Sorry to bother you again...

Sorry to bother you again...

November 11th, 2011, 8:20 pm #1

But can you see this picture? If not, let me know what you do see: "deleted picture", a blank spot, ect.

"Fan Bun"
I got the instructions for it here:http://rapunzelsresource.wordpress.com/ ... 0/fan-bun/
Isn't it lovely? Though I am not sure how well it will stay on my head. I used a lot of bobby-pins, 1 hair spiral, several jumbo plastic pins, and a small knitting needle pin to hold it(I like variety! :D) and it doesn't feel very secure. But it's so pretty, who cares?

~Heather Joy
Owner/Partner at Joyous Crafts
https://www.facebook.com/joyouscrafts

38 inches long - Type 1bNii

I want to go classic length, with a "fairytail ending". :D

What I use:
Johnson & Johnson Baby Wash and Shampoo.
olive oil soaks once in a while.
Rosemary rinse followed by a white vinegar rise when I feel inclined to baby my hair.

1Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

November 11th, 2011, 8:24 pm #2

And your hair looks lovely. Such a gorgeous colour. I like that style too although if you used that many pins etc to hold it it's probably not a style that I could do. I'm a one stick - two sticks at the most - style-girl. But it certainly looks pretty in your hair.

BTW, don't think I've welcomed you yet: so welcome to the Loom!

Progress from June 2006 - January 2011

2a/M/ii
Mid-Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights; fringe/bangs.
Starting length: 25"/62.5cm (BSL)
Current length: 33.5" (Cut back from 38.5" February 2011 following a massive shed.)
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with!

Current routine: Oil lightly before washing with a mix of olive, coconut, avocado and almond oils. Scalp wash every second to third day using Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. Finish with acidic rinse (1 tsp ACV or lime juice to 2 cups of water or herbal tea). A'kin conditioner on the ends when I feel it needs it.
Other: Oiling when required with avocado and almond oil or shea butter; S&D when I think of it; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

My Website

On Eagles' Wings (My Blog)

My Method for Scalp Washes

Hair Journey Began in June 2006 ...

Hair Type: 2a/M/ii
Hair Colour: Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights (more silver than red nowadays)
Initial Goal length: 36" (Tailbone)
Setback: Major shed in 2010 when at 38"
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with! (Preferably tailbone with thick hemline.

Current Routine
CWCA: C = condition the length with conditioner or shea butter; W = wash the scalp using diluted organic shampoo; Condition = small amount of conditioner on ends; A = acidic rinse, either ACV or citric acid; Frequency = once a week. In-between times, scalp washes as required.
Tips for super soft hair = Wash with Miracle Water. Finish up with LOC (Liquid = water; Oil = almond/olive/avocado oils; Cream = aloe vera gel)
Other: Regular micro-trims; light oiling on dry hair a few times a week; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

Fox

November 11th, 2011, 8:33 pm #3

But can you see this picture? If not, let me know what you do see: "deleted picture", a blank spot, ect.

"Fan Bun"
I got the instructions for it here:http://rapunzelsresource.wordpress.com/ ... 0/fan-bun/
Isn't it lovely? Though I am not sure how well it will stay on my head. I used a lot of bobby-pins, 1 hair spiral, several jumbo plastic pins, and a small knitting needle pin to hold it(I like variety! :D) and it doesn't feel very secure. But it's so pretty, who cares?

~Heather Joy

What I use:
Rosemary rinse followed by a white vinegar rise when I feel inclined to baby my hair.

1Corinthians 11:15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.
Hurray!

-Fox

January 2010
Special thanks to Carlynn for my custom doll signature!
17/32.75/40+ Type 2CMii (3B underneath layer) Somewhat fine, slightly wavy (with curls on the underneath layer), Hennaed Auburn. F.L.A. Ranking, Colonel. To see more pictures, click on the gallery collection link found here:<a href="">http://www.geocities.com/ifoxbox/ForeverFox.html> Forever Fox </a>
My Journal: <a href="">http://www.longhairloom.com/foxjournal.htm> Faithfully Fox </a>

Want custom sticks? Please visit: Sticks and Stones, Hairsticks by Fox

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny." -John MacArthur

"Love makes you beautiful" - quote from my nephew at age 7

Products Used:

Ida's Shampoo Bars

Aubrey Organics S&C
Nature's Gate Conditioners

Vinegar/herbal rinses

Oils: Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Virgin Oil de Coco Creme, Monoi, Castor, Meadowfoam Seed & essential oils
Shea Butter (from which I make my own leave-in)

MP Popular Mix Brush and Pure BB brush
Wood and Horn combs
Vitamins/Minerals/Herbal supplements
-Fox
Starting my growing journey all over again after health issues took a major toll on my hair.
17/25.5/35+ - Type 2C-3bMii Somewhat fine, wavy (with corkscrew curls on the underneath layer), natural color is light brown with gold and red highlights. Previously used henna for years, but had it highlighted out over a couple of years. Currently trying to decide what to do as far as continuing with that to keep up the roots or doing something different.

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C - my most favorite, but currently using Neways Second Chance Shampoo, SheaMoisture's High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque,
Sally Beauty Generic Value Product's version of Matrix Biolage conditioner (as a leave in, not rinsed out)
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
Oils: Jojoba, Castor, Coconut & essential oils
MP Popular Mix Brush
MP & Madora wide tooth combs

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny."

Fox

November 11th, 2011, 8:34 pm #4

-Fox

January 2010
17/32.75/40+ Type 2CMii (3B underneath layer) Somewhat fine, slightly wavy (with curls on the underneath layer), Hennaed Auburn. F.L.A. Ranking, Colonel. To see more pictures, click on the gallery collection link found here:<a href="">http://www.geocities.com/ifoxbox/ForeverFox.html> Forever Fox </a>
My Journal: <a href="">http://www.longhairloom.com/foxjournal.htm> Faithfully Fox </a>

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny." -John MacArthur

Products Used:

Ida's Shampoo Bars

Aubrey Organics S&C

Vinegar/herbal rinses

Oils: Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Virgin Oil de Coco Creme, Monoi, Castor, Meadowfoam Seed & essential oils

Wood and Horn combs
-Fox
Starting my growing journey all over again after health issues took a major toll on my hair.
17/25.5/35+ - Type 2C-3bMii Somewhat fine, wavy (with corkscrew curls on the underneath layer), natural color is light brown with gold and red highlights. Previously used henna for years, but had it highlighted out over a couple of years. Currently trying to decide what to do as far as continuing with that to keep up the roots or doing something different.

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C - my most favorite, but currently using Neways Second Chance Shampoo, SheaMoisture's High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque,
Sally Beauty Generic Value Product's version of Matrix Biolage conditioner (as a leave in, not rinsed out)
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
Oils: Jojoba, Castor, Coconut & essential oils
MP Popular Mix Brush
MP & Madora wide tooth combs

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny."

November 11th, 2011, 8:56 pm #5

And your hair looks lovely. Such a gorgeous colour. I like that style too although if you used that many pins etc to hold it it's probably not a style that I could do. I'm a one stick - two sticks at the most - style-girl. But it certainly looks pretty in your hair.

BTW, don't think I've welcomed you yet: so welcome to the Loom!

Progress from June 2006 - January 2011

2a/M/ii
Mid-Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights; fringe/bangs.
Current length: 33.5" (Cut back from 38.5" February 2011 following a massive shed.)
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with!

Current routine: Oil lightly before washing with a mix of olive, coconut, avocado and almond oils. Scalp wash every second to third day using Chagrin Valley shampoo bars. Finish with acidic rinse (1 tsp ACV or lime juice to 2 cups of water or herbal tea). A'kin conditioner on the ends when I feel it needs it.
Other: Oiling when required with avocado and almond oil or shea butter; S&D when I think of it; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

My Website

On Eagles' Wings (My Blog)

My Method for Scalp Washes
You have lovely hair as well!

~Heather Joy

What I use:

November 11th, 2011, 8:57 pm #6

Hurray!

-Fox

January 2010

Products Used:

Ida's Shampoo Bars

Aubrey Organics S&C

Vinegar/herbal rinses

Wood and Horn combs
~Heather Joy

What I use:

Jordan Elizabeth
Jordan Elizabeth

November 11th, 2011, 9:08 pm #7

"Fan Bun"

~Heather Joy

What I use:

I can't see the phot a blue box with a ? shows up instead. I wsh I could see your hair!

Tomorrow Elizabeth of Rapunzel's Resource herself is going to do my hair in that style! I'll be sure to report back with pictures.

Jordan
Heavenly Princess
Http://heavenlyprincessblog.wordpress.com

November 11th, 2011, 9:43 pm #8

"Fan Bun"

~Heather Joy

What I use:

Well worth the wait. Your bun and hair is lovely!

1BFii
Hair: All natural dark brown and silver.
Washing: Once or twice a week. Condition from ears on down. Cold as I can stand it final rinse.
Shampoo/Conditioner:Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo and Conditioner. Nature's Gate Organics Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner.
Wide tooth comb
Kind Regards,
lacemitts

November 11th, 2011, 10:04 pm #9

I can't see the phot a blue box with a ? shows up instead. I wsh I could see your hair!

Tomorrow Elizabeth of Rapunzel's Resource herself is going to do my hair in that style! I'll be sure to report back with pictures.

Jordan
Heavenly Princess
Http://heavenlyprincessblog.wordpress.com
That sounds lovely! Do tell her hi from me. (Not that she will know me, but I just love her site. She is such a sweet person!) I'm sorry you can't see the picture, but thank you for telling me what came up instead. Do you have a network54 account? I am thinking that you may not be able to see it because you don't have an account?

~Heather Joy

What I use:

November 11th, 2011, 10:08 pm #10

Well worth the wait. Your bun and hair is lovely!

1BFii
Washing: Once or twice a week. Condition from ears on down. Cold as I can stand it final rinse.
Shampoo/Conditioner:Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo and Conditioner. Nature's Gate Organics Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner.
Wide tooth comb
Kind Regards,
lacemitts
Thank you! You are to kind lacemitts!

~Heather Joy

What I use:

November 11th, 2011, 10:33 pm #11

That sounds lovely! Do tell her hi from me. (Not that she will know me, but I just love her site. She is such a sweet person!) I'm sorry you can't see the picture, but thank you for telling me what came up instead. Do you have a network54 account? I am thinking that you may not be able to see it because you don't have an account?

~Heather Joy

What I use:

I logged in and still can't see it. Perhaps is because i'm on an iPad. Maybe i'll have a chance to check it on the main computer at some point.

November 11th, 2011, 10:55 pm #12

Well, I'll keep trying!

~Heather Joy

What I use:

November 11th, 2011, 11:14 pm #13

"Fan Bun"

~Heather Joy

What I use:

I can see both pictures now! How beautiful your hair is!

November 11th, 2011, 11:52 pm #14

I did! I changed it so that everyone has access to them now. (Before I had thought that that option meant that everyone could get on and look at the albums, but I was wrong.) I'm so glad you can see them now!
Thank you. I love your hair as well, I've always wanted waves/curls.

~Heather Joy

What I use:

November 12th, 2011, 12:56 am #15

"Fan Bun"

~Heather Joy

What I use:

LOVE your hair! I especially like the photo of the half-up with the Flexi clip. It's nice to "see" you now.

I also have discovered your Joyous Crafts Facebook page and have become your 80th "like." I look forward to seeing your photos. Crafty things are something I love to see others do and to do myself, even if I don't have much time for creating right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

June 2009 in Odessa, Ukraine, by the Black Sea

2C-3B/N/i (1.5" ponytail)
16"/19"/26" (BSL)
brown with gray and a silver streak--embracing the natural but seriously considering henna and indigo
43 years old

shaking up my routine and trying a sort of Curly Girl / Live Curly Live Free / Grow Hair Fast regimen with homemade shampoos and natural conditioner like AO & Yes to Cucumbers
scalp massages, scalp brushing w/ BBB, detangling w/ fingers, scrunching, air drying

battling autoimmune issues and major shedding for the last 5 years or so, as well as post-adoption stress (evident in the first April 2011 pic in my signature)

[I originally found the Loom and started measuring back in April 2007 (17.5"), but with such thin, scraggly looking hair from my health issues and stress, I've been so disappointed and have gotten a few big cuts, only reaching 23.5" at the end of September 2010. Now I'm starting all over again!]

November 12th, 2011, 2:42 am #16

LOL! Thanks so much for liking my page! We will be having a giveaway soon, so stay tuned. And thank you for the complement. It's nice to meet you to!

~Heather Joy

What I use:

November 12th, 2011, 3:44 am #17

"Fan Bun"

~Heather Joy

What I use:

And you've got everything but the kitchen sink holding it up. lol! (Cute how you listed everything that's holding it in place.)

Oh my gosh. It is beautiful. Edited to add, thank you for the hairdo instructions link too.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because
people who mind don't matter and people who
matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
Hair color: Icy silver on sides, silver and charcoal to BSL, auburn toward end.
1b M ii
24"/47"/Cruising toward crook-of-the-knee.
Current fave oil: Olive
Shampoo: Shiny Silver, Denorex, Dove Intensive Repair
Madora comb with two teeth broken off.
Wash almost every day because of a horse and Zumba.
Lil's blog:
http://alittlegrace.blogspot.com/

Last edited by lilianaliliana on November 12th, 2011, 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 12th, 2011, 5:25 am #18

"Fan Bun"

~Heather Joy

What I use:

Yay! Great pics! Well worth the wait!

~Misty

Joined 8/26/2010

Hair Length: 35.50" (when left curly)
37.00" (when straightened out)

Hair Type: 3cnii
Naturally curly

Goal Length: We'll see how long it will get!

Main Goal: To have my hair be healthy and long

***One hair on the head is worth two in the brush***

Please visit my Etsy shop:http://www.etsy.com/shop/SilverHeelsTradingCo
My Website:http://hotrodangel.webs.com/

November 12th, 2011, 10:43 am #19

"Fan Bun"

~Heather Joy

What I use:

What a beautiful hairstyle! Looks wonderful
Thank you for linking to the tutorial

November 12th, 2011, 2:00 pm #20

"Fan Bun"

~Heather Joy

What I use:

Your hair is so so beautiful, Heather! I love the color and shine. And I love the Fan bun! That updo looks great on you. Thank you for the link!

Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: classic
Primary goal: thickening the ends

Hair journal:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

Routine:
- NW/SO on the scalp, with periodical length
washes (Alverde birke-salbei shampoo for the length)
- brushing, scritching, preening and massaging daily
- occasional S&D trims
- trimming the ends whenever they start looking funny
Current length: classic+
Current goal: knee

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ Alverde Birke-Salbei shampoo
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs
~ Tangle Teezer/Tangle Angel & wide-tooth comb
~ hair friendly hair toys, for putting up hair and forgetting about it

Hair journal (rarely updated nowadays):

November 12th, 2011, 2:01 pm #21

Hair journal:

Routine:
- occasional S&D trims
Current length: classic+
Current goal: knee

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ Alverde Birke-Salbei shampoo
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs
~ Tangle Teezer/Tangle Angel & wide-tooth comb
~ hair friendly hair toys, for putting up hair and forgetting about it

Hair journal (rarely updated nowadays):

November 12th, 2011, 3:08 pm #22

1BFii
Wide tooth comb
Kind Regards,
lacemitts

November 12th, 2011, 5:43 pm #23

"Fan Bun"

~Heather Joy

What I use:

very pretty and I love the style.  Thanks for sharing the photos.

My hair journal:http://www.network54.com/Forum/496746/
1bniii Hair Type - Length:47" Goal: 48" Products - Currently Using:
Organix Shampoo & Conditioners
CV & Lush Shampoo Bars w/vinegar rinse
Monoi or Virgin de Coco Creme on ends daily
Shea Butter Creamy Souffle as pre-wash conditioner. Wash 1-2 times a week. Wide tooth wood & bakelite combs. TT on wet hair. BBB sometimes. Braid before bed and oil ends.

November 12th, 2011, 7:24 pm #24

"Fan Bun"

~Heather Joy

What I use:

Such a romantic looking style! It's lovely.

Christmas 08 April 09

Close up of my gray hair.

Oil on ends just before combing to help with snarls, 2x a day.

Shampoo every 5 days
Experimenting with ACV, coconut oil, and honey.

Started measuring August 06, at 36.5 inches
1cCii ~ Natural Silver

I am 54 year old and I've been married for 35 years!!

July 1st 07 - Reached 40 inches
July 14 07 - Cut back to 36.5
August 3rd 08 - Reached 40 inches again.
January 1 09 Reached 43 and classic achieved! Cut for a better hemline.
April thru June 40 still. sigh...
March 2010 Classic!!!

36.5/42.5/Classic

Faithful to barbers - they actually trim 1/8th of an inch!!

November 12th, 2011, 7:43 pm #25

"Fan Bun"

~Heather Joy

What I use:

So much for your kind words! I look forward to getting to know all of you better! (I am a long time lurker. I didn't have an account back then, but I used to come over hear almost every day for a long time and just drool over all your hair!:D )

~Heather Joy

What I use:

November 13th, 2011, 6:27 am #26

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

November 14th, 2011, 3:19 pm #27

... a new pic in your siggy? I have just noticed it, and I'm amazed with your length! You have passed classic, I'd say!

Hair journal:

Routine:
- occasional S&D trims
It is a recent pic, from the beginning of november
I'm just about an inch or so past classic (finally! ) but the ends are so tapered and thin
I've desided to trim half my growth each month in the hope of thickening them over time (it would probably work better if I maintained at one length, but I just can't accept not growing longer! )

November 14th, 2011, 3:20 pm #28

Love the new pic and your hair and length.

1BFii
Wide tooth comb
Kind Regards,
lacemitts

November 14th, 2011, 3:22 pm #29

I see it too. It says November. It's gotta be new. Congrats on reaching new lengths. As Kara used to say, "Good growing!" It's looks lovely and long.

matter don't mind."
~Dr. Seuss
Age 52
1b M ii
Lil's blog:

Thank you

November 14th, 2011, 4:23 pm #30

"Fan Bun"

~Heather Joy

What I use:

I've never seen a style like this... it's very pretty! In the end did it stay put?

elvea rose ~
guardian of faerie mist tresses
1c / ultra fine / i

"...like the soft light of the moon silvering
over the evening of life." ~ a quote by
Johann Paul Friedrich Richter

My hopes ~
Tresses to my hips and mock faerie-tale endings,
but what I need is a hefty dose of patience... and tyme!

And this is why...
June '07~ my last color enhancement treatment
March '09~ 23" all natural tresses
December '09~ 26" **first goal**
August '10 to May '11~ 28" **unwittingly kept there**
September '11~ 30" **second goal**
Last trim ~ Hunter's moon of October
...just shy of 29"

Third is 33 inches
Lastly... to tag bcl, then stay put.

Confirmation of reply: