Two more hair ornament pics for today

Two more hair ornament pics for today

November 11th, 2011, 8:12 am #1

Okay, I hope you don't mind I am back with two more. I guess since we're in a house of 1200 feet which feels like a mansion after living in a 32' trailer, I am making up for lost time. And who else will understand how satisfying it is to get a new, pretty barrette?? Other Loomies!

This is my new purple crystal barrette from http://www.mybeaumonde.net. I'm very pleased with it. I made a figure 8 bun and pulled it apart a bit with the barrette holding the top of the bun. Put two large bobby pins at bottom so it wouldn't flop around. It stays secure for me. I believe I'm also looking up - the barrette caught the light best in this pic.

This one is my new crystal butterfly! It's shinier in person. And! I admired it at BeauMonde where it is $33.99 but I bought it from amazon.com for $14.99, so buyer beware. It pays to shop around. I made a loose French braid and stuffed the length underneath and pinned in place. I do have to be very patient and not rushed when pushing the clip through the hair as well as when I remove it or it'll pull some hairs with it. That would be bad over time.

I have one more coming in the mail next week! And I bought an old timey hairnet with seed beads on it. Exciting!

"Be who you are and say what you feel because
people who mind don't matter and people who
matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
Hair color: Icy silver on sides, silver and charcoal to BSL, auburn toward end.
1b M ii
24"/47"/Cruising toward crook-of-the-knee.
Current fave oil: Olive
Shampoo: Shiny Silver, Denorex, Dove Intensive Repair
Madora comb with two teeth broken off.
Wash almost every day because of a horse and Zumba.
Lil's blog:
http://alittlegrace.blogspot.com/

November 11th, 2011, 9:39 am #2

They are beautiful! *goes to look at the site for her own...*

Congrats on the house btw

November 11th, 2011, 11:48 am #3

Okay, I hope you don't mind I am back with two more. I guess since we're in a house of 1200 feet which feels like a mansion after living in a 32' trailer, I am making up for lost time. And who else will understand how satisfying it is to get a new, pretty barrette?? Other Loomies!

This is my new purple crystal barrette from http://www.mybeaumonde.net. I'm very pleased with it. I made a figure 8 bun and pulled it apart a bit with the barrette holding the top of the bun. Put two large bobby pins at bottom so it wouldn't flop around. It stays secure for me. I believe I'm also looking up - the barrette caught the light best in this pic.

This one is my new crystal butterfly! It's shinier in person. And! I admired it at BeauMonde where it is $33.99 but I bought it from amazon.com for $14.99, so buyer beware. It pays to shop around. I made a loose French braid and stuffed the length underneath and pinned in place. I do have to be very patient and not rushed when pushing the clip through the hair as well as when I remove it or it'll pull some hairs with it. That would be bad over time.

I have one more coming in the mail next week! And I bought an old timey hairnet with seed beads on it. Exciting!

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

Keep the pics coming. I just love seeing your hair anyway I can get. Looking forward to the netting,

1BFii
Hair: All natural dark brown and silver.
Washing: Once or twice a week. Condition from ears on down. Cold as I can stand it final rinse.
Shampoo/Conditioner:Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo and Conditioner. Nature's Gate Organics Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner.
Wide tooth comb
Kind Regards,
lacemitts

November 11th, 2011, 3:00 pm #4

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

Oh, Lil, I love both hairstyles and hair toys! The first on is so clever - I would have never thought of doing such a modification on the Figure 8, let alone decorating it with a pretty barrette like that. And that loose French braid is absolutely stunning. I love how it looks on you!

Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: classic
Primary goal: thickening the ends

Hair journal:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

Routine:
- NW/SO on the scalp, with periodical length
washes (Alverde birke-salbei shampoo for the length)
- brushing, scritching, preening and massaging daily
- occasional S&D trims
- trimming the ends whenever they start looking funny
Current length: classic+
Current goal: knee

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ Alverde Birke-Salbei shampoo
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs
~ Tangle Teezer/Tangle Angel & wide-tooth comb
~ hair friendly hair toys, for putting up hair and forgetting about it

Hair journal (rarely updated nowadays):

November 11th, 2011, 3:45 pm #5

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

Both your hair and you toys are fabulous!

~ Nighean Ruadh ~

26.25/waist/tailbone

November 11th, 2011, 5:23 pm #6

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

I am especially partial to the butterfly on the loose french braid...that is gorgeous!

~Misty

Joined 8/26/2010

Hair Length: 35.50" (when left curly)
37.00" (when straightened out)

Hair Type: 3cnii
Naturally curly

Goal Length: We'll see how long it will get!

Main Goal: To have my hair be healthy and long

***One hair on the head is worth two in the brush***

Please visit my Etsy shop:http://www.etsy.com/shop/SilverHeelsTradingCo
My Website:http://hotrodangel.webs.com/

November 11th, 2011, 5:39 pm #7

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

They and the do's are beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing the hairnet. I LOVE hairnets, but I always end up looking like I'm either Amish, or a cook.

~Heather Joy
Owner/Partner at Joyous Crafts
https://www.facebook.com/joyouscrafts

38 inches long - Type 1bNii

I want to go classic length, with a "fairytail ending". :D

What I use:
Johnson & Johnson Baby Wash and Shampoo.
olive oil soaks once in a while.
Rosemary rinse followed by a white vinegar rise when I feel inclined to baby my hair.

1Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

Dulcy
Dulcy

November 11th, 2011, 7:22 pm #8

They look great! Am looking forward to more pics,haven't seen those before.

November 11th, 2011, 8:28 pm #9

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

So pretty and they look simply fabulous in your hair.

I think I have a similar barette to the first one you've shown except mine is blue. My DIL gave it to me but it's too heavy for a pony tail. I might try experimenting with some different styles - you've inspired me.

Progress from June 2006 - January 2011

2a/M/ii
Mid-Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights; fringe/bangs.
Starting length: 25"/62.5cm (BSL)
Current length: 33.5" (Cut back from 38.5" February 2011 following a massive shed.)
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with!

Current routine: Oil lightly before washing with a mix of olive, coconut, avocado and almond oils. Scalp wash every second to third day using Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. Finish with acidic rinse (1 tsp ACV or lime juice to 2 cups of water or herbal tea). A'kin conditioner on the ends when I feel it needs it.
Other: Oiling when required with avocado and almond oil or shea butter; S&D when I think of it; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

My Website

On Eagles' Wings (My Blog)

My Method for Scalp Washes

Hair Journey Began in June 2006 ...

Hair Type: 2a/M/ii
Hair Colour: Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights (more silver than red nowadays)
Initial Goal length: 36" (Tailbone)
Setback: Major shed in 2010 when at 38"
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with! (Preferably tailbone with thick hemline.

Current Routine
CWCA: C = condition the length with conditioner or shea butter; W = wash the scalp using diluted organic shampoo; Condition = small amount of conditioner on ends; A = acidic rinse, either ACV or citric acid; Frequency = once a week. In-between times, scalp washes as required.
Tips for super soft hair = Wash with Miracle Water. Finish up with LOC (Liquid = water; Oil = almond/olive/avocado oils; Cream = aloe vera gel)
Other: Regular micro-trims; light oiling on dry hair a few times a week; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

Fox

November 11th, 2011, 8:38 pm #10

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

If you are aiming for elegant, I think you have it down pat! Awesome! Your new barrettes look terrific! I especially love the first one, style and all on you. But they are both very pretty and you have such a nice braid! Thanks for sharing... and... I can certainly relate to you on the space issues!

-Fox

January 2010
Special thanks to Carlynn for my custom doll signature!
17/32.75/40+ Type 2CMii (3B underneath layer) Somewhat fine, slightly wavy (with curls on the underneath layer), Hennaed Auburn. F.L.A. Ranking, Colonel. To see more pictures, click on the gallery collection link found here:<a href="">http://www.geocities.com/ifoxbox/ForeverFox.html> Forever Fox </a>
My Journal: <a href="">http://www.longhairloom.com/foxjournal.htm> Faithfully Fox </a>

Want custom sticks? Please visit: Sticks and Stones, Hairsticks by Fox

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny." -John MacArthur

"Love makes you beautiful" - quote from my nephew at age 7

Products Used:

Ida's Shampoo Bars

Aubrey Organics S&C
Nature's Gate Conditioners

Vinegar/herbal rinses

Oils: Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Virgin Oil de Coco Creme, Monoi, Castor, Meadowfoam Seed & essential oils
Shea Butter (from which I make my own leave-in)

MP Popular Mix Brush and Pure BB brush
Wood and Horn combs
Vitamins/Minerals/Herbal supplements
-Fox
Starting my growing journey all over again after health issues took a major toll on my hair.
17/25.5/35+ - Type 2C-3bMii Somewhat fine, wavy (with corkscrew curls on the underneath layer), natural color is light brown with gold and red highlights. Previously used henna for years, but had it highlighted out over a couple of years. Currently trying to decide what to do as far as continuing with that to keep up the roots or doing something different.

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C - my most favorite, but currently using Neways Second Chance Shampoo, SheaMoisture's High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque,
Sally Beauty Generic Value Product's version of Matrix Biolage conditioner (as a leave in, not rinsed out)
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
Oils: Jojoba, Castor, Coconut & essential oils
MP Popular Mix Brush
MP & Madora wide tooth combs

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny."

November 12th, 2011, 1:01 am #11

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

I understand your enjoyment at playing with pretties now that you're in a place where you can kind of luxuriate. Thank you for sharing with us! The clips and the styles are so pretty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 2009 in Odessa, Ukraine, by the Black Sea

2C-3B/N/i (1.5" ponytail)
16"/19"/26" (BSL)
brown with gray and a silver streak--embracing the natural but seriously considering henna and indigo
43 years old

shaking up my routine and trying a sort of Curly Girl / Live Curly Live Free / Grow Hair Fast regimen with homemade shampoos and natural conditioner like AO & Yes to Cucumbers
scalp massages, scalp brushing w/ BBB, detangling w/ fingers, scrunching, air drying

battling autoimmune issues and major shedding for the last 5 years or so, as well as post-adoption stress (evident in the first April 2011 pic in my signature)

[I originally found the Loom and started measuring back in April 2007 (17.5"), but with such thin, scraggly looking hair from my health issues and stress, I've been so disappointed and have gotten a few big cuts, only reaching 23.5" at the end of September 2010. Now I'm starting all over again!]

November 12th, 2011, 2:32 am #12

They are beautiful! *goes to look at the site for her own...*

Congrats on the house btw
So you've gone shopping, eh! It IS fun. (We're just renting here, but we're content.) Thank you.

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

November 12th, 2011, 2:42 am #13

Keep the pics coming. I just love seeing your hair anyway I can get. Looking forward to the netting,

1BFii
Washing: Once or twice a week. Condition from ears on down. Cold as I can stand it final rinse.
Shampoo/Conditioner:Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo and Conditioner. Nature's Gate Organics Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner.
Wide tooth comb
Kind Regards,
lacemitts
Thanks dear Lace. Okay, when I try the hairnet I will ask husband to take a pic of that too, if I'm not too embarrassed to do a third post. I see a very distinct silver streak on your hair. It's nice! Streaks have personality, eh?

I have a beaded hairnet story... I bought one at a Sally's in the '80 and never found another one. The last time I wore it my husband took me to see the ballet, The Kirov. It was a thrill. We were walking down the stairs after the performance and I heard a female voice behind me say, "Oh look at her hair." It was my hairnet she was referring to. I still remember it all these years later. A good memory.

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

November 12th, 2011, 2:50 am #14

Oh, Lil, I love both hairstyles and hair toys! The first on is so clever - I would have never thought of doing such a modification on the Figure 8, let alone decorating it with a pretty barrette like that. And that loose French braid is absolutely stunning. I love how it looks on you!

Hair journal:

Routine:
- occasional S&D trims
Me, clever? Thanks! The first one is too big for me to use with a half-up. Yet, it's too small to hold my hair in a bun. So yes, I did a modification. I'm feeling a little proud of myself now. I made a modification!

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

November 12th, 2011, 2:51 am #15

Both your hair and you toys are fabulous!

~ Nighean Ruadh ~

26.25/waist/tailbone
Thank you very much.

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

Last edited by lilianaliliana on November 12th, 2011, 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 12th, 2011, 2:57 am #16

I am especially partial to the butterfly on the loose french braid...that is gorgeous!

~Misty

Joined 8/26/2010

Naturally curly

I love that butterfly one too. Who can resist things that sparkle! Thanks. I'm hoping to get enough hairdo pics together so I can make a hair collage like you, and Jules, and Ohtawen. It takes such patience and love and care to create those 'dos. My favorite of yours is the down braid. Soooo nice!

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

November 12th, 2011, 3:04 am #17

They and the do's are beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing the hairnet. I LOVE hairnets, but I always end up looking like I'm either Amish, or a cook.

~Heather Joy
Owner/Partner at Joyous Crafts
https://www.facebook.com/joyouscrafts

38 inches long - Type 1bNii

I want to go classic length, with a "fairytail ending". :D

What I use:
Johnson & Johnson Baby Wash and Shampoo.
olive oil soaks once in a while.
Rosemary rinse followed by a white vinegar rise when I feel inclined to baby my hair.

1Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
Amish or a cook! Hehe! Well, I figure I will make a plain ballet bun and cover it. I will put up a pic since you asked (and Lace did too). Your Flexi and half-up look lovely. I wonder if that's a new sig pic for you? Your hair is duperly healthy. That's as in superly duperly healthy.

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

November 12th, 2011, 3:06 am #18

They look great! Am looking forward to more pics,haven't seen those before.
Thank you so much. Well, I am feeling pretty good from this thread right now, so I will surely try to follow up with some more. I'm gonna have to be creative!

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

November 12th, 2011, 3:13 am #19

So pretty and they look simply fabulous in your hair.

I think I have a similar barette to the first one you've shown except mine is blue. My DIL gave it to me but it's too heavy for a pony tail. I might try experimenting with some different styles - you've inspired me.

Progress from June 2006 - January 2011

2a/M/ii
Mid-Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights; fringe/bangs.
Current length: 33.5" (Cut back from 38.5" February 2011 following a massive shed.)
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with!

Current routine: Oil lightly before washing with a mix of olive, coconut, avocado and almond oils. Scalp wash every second to third day using Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. Finish with acidic rinse (1 tsp ACV or lime juice to 2 cups of water or herbal tea). A'kin conditioner on the ends when I feel it needs it.
Other: Oiling when required with avocado and almond oil or shea butter; S&D when I think of it; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

My Website

On Eagles' Wings (My Blog)

My Method for Scalp Washes
Oh thanks dear Jules. Inspiration is good. I'm happy to inspire someone! I've been reacquainting myself with the Styling Station and YouTube. I mean, I haven't done a figure 8 for the longest. That first barrette, I wore it to church as a ponytail holder last week and I had to take it off because it was sliding lower and lower. I agree it is a little weighty.

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

November 12th, 2011, 3:22 am #20

If you are aiming for elegant, I think you have it down pat! Awesome! Your new barrettes look terrific! I especially love the first one, style and all on you. But they are both very pretty and you have such a nice braid! Thanks for sharing... and... I can certainly relate to you on the space issues!

-Fox

January 2010
Special thanks to Carlynn for my custom doll signature!
17/32.75/40+ Type 2CMii (3B underneath layer) Somewhat fine, slightly wavy (with curls on the underneath layer), Hennaed Auburn. F.L.A. Ranking, Colonel. To see more pictures, click on the gallery collection link found here:<a href="">http://www.geocities.com/ifoxbox/ForeverFox.html> Forever Fox </a>
My Journal: <a href="">http://www.longhairloom.com/foxjournal.htm> Faithfully Fox </a>

Want custom sticks? Please visit: Sticks and Stones, Hairsticks by Fox

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny." -John MacArthur

"Love makes you beautiful" - quote from my nephew at age 7

Products Used:

Ida's Shampoo Bars

Aubrey Organics S&C
Nature's Gate Conditioners

Vinegar/herbal rinses

Oils: Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Virgin Oil de Coco Creme, Monoi, Castor, Meadowfoam Seed & essential oils
Shea Butter (from which I make my own leave-in)

MP Popular Mix Brush and Pure BB brush
Wood and Horn combs
Fox, thank you! You like the first one best, eh? I thought of you when I commented on all this living space. I still feel like it's a lot, but sure do like having one room especially for Zumba practice. It's a lot better than practicing outside on a cement pad next to a b-b-q. Thanks for commenting. I know you're way busy.

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

Last edited by lilianaliliana on November 12th, 2011, 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 12th, 2011, 3:24 am #21

I understand your enjoyment at playing with pretties now that you're in a place where you can kind of luxuriate. Thank you for sharing with us! The clips and the styles are so pretty.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 2009 in Odessa, Ukraine, by the Black Sea

2C-3B/N/i (1.5" ponytail)
16"/19"/26" (BSL)
brown with gray and a silver streak--embracing the natural but seriously considering henna and indigo
43 years old

shaking up my routine and trying a sort of Curly Girl / Live Curly Live Free / Grow Hair Fast regimen with homemade shampoos and natural conditioner like AO & Yes to Cucumbers
scalp massages, scalp brushing w/ BBB, detangling w/ fingers, scrunching, air drying

battling autoimmune issues and major shedding for the last 5 years or so, as well as post-adoption stress (evident in the first April 2011 pic in my signature)

[I originally found the Loom and started measuring back in April 2007 (17.5"), but with such thin, scraggly looking hair from my health issues and stress, I've been so disappointed and have gotten a few big cuts, only reaching 23.5" at the end of September 2010. Now I'm starting all over again!]
Thank you Ms. Inch by Inch. I feel half guilty for buying things I don't need and 3/4 happy because I'm just plain enjoying it.

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

November 12th, 2011, 3:40 am #22

Thanks dear Lace. Okay, when I try the hairnet I will ask husband to take a pic of that too, if I'm not too embarrassed to do a third post. I see a very distinct silver streak on your hair. It's nice! Streaks have personality, eh?

I have a beaded hairnet story... I bought one at a Sally's in the '80 and never found another one. The last time I wore it my husband took me to see the ballet, The Kirov. It was a thrill. We were walking down the stairs after the performance and I heard a female voice behind me say, "Oh look at her hair." It was my hairnet she was referring to. I still remember it all these years later. A good memory.

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

The silver streaks are getting wider! Have them on both sides. Love the ballet memory. I can't wait to see the net in your hair!

1BFii
Wide tooth comb
Kind Regards,
lacemitts
Last edited by lacemitts on November 12th, 2011, 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 12th, 2011, 5:27 am #23

I love that butterfly one too. Who can resist things that sparkle! Thanks. I'm hoping to get enough hairdo pics together so I can make a hair collage like you, and Jules, and Ohtawen. It takes such patience and love and care to create those 'dos. My favorite of yours is the down braid. Soooo nice!

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

Though I can't take credit for that one...I got it done at the Ren Faire...

~Misty

Joined 8/26/2010

Naturally curly

November 12th, 2011, 10:22 am #24

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

Both of those hairtoys are so beautiful!!!

I thought I desided on what hairtoy I'm buying myself for the new year, but now I'm not so sure anymore
I think I'll wait for more pics from you before I deside on something, LOL

November 12th, 2011, 5:25 pm #25

Me, clever? Thanks! The first one is too big for me to use with a half-up. Yet, it's too small to hold my hair in a bun. So yes, I did a modification. I'm feeling a little proud of myself now. I made a modification!

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

It's a lovely hairstyle. And... everyone who can customize a hairstyle to fit into a specific hair toy is very clever

Hair journal:

Routine:
- occasional S&D trims
Current length: classic+
Current goal: knee

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ Alverde Birke-Salbei shampoo
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs
~ Tangle Teezer/Tangle Angel & wide-tooth comb
~ hair friendly hair toys, for putting up hair and forgetting about it

Hair journal (rarely updated nowadays):

November 12th, 2011, 5:50 pm #26

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

More hair pretties .  They are beautiful in your hair.  I can't wait to see what you get next!

My hair journal:http://www.network54.com/Forum/496746/
1bniii Hair Type - Length:47" Goal: 48" Products - Currently Using:
Organix Shampoo & Conditioners
CV & Lush Shampoo Bars w/vinegar rinse
Monoi or Virgin de Coco Creme on ends daily
Shea Butter Creamy Souffle as pre-wash conditioner. Wash 1-2 times a week. Wide tooth wood & bakelite combs. TT on wet hair. BBB sometimes. Braid before bed and oil ends.

November 13th, 2011, 6:30 am #27

Both of those hairtoys are so beautiful!!!

I thought I desided on what hairtoy I'm buying myself for the new year, but now I'm not so sure anymore
I think I'll wait for more pics from you before I deside on something, LOL

Thank you, Night Kitten. Well, I tried and tried to photograph my new hair accessories today, but the hair did not cooperate. I better hurry because I don't want to hold you up! I have to try another day. I'm so curious to know which one you've had your heart set on for the new year?

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

November 13th, 2011, 6:33 am #28

More hair pretties .  They are beautiful in your hair.  I can't wait to see what you get next!

My hair journal:http://www.network54.com/Forum/496746/
1bniii Hair Type - Length:47" Goal: 48" Products - Currently Using:
Organix Shampoo & Conditioners
CV & Lush Shampoo Bars w/vinegar rinse
Monoi or Virgin de Coco Creme on ends daily
Shea Butter Creamy Souffle as pre-wash conditioner. Wash 1-2 times a week. Wide tooth wood & bakelite combs. TT on wet hair. BBB sometimes. Braid before bed and oil ends.
There you are. Thanks! Been waiting for you to come by. You see, you really started something when you posted those Flexi-8s of yours. Everyone has been posting photos. It's great!

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

November 13th, 2011, 1:07 pm #29

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

They are so pretty in your hair! Plus what a wise shopper you are, saving all that money. It's so encouraging to see styles with a silver perspective. I can't wait to see the hair net, it sounds intriguing.

Christmas 08 April 09

Close up of my gray hair.

Oil on ends just before combing to help with snarls, 2x a day.

Shampoo every 5 days
Experimenting with ACV, coconut oil, and honey.

Started measuring August 06, at 36.5 inches
1cCii ~ Natural Silver

I am 54 year old and I've been married for 35 years!!

July 1st 07 - Reached 40 inches
July 14 07 - Cut back to 36.5
August 3rd 08 - Reached 40 inches again.
January 1 09 Reached 43 and classic achieved! Cut for a better hemline.
April thru June 40 still. sigh...
March 2010 Classic!!!

36.5/42.5/Classic

Faithful to barbers - they actually trim 1/8th of an inch!!

November 14th, 2011, 3:48 pm #30

Thank you, Night Kitten. Well, I tried and tried to photograph my new hair accessories today, but the hair did not cooperate. I better hurry because I don't want to hold you up! I have to try another day. I'm so curious to know which one you've had your heart set on for the new year?

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

LOL, it's all according to Merphy's Laws - When you want to take a good pic, be sure your hair will misbehave

Initially I was thinking about some (or maybe all ) of these sticks and forks: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... K:MEWAX:IT
But now I'm not sure anymore...
Well, there's still time to think about it - it's barely the middle of November...

Confirmation of reply: