elixir Ultime
I don't know what is wrong with people. What business is it of anyone's what hair length you have?

I did just read an article a few weeks ago where the author was praising women who were resisting the pressure to cut off their hair and had plenty of examples of women who kept their hair past "that certain age"....whatever that age may be. Anti-hair people can't even agree what age you should give up your hair and join the Q-tip head brigade.

This world would be a lot better off if people would just mind their own business over things that don't affect them. I'm 36 and I've already had a few comments about how I am getting too old for "that hair", or how I only have a few years left before I "have" to cut it. You GROW girl!!

1cF/Mii
CO washing most days, shampoo 1 or 2 times a week. Detangler as needed. Deep condition about once a week with Nyle oil or plain ol' coconut oil. Regularly use coconut oil on ends when the weather is dry. Exfoliate scalp with sugar mixed into cheap conditioner whenever I feel like I need it. NO hair dryers, curling irons or other heat styling ever applied to hair.

23/31.5"/tailbone

My hair right about the time I started, I had tried to dye the bleached ends to match the roots, but as you can see from the next pic, the dye didn't hold very long.

November 2008 since I started using cassia. Not much growth since August but I Love the shine I'm getting from the Cassia and it seems to really be protecting my ends

April 2011

June 11th, 2011, 4:42 pm #6

Kerastase Elixir Ultime
I am so grateful I live in a town where having long beautiful hair at a much older age is common. It is wonderful, and most of these women are my age or much older... children of the sixties who mums had short bubble cuts. I just knew when I was 15 I would have long tresses even at an old age. Just like my Grandmother's Aunt Hope, she was a beautiful woman with a thick silvery braid that she wore in a bun... always. She never let go of her long hair even when her sisters cut and dyed their own and my Grandmother always kept hers short as well, and permed. What I don't know is if the other women in the family tried to persuade her to cut it. She was a stronger woman for not giving in to others' wishes, I think.

I have a picture of us, she with her long braided bun, and me with my long honey blonde hair, and between us all the shorties!

elvea rose
1c / ultra fine / i

"...like the soft light of the moon,
silvering over the evening of life."

~a quote by Johann Paul Friedrich Richter

My hopes ~
Tresses to my hips and mock faerie-tale endings,
but what I need is a hefty dose of patience... and tyme!

And this is why...
June '07~ my last color enhancement treatment
March '09~ 23" all natural tresses
December '09~ 26" **first goal**
August '10 to May '11~ 28" **unwittingly kept there**
June '11 28 1/4"

Second goal... 30 inches
Third is 33 inches
Lastly... tb

A Loomie since May '04

June 11th, 2011, 5:06 pm #7

Kerastase Elixir Ultime
It's utterly annoying to listen to unsolicited advice... especially in the form of those "rules". I really don't understand many advocate short hair for women over a certain age, but then again, I guess many women have been brainwashed to believe that and sell it to as many as they can. I hope that one day we'll look back and those kind of "rules" will seem funny...

Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: classic
Primary goal: thickening the ends

Hair journal:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

Routine:
- NW/SO on the scalp, with periodical length
washes (Alverde birke-salbei shampoo for the length)
- brushing, scritching, preening and massaging daily
- occasional S&D trims
- trimming the ends whenever they start looking funny
Current length: classic+
Current goal: knee

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ Alverde Birke-Salbei shampoo
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs
~ Tangle Teezer/Tangle Angel & wide-tooth comb
~ hair friendly hair toys, for putting up hair and forgetting about it

Hair journal (rarely updated nowadays):

June 11th, 2011, 5:36 pm #8

I am so grateful I live in a town where having long beautiful hair at a much older age is common. It is wonderful, and most of these women are my age or much older... children of the sixties who mums had short bubble cuts. I just knew when I was 15 I would have long tresses even at an old age. Just like my Grandmother's Aunt Hope, she was a beautiful woman with a thick silvery braid that she wore in a bun... always. She never let go of her long hair even when her sisters cut and dyed their own and my Grandmother always kept hers short as well, and permed. What I don't know is if the other women in the family tried to persuade her to cut it. She was a stronger woman for not giving in to others' wishes, I think.

I have a picture of us, she with her long braided bun, and me with my long honey blonde hair, and between us all the shorties!

elvea rose
1c / ultra fine / i

My hopes ~

And this is why...
June '11 28 1/4"

Second goal... 30 inches
Third is 33 inches
Lastly... tb

A Loomie since May '04
excuse me, I simply had to comment. I have always wondered about your hair color before the silver, and now I've just read that you were honey blond! Thank you for satisfying my curiosity I'm too shy to ask, it was as if though you read my mind.

Hair journal:

Routine:
- occasional S&D trims
Current length: classic+
Current goal: knee

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ Alverde Birke-Salbei shampoo
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs
~ Tangle Teezer/Tangle Angel & wide-tooth comb
~ hair friendly hair toys, for putting up hair and forgetting about it

Hair journal (rarely updated nowadays):

June 11th, 2011, 8:35 pm #9

Kerastase Elixir Ultime
i honestly dont see where this silly opinion has come from, its just hair!
i think maybe sometimes it could just be jealousy... they see older women with beautiful long hair and maybe it makes them feel frumpy in comparison... and as long hair takes such a long time to grow the only option for these people is to insult it to make themselves feel better!

the world would be a much better place if people where more comfertable with dressing and looking how they want, whatever their age

1bNii
7/18/As long as it will grow!
Re-growing since June 2011

Currently using Dr Oganic Olive oil shampoo and J/A/S/O/N Jojoba conditioner, and warm olive oil treatments every other week. Using BBB. Jojoba oil on length before and after washing.

21 years old.
U.K

--------------------------------------------
Those who say sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain...

The shadow behind us is most definately four footed - 'Women who run with the wolves'

June 12th, 2011, 5:20 am #10

excuse me, I simply had to comment. I have always wondered about your hair color before the silver, and now I've just read that you were honey blond! Thank you for satisfying my curiosity I'm too shy to ask, it was as if though you read my mind.

Hair journal:

Routine:
- occasional S&D trims
It seems I have had many shades of color... all natural. I had very dark, what I would call a cocoa brown color when I was a little girl, then in my teens (when the picture I mentioned above was taken) my hair was a honey blonde. Probably because I spent a good portion of my time at the beaches. Then in my adult years it became a more "mousey" brown. Unlike most who start off blonde and go darker, I started off darker and went lighter! My favorite shade was the cocoa brown, but I remember loving my blonder hair as a teen

elvea rose
1c / ultra fine / i

My hopes ~

And this is why...
June '11 28 1/4"

Second goal... 30 inches
Third is 33 inches
Lastly... tb

A Loomie since May '04

Bob
Bob

June 14th, 2011, 6:21 pm #11

Kerastase Elixir Ultime
You sound more than a bit perturbed. Some will always be snarky, but just remember what their guys are thinking when they see you! I guarantee that they do not agree. LOL

June 15th, 2011, 4:17 am #12

Kerastase Elixir Ultime
...when Bob posts on the Loom. It's so interesting to see things from a man's point of view, and I have to say that I agree with him Dune....
Your hair is lovely, no matter what your age may be!

~Misty

Joined 8/26/2010

Hair Length: 34.75" (when left curly)
36.25" (when straightened out)

Hair Type: 3cnii
Naturally curly

Goal Length: We'll see how long it will get!

Main Goal: To have my hair be healthy and long

***One hair on the head is worth two in the brush***

Please visit my Etsy shop:http://www.etsy.com/shop/SilverHeelsTradingCo
My Website:http://hotrodangel.webs.com/

June 30th, 2011, 3:47 am #13

[/IMG]

June 30th, 2011, 3:55 am #14

At 59 I also get a lot of disapproval for my long gray hair.For me it's usually from other women my age or even women that are older than me,so far younger people or men[all ages] don't react. Am curious where are your negative comments from,if you don'y mind my asking.. It's too bad so many older ladies are brainwashed by society into cutting their hair off-

June 30th, 2011, 4:00 am #15

And I must say DUNESEEKER,your hair is fabulous!! you have my dream length-and I love your colour-don't ever cut it to please those old biddies or whoever is that disapproves. It would be such a loss.

June 30th, 2011, 4:06 am #16

sorry for such large pics-still have problems downloading them and cannot figure out resizing at all.

July 1st, 2011, 2:47 am #17

Kerastase Elixir Ultime
First I wish I could see your pic, it's a red x for me. Okay, my opinion on this is screw em. You just do what you want, and forget about the others. I live in an area where long hair on older women(myself included)is very common. It's wonderful to see and i'm sure your hair looks great.

Melanie
1c-2b Fii
layered
white/gray/blonde

Confirmation of reply: