Soooo sad and depressed

Soooo sad and depressed

November 15th, 2017, 12:46 am #1

Well, I cut my hair.

I have had grey hair since I was 11 (I'm 45 now), and I had been dying my hair for many years. I had finally decided to not dye my hair any longer, so I got some of it cut. Then, I got some more cut.... I'm so sad. I know it will grow, but I was just so disgusted with growing out the demi color I had been having done for years.

Why is it SO HARD to let hair grow? I'm terrible at any kind of styling, but I think I'm going to have to suck it up and just let it grow, but isn't there anything at all that can increase the speed of growth? I only was two or three times a week, and I'm taking biotin supplements.... I'm willing to try anything.

I have straight fine hair that is semi-thick, but I was wondering what kinds of brushes and combs everyone uses.

Thanks to everyone. I'm headed over to lilarose.biz to buy myself something pretty to cheer up.....

November 15th, 2017, 4:11 am #2

Growing out colour is a hard process and takes a lot of patience and confidence. I used herbal henna so it wasn't too difficult but I still hated it at times. But it's worth it!

How short is your hair? If we have an idea of its length we might have some styling suggestions.

Try to think of it as a way of starting with fresh virgin hair.

Hair Journey Began in June 2006 ...

Hair Type: 2a/M/ii
Hair Colour: Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights (more silver than red nowadays)
Starting length: 25"/62.5cm (BSL)
Initial Goal length: 36" (Tailbone)
Setback: Major shed in 2010 when at 38"
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with! (Preferably tailbone with thick hemline.)

Current Routine
CWCA: C = condition the length with conditioner or shea butter; W = wash the scalp using diluted organic shampoo; Condition = small amount of conditioner on ends; A = acidic rinse, either ACV or citric acid; Frequency = once a week. In-between times, scalp washes as required.
Tips for super soft hair = Wash with Miracle Water. Finish up with LOC (Liquid = water; Oil = almond/olive/avocado oils; Cream = aloe vera gel)
Other: Regular micro-trims; light oiling on dry hair a few times a week; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

November 18th, 2017, 10:57 pm #3

Well, I cut my hair.

I have had grey hair since I was 11 (I'm 45 now), and I had been dying my hair for many years. I had finally decided to not dye my hair any longer, so I got some of it cut. Then, I got some more cut.... I'm so sad. I know it will grow, but I was just so disgusted with growing out the demi color I had been having done for years.

Why is it SO HARD to let hair grow? I'm terrible at any kind of styling, but I think I'm going to have to suck it up and just let it grow, but isn't there anything at all that can increase the speed of growth? I only was two or three times a week, and I'm taking biotin supplements.... I'm willing to try anything.

I have straight fine hair that is semi-thick, but I was wondering what kinds of brushes and combs everyone uses.

Thanks to everyone. I'm headed over to lilarose.biz to buy myself something pretty to cheer up.....
I empathize with you so much. I'm so sorry you had to cut... I don't know how long your hair is at the moment, but I guess that you're currently in one of those awkward stages. Unfortunately, there's no quick fix that will accelerate your hair growth beyond your genetically encoded maximum... Biotin will certainly help you reach your maximum growth rate and gentle handling will enable you to preserve your ends as best as you can.

Depending on your length, there must be things you could do, styling-wise, to make this stage bearable. Since I don't know your current stage, I can only advise patience.

As for brushes and combs, I use the same tools I've shown in one of my old blog posts. I've also bought a new brush, but I need to test it first to see how it works before I talk about it here

P.S. A Flexi is always a good way to cheer yourself up Will you show us your purchase when it comes?
Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: classic+
Current goal: knee

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ Alverde Birke-Salbei shampoo
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs
~ Tangle Teezer/Tangle Angel & wide-tooth comb
~ hair friendly hair toys, for putting up hair and forgetting about it

Hair journal (rarely updated nowadays):
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

December 31st, 2017, 5:16 am #4

Well, I cut my hair.

I love the Madora comb. Its the finest comb I have ever used.
https://madoralonghair.com/product/mado ... ngler-comb

For combs a bit lighter and less expensive I have eternally in amber ones.
They seem sold out a lot now so check back often!
https://www.eternallyinamber.com/collec ... ooth-combs

I use the George Michael BBB and also a softer one by earth theraputics.
I hardly use a BBB though.
https://madoralonghair.com/product/the- ... brush-apsb
https://www.amazon.com/Earth-Therapeuti ... LZVSK?th=1

Hair troubles can be depressing...hope you feel better. Keep growing.

I could not log in with my JJJLONGHAIR name so I had to use this alternate BlondeJJJ account!

JJJ
Its Me, J J J L O N G H A I R

I started my longer hair journey in 2005 at 36" and have grown to beyond floor.
My longest length was 87" in 2017 and I started trimming it back and am still in the
process of deciding my best hair length.In 2017 I trimmed 14" and today I am still at 75".

MY LONG HAIR PHOTO PAGE- http://jjjlonghairphotopage.zoomshare.com/
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL- https://www.youtube.com/user/JJJLonghair4u2c

Hennaredbraid
Hennaredbraid

March 12th, 2018, 9:28 am #5

Try massaging castor oil into the roots, and sleeping with it. This even works on eyelashes, I hear. I haven't yet tried this technique myself, but I hear it works wonders.

Also, many people have had sped up hair growth by eating a spoonful of blackstrap (highest mineral content) molasses a day.

Fox

March 15th, 2018, 4:15 am #6

I had my  best results when taking a great multi-vitamin as well as Twin Labs Amino Fuel. I also find scalp massage done the right way, and exercise, to help with blood flow which gives you your best shot as the best growth.
-Fox
Starting my growing journey all over again after health issues took a major toll on my hair.
17/25.5/35+ - Type 2C-3bMii Somewhat fine, wavy (with corkscrew curls on the underneath layer), natural color is light brown with gold and red highlights. Previously used henna for years, but had it highlighted out over a couple of years. Currently trying to decide what to do as far as continuing with that to keep up the roots or doing something different.

Products Used:
Aubrey Organics S&C - my most favorite, but currently using Neways Second Chance Shampoo, SheaMoisture's High Porosity Moisture-Seal Masque,
Sally Beauty Generic Value Product's version of Matrix Biolage conditioner (as a leave in, not rinsed out)
Aubrey Organics Chia Gel
Vinegar/herbal rinses
Oils: Jojoba, Castor, Coconut & essential oils
MP Popular Mix Brush
MP & Madora wide tooth combs
Vitamins/Minerals/Herbal supplements

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, they will become your character. Develop your character for it becomes your destiny."

Confirmation of reply: