Signature Picture

Signature Picture

March 26th, 2011, 11:06 pm #1

Hi all, sorry it took so long to get a photo loaded. I have to do it from my computer since it doesn't work from iPad, and I rarely open my laptop anymore.

Anyway, I hope everyone is well!

March 26th, 2011, 11:11 pm #2

You have such beautiful hair, Restourceful! Your color is so interesting; I love it. And I love your waves too

Nov 2009 Apr 2010 a great hair day

Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: tailbone
Primary goal: thickening the ends
Secondary goal: classic

Hair journal:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

Routine:
- NW/SO on the scalp, with periodical length
washes (Alverde birke-salbei shampoo for the length)
- brushing, scritching, preening and massaging daily
- occasional S&D trims
- trimming the ends whenever they start looking funny
Hair type: 2b/M/C/iii
Current length: classic+
Current goal: knee

Current routine:
~ alternating a NW/SO (no water/sebum only) routine with occasional washes. I use the techniques of NW/SO (brushing, scritching and preening) almost daily, but I do a shampoo wash every month or two.

Products and tools:
~ Alverde Birke-Salbei shampoo
~ occasionally oiling the ends with either coconut or almond oil; currently experimenting with argan oil
~ an assortment of BBBs
~ Tangle Teezer/Tangle Angel & wide-tooth comb
~ hair friendly hair toys, for putting up hair and forgetting about it

Hair journal (rarely updated nowadays):
http://www.network54.com/Forum/663765

March 27th, 2011, 1:24 am #3

Hi all, sorry it took so long to get a photo loaded. I have to do it from my computer since it doesn't work from iPad, and I rarely open my laptop anymore.

Now that is some lovely hair! Really, really beautiful!

1BFii
Hair: All natural dark brown and silver.
Washing: Twice a week, scalp wash, with letting shampoo run through length. Condition from ears on down. Cold as I can stand it final rinse.
Shampoo/Conditioner:Aubrey's Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo and Conditioner. Nature's Gate Organics Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner.
Comb, never brush.
Kind Regards,
lacemitts

March 27th, 2011, 1:31 am #4

To the Loom. Your hair is strikingly beautiful!

Christmas 08 April 09

Close up of my gray hair.

Oil on ends just before combing to help with snarls, 2x a day.

Shampoo every 5 days
Experimenting with ACV, coconut oil, and honey.

Started measuring August 06, at 36.5 inches
1cCii ~ Natural Silver

I am 54 year old and I've been married for 35 years!!

July 1st 07 - Reached 40 inches
July 14 07 - Cut back to 36.5
August 3rd 08 - Reached 40 inches again.
January 1 09 Reached 43 and classic achieved! Cut for a better hemline.
April thru June 40 still. sigh...
March 2010 Classic!!!

36.5/42.5/Classic

Faithful to barbers - they actually trim 1/8th of an inch!!

March 27th, 2011, 2:42 am #5

Like a real life Rapunzel!

~Misty

Joined 8/26/2010

Hair Length: 33.5" (when left curly)
35.75" (when straightened out)

Hair Type: 3cnii
Naturally curly

Goal Length: We'll see how long it will get!

Main Goal: To have my hair be healthy and long

***One hair on the head is worth two in the brush***

Please visit my Etsy shop:http://www.etsy.com/shop/SilverHeelsTradingCo
My Website:http://hotrodangel.webs.com/

March 27th, 2011, 3:58 am #6

I love long grey hair. Perhaps it's because it's so rare nowadays, especially as thick as yours. There's a woman at our church who has long silver hair, and she always wears it in braids wrapped on top of her head. That's how I want to look when I have a silver crown

I also understand the iPad thing - I almost exclusively use mine, so I wish there were a good way to add pictures to websites...

March 27th, 2011, 6:06 am #7

Is this a new pic? I've seen pics before of your hair but this one looks shinier, softer, wavier and prettier than any I've ever seen before.

If I had your colour I'd never be tempted to dye. It's so pretty. Sigh. If only mine could look like that ...

I hope you've put this into your siggy so we can drool over your hair every time you post. lol

Progress from June 2006 - January 2011

2a/M/ii
Mid-Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights; fringe/bangs.
Starting length 25"/62.5cm (BSL)
Current length 33.5" (Cut back from 38.5" February 2011 following a massive shed.)
New Goal 41.5"/105.5cm (Classic length)

Current routine: Scalp wash every second day using shampoo bars from Beauty and the Bee. Finish with acidic rinse (1 tsp ACV or lime juice to 2 cups of water). Once a week use shampoo bar on length as well as scalp. Daily oiling with almond oil.
Other: S&D when I think of it; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

My Website

On Eagles' Wings (My Blog)

My Method for Scalp Washes

Hair Journey Began in June 2006 ...

Hair Type: 2a/M/ii
Hair Colour: Dark brown with natural red and silver highlights (more silver than red nowadays)
Starting length: 25"/62.5cm (BSL)
Initial Goal length: 36" (Tailbone)
Setback: Major shed in 2010 when at 38"
New Goal: Healthy hair that I'm happy with! (Preferably tailbone with thick hemline.

Current Routine
CWCA: C = condition the length with conditioner or shea butter; W = wash the scalp using diluted organic shampoo; Condition = small amount of conditioner on ends; A = acidic rinse, either ACV or citric acid; Frequency = once a week. In-between times, scalp washes as required.
Tips for super soft hair = Wash with Miracle Water. Finish up with LOC (Liquid = water; Oil = almond/olive/avocado oils; Cream = aloe vera gel)
Other: Regular micro-trims; light oiling on dry hair a few times a week; BBB; wooden comb; Mason Pearson comb; hair sticks, Flexi-8's, Ficcare, and other hair friendly toys.

'Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfailing beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.' 1 Peter 3:3-4

March 27th, 2011, 6:18 am #8

Absolutely gorgeous! I've never seen anything like it.

~ Lady Lovely Locks

Type: 1c/N-C/ii
Growth: ~10"/Shoulder (~19)/Goal: Style that I love
Longest ever was tailbone(34")

NEWLY CUT AND PERMED.

I cut 15 inches from my length for Pantene's Beautiful Lengths charity, and I'm currently enjoying short-ish hair again.

Naturally: Dark brown, mostly straight with a few waves on the odd day, thick strands and thick volume. Mostly one-length with bangs, currently has a few layers in the bottom.

Started from ear length in November 2004. Went through a few cuts and layered styles while growing out. Found TLHL at 31" in May 2009.

March 27th, 2011, 7:56 am #9

Wow, your hair is absolutely stunning.

cross made of my own and my mothers hair

1a/bFi

16/45.9/51

Routine:
Daily scalp wash with CV bars followed by ACV rince.
Deep conditioning once or twice a week.
Oiling with coconut and/or avocado oil when needed.

Horn combs and BBB brush.

March 27th, 2011, 10:52 am #10

Your hair is amazing! So beautiful

Miriam
Miriam

March 27th, 2011, 11:44 am #11

To the Loom. Your hair is strikingly beautiful! Christmas 08 April 09

Close up of my gray hair.

Oil on ends just before combing to help with snarls, 2x a day.

Shampoo every 5 days
Experimenting with ACV, coconut oil, and honey.

Started measuring August 06, at 36.5 inches
1cCii ~ Natural Silver

I am 54 year old and I've been married for 35 years!!

July 1st 07 - Reached 40 inches
July 14 07 - Cut back to 36.5
August 3rd 08 - Reached 40 inches again.
January 1 09 Reached 43 and classic achieved! Cut for a better hemline.
April thru June 40 still. sigh...
March 2010 Classic!!!

36.5/42.5/Classic

Faithful to barbers - they actually trim 1/8th of an inch!!

March 27th, 2011, 5:29 pm #12

You are all so sweet! Yes, it is my siggy pic, so it will show on all my posts.

I'll try to do a better job of getting in here more regularly so I can really get to know everyone.

March 29th, 2011, 3:14 am #13

you have stunning hair-especially love the colour ,length and waves..still haven't figured out how to add my signature for each of my posts-so this will have to do-maybe will call hubbie in for help eventually-is your hair blonde or silver? either way it's absolutely gorgeous..

March 29th, 2011, 5:33 am #14

What lovely hair you have!

1cF/Mii
CO washing most days, shampoo 1 or 2 times a week. Detangler as needed. Deep condition about once a week with Nyle oil or plain ol' coconut oil. Regularly use coconut oil on ends when the weather is dry. Exfoliate scalp with sugar mixed into cheap conditioner whenever I feel like I need it. NO hair dryers, curling irons or other heat styling ever applied to hair.

23/29.75"/tailbone

My hair right about the time I started, I had tried to dye the bleached ends to match the roots, but as you can see from the next pic, the dye didn't hold very long.

November 2008 since I started using cassia. Not much growth since August but I Love the shine I'm getting from the Cassia and it seems to really be protecting my ends

July 2009--humidity is not my hair's best friend!

March 29th, 2011, 12:59 pm #15

In answer to the above questions, Jules, this was during the oil shampoo fiasco and was one of the best hair days I ever had. Unfortunately, it was also the beginning of massive split ends, which I am still dealing with. I have trimmed about an inch trying to get the ends back to some semblance of health, but I'm still finding splits. I'm nearly blind from looking for them to trim them off. And thank you for the lovely compliment on my color. I think yours is incredibly gorgeous, but you know this already!

Dulcy, I was a redhead before I silvered. It is a mixture of silver, some platinum blonde, and some auburn strands which I like to call salt & paprika. I do enjoy the color God was kind enough to give me for my more mature years.

March 29th, 2011, 2:55 pm #16

You hair is a gorgeous color!

March 30th, 2011, 11:24 pm #17

Hi Restourceful! It seems just yesterday you were happy to reach waist and here you are at tb! This is a lovely picture of your lovely tresses!!! I love your layers, they are so pretty. I can't remember if you are growing them out as well and hoping for all one length... but I like 'em! Just as is!

PS I am aka... SilvraShadows elsewhere, though I visit rarely over there due to busy-ness. The Loom moves more at my pace and fits my schedule best :P

peace and play,
elvea rose

"...like the soft light of the moon,
silvering over the evening of life."
~a quote by Johann Paul Friedrich Richter

Loomie since May '04

My hopes ~
Tresses to my hips and mock faerie-tale endings.

What I need is a hefty dose of patience
...and tyme!

1c / ultra fine / i
kept at 28" ...still :\

March 31st, 2011, 12:05 am #18

you have stunning hair-especially love the colour ,length and waves..still haven't figured out how to add my signature for each of my posts-so this will have to do-maybe will call hubbie in for help eventually-is your hair blonde or silver? either way it's absolutely gorgeous..
I hope this will help you with your signature picture... When you post, before you click the "Respond" button, click on the red link "Formatted Text Signature." A little box will open up and in that box you can copy and past an image, I use PhotoBucket, and you can add all the information you want. This is something you can start with, your hair type, goals, quotes... whatever you want ...until you can get a picture up.

I use PhotoBucket because I find it is easy enough, but I am sure there are other ways to get photos up and running.

peace and play,
elvea rose

Loomie since May '04

My hopes ~

...and tyme!

1c / ultra fine / i

March 31st, 2011, 2:36 am #19

Hi Restourceful! It seems just yesterday you were happy to reach waist and here you are at tb! This is a lovely picture of your lovely tresses!!! I love your layers, they are so pretty. I can't remember if you are growing them out as well and hoping for all one length... but I like 'em! Just as is!

PS I am aka... SilvraShadows elsewhere, though I visit rarely over there due to busy-ness. The Loom moves more at my pace and fits my schedule best :P

peace and play,
elvea rose

Loomie since May '04

My hopes ~

...and tyme!

1c / ultra fine / i
I haven't been elsewhere much myself lately. Other than the thread where I met you, things just aren't the same anymore. it is very peaceful here and I like it.

Thanks for the lovely compliment! You are a sweetheart for thinking it is at TBL, but it's really only hip. And who knows; maybe by the end of summer it will be TBL. One can hope!

April 25th, 2011, 3:26 am #20

I hope this will help you with your signature picture... When you post, before you click the "Respond" button, click on the red link "Formatted Text Signature." A little box will open up and in that box you can copy and past an image, I use PhotoBucket, and you can add all the information you want. This is something you can start with, your hair type, goals, quotes... whatever you want ...until you can get a picture up.

I use PhotoBucket because I find it is easy enough, but I am sure there are other ways to get photos up and running.

peace and play,
elvea rose

Loomie since May '04

My hopes ~

...and tyme!

1c / ultra fine / i
will try again to add pic-

April 25th, 2011, 3:28 am #21

peace and play,
elvea rose

Loomie since May '04

My hopes ~

...and tyme!

1c / ultra fine / i
will repost to see if pic reappears with new post.

April 25th, 2011, 3:30 am #22

how do 1 make pic appear automatically with each post?it failed to reappear this time-

April 25th, 2011, 6:52 pm #23

I haven't been elsewhere much myself lately. Other than the thread where I met you, things just aren't the same anymore. it is very peaceful here and I like it.

Thanks for the lovely compliment! You are a sweetheart for thinking it is at TBL, but it's really only hip. And who knows; maybe by the end of summer it will be TBL. One can hope!

! still can't get over your hair colour-absolutely gorgeous and 1 love the length-that's my goal length..it's so sad so many women cut their hair after a certain age-you have such beautiful hair..1 think 1 got my problem with the automatic pic with signature fixed last night but be warned it's HUGE!so when 1 post this we'll see..if it does appear if anyone knows how to reduce it[1used photobucket]please let me know-after weeks of struggle[am a computer klutz] was so happy to get any pic up..

Confirmation of reply: